Remaining Practice Chatter

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Remaining Practice Chatter

Post by BF004 »

One name makes you say, huh? Another name makes you say hnnnnnngggggg.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hint on one of the above

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
23 Aug 2023 12:14
Deguara and Gary?

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Heath over Doubs and Reed

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Aug 2023 12:50
BF004 wrote:
Deguara and Gary?
Heath for sure

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Aug 2023 12:50
BF004 wrote:
Deguara and Gary?
I hope they don't rush Gary along, obviously Gary like most jacked up players think there ready, his leg could be dangling and he'd think he's ready, baby steps are required.

Musgrave is eating up every snap available, I love this stuff, his play so far demands he be given more, I think He, Reed, WAtson, Doubs will make this offense surprise a lot of defenses this year.

didn't notice Heath in front of Watson, seems like Andy stole Gramma's cooking sherry again, every year there is a training camp all pro, I think Heath is this years addition.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
23 Aug 2023 13:00
I hope they don't rush Gary along, obviously Gary like most jacked up players think there ready, his leg could be dangling and he'd think he's ready, baby steps are required.
Well he smoked Zach Tom in his first 1-v-1, Tom who up to this point has looked fantastic for us. So yeah, I think Gary is ready for more than baby steps back into the lineup.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 Aug 2023 14:49
Yoop wrote:
Well he smoked Zach Tom in his first 1-v-1, Tom who up to this point has looked fantastic for us. So yeah, I think Gary is ready for more than baby steps back into the lineup. :aok:
quote didn't work right

Mod edit: fixed :thwap:

do you think Gary needs to learn how to rush the QB? I don't, so imo the only reps he needs is to just knock some rust off, and players reinjure themselves a lot without even making physical contact, I hope he doesn't play in a PS game, no need to.

It's not how you start the race, how you finish is what really counts.

fans did the same with Bakhtiari, as though he wouldn't know what to do when we did play him, like he forgot what was doing a year prior or something.

I like it when players are brought back from injuries slowly, I like that there not rushing Stokes back in, I mean who really cares how some rehaber is doing in PS?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
23 Aug 2023 15:09
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Well he smoked Zach Tom in his first 1-v-1, Tom who up to this point has looked fantastic for us. So yeah, I think Gary is ready for more than baby steps back into the lineup. :aok:
quote didn't work right

do you think Gary needs to learn how to rush the QB? I don't, so imo the only reps he needs is to just knock some rust off, and players reinjure themselves a lot without even making physical contact, I hope he doesn't play in a PS game, no need to.

fans did the same with Bakhtiari, as though he wouldn't know what to do when we did play him, like he forgot what was doing a year prior or something.

I like it when players are brought back from injuries slowly, I like that there not rushing Stokes back in, I mean who really cares how some rehaber is doing in PS?
I think you’re the very first person to ever advocate the Packers training staff isn’t conservative enough

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

BF004 wrote:
Still trying to pronounce "hnnnnnngggggg".

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
23 Aug 2023 17:24
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

quote didn't work right

I think you’re the very first person to ever advocate the Packers training staff isn’t conservative enough
I just don't see the need to rush a vet back, or to even play starters more then a quarter or so in PS games, it's a long season, It's like sky diving, the odds of injury increase with every jump, same with football players

I worry more about losing the last game of the season then I do the first game :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I wouldn't be surprised if Gary plays Week 1 but starts September out on a limited snap count and slowly ramps up snap count as the season goes along.

We have a deep enough pool on the front 7 to keep our DL and Edge boys fresh regardless.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If there was any legitimate re-injury risk, they would not be practicing him. If his knee has healed, he practices. Simple as.

A player needs to not only be healthy to be effective, they also need to be in "football shape" i.e. getting used to the rigors of the game again. Giving him extra rest on some misguided belief that it will provide some added layer of security is not only pointless, because no such thing exists, it is going to hold him back.

No coddling these grown ass men.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Aug 2023 09:05
If there was any legitimate re-injury risk, they would not be practicing him. If his knee has healed, he practices. Simple as.

A player needs to not only be healthy to be effective, they also need to be in "football shape" i.e. getting used to the rigors of the game again. Giving him extra rest on some misguided belief that it will provide some added layer of security is not only pointless, because no such thing exists, it is going to hold him back.

No coddling these grown ass men.
there are plenty of instances of players reinjuring the same injury because they came back to it to soon, Gary might be ready or may not be, I would coddle, and use him sparingly for the first few games.
I just don't get the rush, the push to have him ready game one, being ahead of rehab schedule is great, but it doesn't mean that knee is fully healed.

we paid a hefty price to bring Gary along, let him tutor for over 2 seasons, and we brought in excellent reserve talent, rushing him to play is the last thing I'd do.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Aug 2023 09:50

I just don't get the rush, the push to have him ready game one, being ahead of rehab schedule is great, but it doesn't mean that knee is fully healed.
No rush. He is out there in team reps. It is healed. This isn't 1957 where they just rub some dirt on it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Yoop wrote:
24 Aug 2023 08:20
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

quote didn't work right

I just don't see the need to rush a vet back, or to even play starters more then a quarter or so in PS games, it's a long season, It's like sky diving, the odds of injury increase with every jump, same with football players

I worry more about losing the last game of the season then I do the first game :)
But Yoop, it the Bears!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Aug 2023 09:54
Yoop wrote:
24 Aug 2023 09:50

No rush. He is out there in team reps. It is healed. This isn't 1957 where they just rub some dirt on it.
you don't know that, and I contend that our doctors don't either, there is a 15% plus chance that Gary reinjures that acl, go look this stuff up.

I remember a study done about 10 years ago that showed just that, yes we've come a long way rebuilding joints, but it's not fool proof, and if Gary tweaks it he could lose most of the season.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah this is actually the usual timeframe for a return from ACL injury, we just have been spooked by how Bakh's nightmare recovery process, and Jenkins and Tonyan looking rough after they came back from their injury.

I think Rashan will be fine.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
24 Aug 2023 10:13
Yoop wrote:
24 Aug 2023 08:20
APB wrote:

But Yoop, it the Bears!
haha, like I said, whats the rush :aok: