2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also, full pads tomorrow, so the OL competition can really get going.

Speaking of which, saw a tweet that Runyan was again only at LG today...

...and also that rookie Hansen was at OC with OL2 with Lucas Patrick at RG, rather than Patrick in as the #2 C. The OL shuffling will definitely be worth watching.

Interesting that Leglue is LS2. I wonder if he's also RT3?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2020 11:39
Don't get why we keep doing that with guys like Burks and Adams every TC. No idea how you can have Adams ahead of Lancaster at this point.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Everyone talking about Gary looking leaner; he said he's 276, which is 4-6 pounds heavier than he was at the start of last year.

So, that's noteworthy.

Pressed on this issue, he explained "I guess I'm just growing into my grown man body; I'm 22"

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Aug 2020 12:51
Everyone talking about Gary looking leaner; he said he's 276, which is 4-6 pounds heavier than he was at the start of last year.

So, that's noteworthy.

Pressed on this issue, he explained "I guess I'm just growing into my grown man body; I'm 22"
:shock:

WOW. If those weights are accurate, that is quite the body transformation.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2020 12:39
NCF wrote:
Don't get why we keep doing that with guys like Burks and Adams every TC. No idea how you can have Adams ahead of Lancaster at this point.
Because the talent gap from them to the next option is huge. Burks just needs to stay healthy and get some momentum going. Adams just needs to pull his head out of his own ass.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is going to be fun.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2020 12:58
BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:
Because the talent gap from them to the next option is huge. Burks just needs to stay healthy and get some momentum going. Adams just needs to pull his head out of his own ass.
Feel like we are told that for both them and every offseason team darling and it never holds.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2020 13:20
NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2020 12:58
BF004 wrote:
Feel like we are told that for both them and every offseason team darling and it never holds.
I'm sorta with BF on this one, except that I'll wait for a week or so with padded practices before I need to see evidence of competition there.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2020 13:01
This is going to be fun.

Gary honestly does look leaner.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s hope he’s a bit meaner this year too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Big take aways for me today:

1. Tyler Ervin is seeming to be everything and more that some of us hoped he would last winter. He has the speed and they are using him as a RB and WR. He made a lot of plays today.

2. AJ Dillon is passing the eye test and also acting as a great receiver. This dude could be our Kenny Clark of 2020.

3. Tim Boyle is really good.

4. Vernon Scott and Christian Kirksey are guys to really watch out for.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
17 Aug 2020 13:48

1. Tyler Ervin is seeming to be everything and more that some of us hoped he would last winter. He has the speed and they are using him as a RB and WR. He made a lot of plays today.

2. AJ Dillon is passing the eye test and also acting as a great receiver. This dude could be our Kenny Clark of 2020.

These seem like the prime takeaways. It's weird how some guys literally just don't get mentioned.

Like Day one everyone was buzzing about Begelton and mentioned that EQSB "looked ready to go" but today nothing on either of them; not even that they didn't make big plays, but not even about crossing routes.

There was some big talk about Tonyan a little today, too; and nothing about Sternberger on his first day back off the COVID list.

I'm going to have to get used to the fact that we're not going to know the VAST majority of what's happening before the season starts. Just some highlight tweets and the pressers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Aug 2020 13:54
go pak go wrote:
17 Aug 2020 13:48

These seem like the prime takeaways. It's weird how some guys literally just don't get mentioned.

Like Day one everyone was buzzing about Begelton and mentioned that EQSB "looked ready to go" but today nothing on either of them; not even that they didn't make big plays, but not even about crossing routes.

There was some big talk about Tonyan a little today, too; and nothing about Sternberger on his first day back off the COVID list.

I'm going to have to get used to the fact that we're not going to know the VAST majority of what's happening before the season starts. Just some highlight tweets and the pressers.
I think our best bet is to listen to guys like Nagler, Andy Herman and Wes/Spof after the "practice shows" or live chats for any updates.

To be fair to the media guys, the Packers are being very restrictive on what these media guys can take pictures of, videos of and even tweet about. So their hands are pretty full too.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
17 Aug 2020 14:09
I think our best bet is to listen to guys like Nagler, Andy Herman and Wes/Spof after the "practice shows" or live chats for any updates.

To be fair to the media guys, the Packers are being very restrictive on what these media guys can take pictures of, videos of and even tweet about. So their hands are pretty full too.
oh yeah, I hate on the media guys every year but this time I can't say it's their fault as much. It's just tricky, and I think there are less of them.

But I feel like we get almost no insight into who's lining up where with non-starters, except for the nugget about Runyan Jr and Hansen. Like, they tell us every day that Oren Burks is lining up next to Kirksey with the 1s. Who are the two ILBs with the 2s? They tell us every day that Gary is spending a lot of time on the field with the 1s, but how is the depth competition going? Just things like that.

I genuinely do not need to know the play-by-play of every Tim Boyle drive. I want to know the nuggets surrounding every Tim Boyle drive. But it sounds like they don't actually have great views this year for a lot of things, so I'll go easier.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oh, and one thing I REALLY don't need: daily Jordan Love updates. Questions to Rodgers about Love. Questions to Boyle about Love.

Jordan Love is almost assuredly redshirting the year in a year in which it would be dumb not to carry 3 QBs. COVID has made the decision to keep Tim Boyle a no-brainer. So, like "MLF says, again, that Love needs to clean up his footwork" or "Love is practicing his footwork on the sideline" are literally updates for 2021.

But I totally get that he was a 1st round pick and QB is the narrative position, so whatever. But I'm over it 2 days into camp. Poor Tim Boyle got like 4 questions about it despite answering the first one fully. Then was like "I'm gonna keep saying this, and I know it's boring, and I'm bored of saying it, but I approach the game the same way."

Like, alert: this is code for STFU. But no, they ask him if Aaron Rodgers is in a good mood since Love has been drafted. :messedup: :roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Aug 2020 14:23
Oh, and one thing I REALLY don't need: daily Jordan Love updates. Questions to Rodgers about Love. Questions to Boyle about Love.

Jordan Love is almost assuredly redshirting the year in a year in which it would be dumb not to carry 3 QBs. COVID has made the decision to keep Tim Boyle a no-brainer. So, like "MLF says, again, that Love needs to clean up his footwork" or "Love is practicing his footwork on the sideline" are literally updates for 2021.

But I totally get that he was a 1st round pick and QB is the narrative position, so whatever. But I'm over it 2 days into camp. Poor Tim Boyle got like 4 questions about it despite answering the first one fully. Then was like "I'm gonna keep saying this, and I know it's boring, and I'm bored of saying it, but I approach the game the same way."

Like, alert: this is code for STFU. But no, they ask him if Aaron Rodgers is in a good mood since Love has been drafted. :messedup: :roll:
Our beat reporters are honestly just very bad at their job. Which is too bad because I actually think guys like Daugherty and Demovksy know football. So it really is too bad. But you are right. Their questions are downright horrible and you know all they are doing is fishing for their "pet topic" that they want to write for the newspaper the next day.

What is really too bad about this is the beat writers are just so old fashioned in their thinking and their employer, Gannett, is supporting this thinking. I just can't possibly think any Packers fan reads the Press Gazzette or Sentinal Journal for Packers news any longer. It's not news. It's regurgitated material over and over that is trying to appeal to the masses who has already been appealed.

And you can tell too the look on the coaches faces when a question comes from a beat reporter compared to a fan reporter because the fan reporters questions are just so much more well thought over.

But what upsets me most is talented guys like Michael Cohen are no longer supported financially by the press companies and so we just get the continued recycle'd "news guys". And they wonder why nobody is buying prescriptions to Packersnews or Milwaukee Sentinal.

....meanwhile. I am trying to find ways of being patreons to guys like Andy Herman and Cheesehead TV because they are at least trying to get us what us Packers fans want.

Though I will say Nagler has been pretty weak on his training camp tweets as well.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
Many times, they just want to put these guys on film so they can tell if the things they were assigned to work during the offseason have improved...or will improve over the course of TC. That's why they put them in vs starters early on to see their hand placement, play recognition, first steps etc. Putting him ahead of Lancaster just means they want a comparison from last season->August 17th -> end of TC.
IF he doesn't show a rising trajectory, they may move on.
IT. IS. TIME

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

The obsession some, including reporters, have with Dillon's legs is a bit creepy.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
17 Aug 2020 14:59
YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Aug 2020 14:23

Our beat reporters are honestly just very bad at their job. Which is too bad because I actually think guys like Daugherty and Demovksy know football. So it really is too bad. But you are right. Their questions are downright horrible and you know all they are doing is fishing for their "pet topic" that they want to write for the newspaper the next day.

What is really too bad about this is the beat writers are just so old fashioned in their thinking and their employer, Gannett, is supporting this thinking. I just can't possibly think any Packers fan reads the Press Gazzette or Sentinal Journal for Packers news any longer. It's not news. It's regurgitated material over and over that is trying to appeal to the masses who has already been appealed.

And you can tell too the look on the coaches faces when a question comes from a beat reporter compared to a fan reporter because the fan reporters questions are just so much more well thought over.

But what upsets me most is talented guys like Michael Cohen are no longer supported financially by the press companies and so we just get the continued recycle'd "news guys". And they wonder why nobody is buying prescriptions to Packersnews or Milwaukee Sentinal.

....meanwhile. I am trying to find ways of being patreons to guys like Andy Herman and Cheesehead TV because they are at least trying to get us what us Packers fans want.

Though I will say Nagler has been pretty weak on his training camp tweets as well.
It’s tough being a reporter. You need to be able to ask questions that will be answered. Players and coaches aren’t going to answer anything scheme related. They’re not going to answer anything if the question is negative. I think the reporters are doing the best they can. They can’t go out there and risk asking a question that won’t be answered.

Edit: just heard the question asked to Kirksey: “what does football in the fall mean to you.” I take it back these reporters are actually retarded.
Cancelled by the forum elites.