Emanuel Wilson

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
21 Aug 2023 12:53
Yoop wrote:
21 Aug 2023 12:46
how many receivers have worn Sterlings number? :rotf:
Here's the whole list:

image.png
thanks but I was attempting to make a joke about all this, actually I would have thought there'd be more.

It would be impossible to not repeat using most players numbers, and some star players had more to do with team success then others, and fans will always feel there fav's didn't get enough respect, fans been arguing about this stuff for ever. :mrgreen:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Wilson has looked good but he’s not going to make the team over Taylor (if they keep a third RB) simply due to Taylor’s special teams ability.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Aug 2023 12:24

Totally disagree about the PS thing for a RB3.

MAYBE he gets taken? But RBs have zero value. There are more capable RBs than there are NFL roster spots for RBs. I like Wilson a LOT. But I bet there are guys on a dozen other teams who have their fanbases hoping they can "sneak" them onto the PS.

My view on this is evolving. I felt they couldn't risk cutting Goodson last year and keeping only 2 RBs on the 53. I was very wrong. I'm watching, in real time, as RB value deteriorates.
Tyler Goodson has 1 major problem. He is tiny, 5' 9" and 197 pounds. Even Jones is 10 pounds heavier. The only way he makes the 53 is if Jones gets hurt, and that applied last year, this season and next season. You can't apply Goodson's problem to a versatile RB like Wilson.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
21 Aug 2023 13:07
Labrev wrote:
21 Aug 2023 12:44
williewasgreat wrote:
21 Aug 2023 12:42

Please don't stereotype all of us "distinguished" individuals in this manner. A player's number means little to me. While I have always been a big fan of the Lombardi Packers, I don't care about who gets their numbers. I also believe in making all the noise you can at the games, though it needs to be done intelligently. I was always one of the noisiest fans at any sporting event.
Nah. I get grief for being a "kid" so I get to talk smack about the olds. :favre:
well you are just a kid, If I where you I'd learn how to not grow up :rotf:
Hey Yoop, who is the best QB that you've ever watched play?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Captain_Ben wrote:
21 Aug 2023 15:49
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Nah. I get grief for being a "kid" so I get to talk smack about the olds. :favre:
How old is Yoop? Old enough to remember Unitas? Anyone else remember Unitas? Or since this thread is supposed to be about a RB, Jim Brown?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Aug 2023 16:11
Captain_Ben wrote:
Yoop wrote:

How old is Yoop? Old enough to remember Unitas? Anyone else remember Unitas? Or since this thread is supposed to be about a RB, Jim Brown?
I remember Unitas. Brown retired before I was really into it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I'd have to say that 2011 Rodgers was the most enjoyable QB I ever watched.

the position is so dependent on scheme and receivers that it is impossible to just pick one, Starr was a very accurate passer in the 60's, in todays pass first league he may rank with the best.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Cdragon wrote:
21 Aug 2023 17:49
TheSkeptic wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:

Then you and I are very close in age.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I remember Johnny Unitas and his great offense Lenny Moore, Raymond Berry, Jimmy Orr, John Mackey with All-Pro Jim Parker at offensive tackle. The Browns had Jimmy Brown, Ernie Green, and later Leroy Kelly. Frank Ryan was the QB. Paul Warfield was their superstar receiver along with Gary Collins. Both the Browns and Colts were formidable competition for the Lombardi Packers, as were the Cowboys. This was when football was football. Mud, the scent of brats and kraut cooking at County Stadium, heated stadium sauce, flasks of blackberry brandy, cigars, mended jerseys, no loud music ........ you watched the game. Tailgating was peaceful. Virtually no fans wore jerseys or Packers jackets. People sat :thwap:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Even the bad teams had good QBs back then, cept for duh bares. :rotfl:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
21 Aug 2023 17:49
TheSkeptic wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:

they both rocked in the same years, early till late 60's, Johnny U had his best season in 1967 and Brown in 63.

for me it comes down to exposure, back then we saw whatever our TV affiliate broadcast, so it comes down to what part of the country we lived in and who we got to see play, both where household names for most football fans.

the better the team, the more exposure of there best players, both Cleveland and Baltimore where great during that era, same with the Packers and all our star players

about the only games we saw in our house back then where Packer games, how does one not become biased :)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Aug 2023 08:22
TheSkeptic wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:

I remember Johnny Unitas and his great offense Lenny Moore, Raymond Berry, Jimmy Orr, John Mackey with All-Pro Jim Parker at offensive tackle. The Browns had Jimmy Brown, Ernie Green, and later Leroy Kelly. Frank Ryan was the QB. Paul Warfield was their superstar receiver along with Gary Collins. Both the Browns and Colts were formidable competition for the Lombardi Packers, as were the Cowboys. This was when football was football. Mud, the scent of brats and kraut cooking at County Stadium, heated stadium sauce, flasks of blackberry brandy, cigars, mended jerseys, no loud music ........ you watched the game. Tailgating was peaceful. Virtually no fans wore jerseys or Packers jackets. People sat :thwap:
great post, I think I missed out on the heated stadium sauce :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Aug 2023 08:43
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

The concession ladies had the sauce sitting in a stainless steel pan on the brat griddle. The kraut was also hot. If you wanted sauce they would dunk the brat in the sauce before putting it on the bun. Then the kraut. If you wanted to add other condiments you had to do it yourself. 2 of those would get you through the game. This was before I drank alcohol. :o

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Aug 2023 10:55
Yoop wrote:
22 Aug 2023 08:43
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

The concession ladies had the sauce sitting in a stainless steel pan on the brat griddle. The kraut was also hot. If you wanted sauce they would dunk the brat in the sauce before putting it on the bun. Then the kraut. If you wanted to add other condiments you had to do it yourself. 2 of those would get you through the game. This was before I drank alcohol. :o
yum yum, now ya got be digging in the freeze for some brats, it wont be the same as those county Stadium delights, but they will go well when a I rewatch some of that PS game later :aok: