Packers Bengals. First pre season game of the year

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

TheSkeptic wrote:
17 Aug 2023 06:36
AmishMafia wrote:
14 Aug 2023 15:19
Yeah, until we draft a WR in the first round, you will never be able to criticize a GB QB. Because the excuse you used for AR is valid for Love. Never mind that even the 5th round rookie was able to make more use of rookie WRs in 3/4s of the first preseason game than Rodgers over the last how many years (except Watson).
I suspect that if there were a draft do-over, Jennings, Jordy and Adams would have been taken in the 1st round.

And now Watson, plus probably Reed and Musgrave.

Both Rodgers and now Love have had their share of 1st-round-quality receivers.
I agree.

The validty of the argument was never very strong. Although I have heard some say the it was Roodgers who elevated them to their high level of performance. It certainly helps having a great QB, but much still depends on the player putting in the work.

Conversely there are a lot of WRs drafted in the 1st round that stink. Regardless of who is the QB.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

TheSkeptic wrote:
17 Aug 2023 06:36
I suspect that if there were a draft do-over, Jennings, Jordy and Adams would have been taken in the 1st round.

And now Watson, plus probably Reed and Musgrave.

Both Rodgers and now Love have had their share of 1st-round-quality receivers.
Reed and Musgrave haven't even played a single snap in a game that matters. It's far too early to make such claims in my opinion.