Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
04 Aug 2023 09:33
I will say, as upsetting as the drop is to me, even more upsetting is that we let this one play lead us to largely sideline him until the Dallas game (at which point we had no real choice anyway).

I said it well before that game/drop: he's a guy you just gotta keep throwing to. Drops were a known issue when we drafted him, yet he also had almost 20 yards per reception. A guy like that, you don't let drops stop you from looking his way early and often, IMO.
please explain to me WHY we sidelined him again? I seem to recall some injury's, same with Doubs.

The offseason knee surgery that cost him a chunk of training camp. Dropping what should have been a 75-yard touchdown on the first play of the season (and his first game snap as an NFL player) in Minnesota. A hamstring injury that sidelined him for three games. A concussion that cost him another. A hard hit last week in Detroit that was initially misdiagnosed as another concussion

https://journaltimes.com/packers-watson ... 6faeb.html

when the student is ready, the teacher will appear, which is a pretty good description of both Watson and Doubs, both had some concentration issues to start and dropped some passes, and both cleared that up as the season progressed
Last edited by Yoop on 04 Aug 2023 10:15, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
04 Aug 2023 09:53
APB wrote:
04 Aug 2023 06:16
paco wrote:
03 Aug 2023 21:49
Apparently Fields has more bets on him to win MVP than anyone else...
And this is why all those gambling sites prosper.
Yeah, I have to be missing something with this. Is Fields just a really popular long-shot bet? Someone make it make sense to someone who doesn't do much gambling.
I think APB meant a lot of people are betting against Fields being a MVP :lol:

Fields biggest issue is being able to make split decisions and a big reason for it is poor pass protection, least thats what I've read.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Your fun little fact of the day.

9/20/1992 - The day Brett got his first real action, the first day of the Brett Favre era

8/11/2008 - The first game of the Aaron Rodgers era, the game ushering in the new era.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/280811009

8/11/2023 - Will be the first game of the Jordan Love era, his first start as the guy.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401548624

What ties these 3 things together?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thanks I remember going Bonkers when Favre threw the TD, and also screaming when Brooks caught that out of bounds directed kickoff which put the ball down at the 3 or 4 yrd line.

yep weird our first game with a new QB the last 32 years is against the same team, hope we don't bungle it up :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Aug 2023 10:44
thanks I remember going Bonkers when Favre threw the TD, and also screaming when Brooks caught that out of bounds directed kickoff which put the ball down at the 3 or 4 yrd line.

yep weird our first game with a new QB the last 32 years is against the same team, hope we don't bungle it up :aok:
Especially an AFC Team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Aug 2023 11:40
Yoop wrote:
04 Aug 2023 10:44

Especially an AFC Team.
yep that too, time for the AFC to again welcome in our new starting HOF bound QB :aok: well we can hope, can't we? why not. :idn:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Aug 2023 10:18
Uh...they all played for the Packers?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
04 Aug 2023 15:56
BF004 wrote:
04 Aug 2023 10:18
Uh...they all played for the Packers?

The Cincinnati Bengals.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

From Gutekunst interview

The next two weeks, which include a total of three joint practices and two preseason games, are truly the heart of training camp.

The Packers will be in Cincinnati from late Tuesday through Friday night's game, a first-of-its-kind preseason road trip for the franchise, followed by another busy, important week with the Patriots coming to town for an extended stretch. The joint practices and preseason games are crucial evaluating tools for the personnel department as it studies the youth on the roster, particularly with so few full-speed, padded practices in camp compared to yesteryear.

"There's going to be a lot of stressors for these guys they've got to push through and fight through," Gutekunst said. "I think that'll serve our team well in the long run, and it'll give us a lot of answers too I think to what we're looking for.

"Whether it's practice, joint practice, Family Night, preseason games, early-season regular-season game, the learning and growing part has to be on the forefront. As we go through this, we've got to get better each week … because so many of them have so much room to grow."
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

more from Gutekunst

Preseason playing time remains TBD and won't be an easy call.

No decisions have been made yet by Head Coach Matt LaFleur on how much new starting quarterback Jordan Love will play in the preseason. Gutekunst suggested how things go on Family Night and in the joint practice in Cincinnati next week will factor into how much he plays in the preseason opener against the Bengals.

However it shakes out, it's not as simple as saying Love needs to take a certain number of preseason snaps.

"What Jordan needs affects a lot of the other guys, right?" Gutekunst said. "Because if Jordan's in there, there's going to be a bunch of other players in there as well that may not play a ton in the preseason. I think Matt will work through that and make good decisions.

"You guys have heard me say he needs to play, a lot of our guys need to play, that unit needs to play together. That's a tough call protecting the safety of those guys in these games but also giving them the best chance to grow and be ready for the season."

IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

All the starters should play 2 series the first two games. We can’t afford a slow start. The season is pretty light early, we need to be humming, and the team could use the reps together
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Aug 2023 20:25
All the starters should play 2 series the first two games. We can’t afford a slow start. The season is pretty light early, we need to be humming, and the team could use the reps together
I would start most of the offense minus Bak and Jones and rest the defense. IMO the defense should t need reps based on the amount of investment even though I believe most of it is bad.

The offense though, specifically the WRs, TEs, and QB need to be out there.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Betting Schein hasn't watched a moment of a Packers practice. Loud mouth who wishes anyone took him seriously.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is crazy:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Aug 2023 21:18
Drj820 wrote:
04 Aug 2023 20:25
I would start most of the offense minus Bak and Jones and rest the defense. IMO the defense should t need reps based on the amount of investment even though I believe most of it is bad.

The offense though, specifically the WRs, TEs, and QB need to be out there.
Yes I was not precise…I meant offense..and yes..Jones can sit.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur