Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packers offense close to costing what they have in dead cap.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Whoever they put in charge is doing an infinity better job.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Lol.

I'm starting to come around to Murphy's open mouth policy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pat must be experiencing a ratings hit after alienating so many packer fans.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Fair-weather fraud experts are jumping on the bandwagon now that Love has been ballin' out in camp.

Cowherd a few weeks ago was like, ~'Love is gonna be bad! Before Rodgers took over there were guys saying he can play. Nobody says that about Love!! In fact one unnamed player I know said Love didn't look good while said player was there!' .... but now that he's hearing positive buzz about Love out of TC and he has since said the Packers will have a great year, make the playoffs, maybe even win the division.

Pat is a fraud. Cowturd is a fraud.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
03 Aug 2023 11:59
Fair-weather fraud experts are jumping on the bandwagon now that Love has been ballin' out in camp.

Cowherd a few weeks ago was like, ~'Love is gonna be bad! Before Rodgers took over there were guys saying he can play. Nobody says that about Love!! In fact one unnamed player I know said Love didn't look good while said player was there!' .... but now that he's hearing positive buzz about Love out of TC and he has since said the Packers will have a great year, make the playoffs, maybe even win the division.

Yep, and if Love has a bad preseason game, they'll spin back to "I said all along the Packers would be terrible without Rodgers." As if this stuff isn't all recorded and written down.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Packers currently betting favorites in only 4 games - first being week 9 against the rams.

Could make some good money if confident about this year.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
03 Aug 2023 15:04
Packers currently betting favorites in only 4 games - first being week 9 against the rams.

Could make some good money if confident about this year.
Week 1. I am not much of a gambler, but tell me where this action is and I'll throw down.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bears fans everywhere are starting to get spooked that Love is actually going to be good. I was at work and showed a bears fan a video of Love throwing deep balls at camp and he just started shaking his head and a vein popped up in his head. He said nothing. I just slowly started walking off.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Aug 2023 18:16
Bears fans everywhere are starting to get spooked that Love is actually going to be good. I was at work and showed a bears fan a video of Love throwing deep balls at camp and he just started shaking his head and a vein popped up in his head. He said nothing. I just slowly started walking off.
Week 1 will be very interesting. Packers should do just fine assuming LaCoach keeps his head screwed on for 4 quarters.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Apparently Fields has more bets on him to win MVP than anyone else. Going to enjoy watching them crash and burn.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
03 Aug 2023 21:49
Apparently Fields has more bets on him to win MVP than anyone else. Going to enjoy watching them crash and burn.
Is there a place to bet against an MVP "favorite?"
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Labrev wrote:
03 Aug 2023 11:59

Here's Rob Demovsky's take on Love. Let's put it this way, he isn't as optimistic as most beat writers out there.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
Apparently Fields has more bets on him to win MVP than anyone else...
And this is why all those gambling sites prosper.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 14:02
YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Aug 2023 13:16
Yoop wrote:
02 Aug 2023 12:49

thanks Max for helping us non twitter (X-ers) to understand how something as simple as "get on the bike it's August" would become confusing.

when it comes to the Packers and training camp, Bicycles just seems normal to me :)
My honest theory is that someone "in" the Packers Twitter community was hired to run the Packers social media and this was their first tweet and everyone who "knows" who this person is and were "friends" with them through their Packers Twitter community interactions retweeted it to drive engagement and help this person impress their bosses by getting off to a good start.

But that theory is 100% speculative and not important enough for me to investigate it in any way shape or form. Just not anything I care about, aside from caring enough to write these two posts about it here.
Be cool if it was Corey Behnke. But yeah, pretty much wouldn’t care other than that.

**edit** I’d give Nathan Marzian whatever he wanted and let him run with it.
Man, totally forgot about this gem and just stumbled across it again.

Last one makes me sad after how it turned out against the Vikings. :bkw:

Hate revisionist history, but I think that one catch could have pushed us to 10-11 wins somehow.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I will say, as upsetting as the drop is to me, even more upsetting is that we let this one play lead us to largely sideline him until the Dallas game (at which point we had no real choice anyway).

I said it well before that game/drop: he's a guy you just gotta keep throwing to. Drops were a known issue when we drafted him, yet he also had almost 20 yards per reception. A guy like that, you don't let drops stop you from looking his way early and often, IMO.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

APB wrote:
04 Aug 2023 06:16
paco wrote:
Apparently Fields has more bets on him to win MVP than anyone else...
And this is why all those gambling sites prosper.
Yeah, I have to be missing something with this. Is Fields just a really popular long-shot bet? Someone make it make sense to someone who doesn't do much gambling.