Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yippee. Another SB halftime show I couldn't give 2 &%$@ about. I suppose I should be happy I've heard of everyone on that list. Couldn't recognize a song if half of them sang it, but I recognize the name. Sad when Elton is a clear favorite for me.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
21 Aug 2023 22:41
Dumbest streak in sports is over. Glad the Ravens lost.
Could be what catalyzes the Redskins to dominate Dallas and the Giants. Likely not the Eagles though.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
22 Aug 2023 17:39
Yippee. Another SB halftime show I couldn't give 2 &%$@ about. I suppose I should be happy I've heard of everyone on that list. Couldn't recognize a song if half of them sang it, but I recognize the name. Sad when Elton is a clear favorite for me.
Know of about 60% and don't care about any.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Half time shows are for the masses. Stop being a get off my lawn guy. Its not the NFLs fault you listen to obsure music.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drake to me would be the clear favorite for a halftime show. Hes the most selling artist of all time. Has a ton of hits across a wide variety of genres. Hes got a ton of features for guest appearances.

Miley Cyrus to me is irrelevant and her fame was pretty short lived. Harry Styles has a lot of current hits and hes gotten pretty funky.

I personally think Post Malone would be a genius half time show.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Aug 2023 19:47
Half time shows are for the masses. Stop being a get off my lawn guy. Its not the NFLs fault you listen to obsure music.
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Aug 2023 19:50

Miley Cyrus to me is irrelevant and her fame was pretty short lived.
This was from last month. Just FYI
image.png
image.png (59.33 KiB) Viewed 442 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Aug 2023 19:47
Yes, I listen to obscure music. None of which I'm asking to have as a halftime show. Ok, yes, I'd like it. But I'm not dumb and know not to expect it. I also listen to plenty of non-obscure music music that is plenty popular, and it never gets a sniff. More in the world than mindless pop, hip hop, and rap, without having to take the occasional stab at aging classics like Elton John or The Who.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Aug 2023 19:50
I personally think Post Malone would be a genius half time show.
Didn't he do one recently? Some trippy thing. I don't recall being impressed. Maybe Covid year so it was recorded?
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Tell me again how much Lynch gave up to draft Lance…? Wasn’t it 3 first round picks?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pretty surprising tbh…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
23 Aug 2023 14:09
Tell me again how much Lynch gave up to draft Lance…? Wasn’t it 3 first round picks?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Between Lance and Wentz I think theyve killed any future hype for the small school QBs. I liked Wentz quite a bit. Lance I didnt get. I would have taken a flyer on him if I needed a QB in the later first but no way in hell was he worth a top 5 pick.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

They have their QB, so it's whatever. If I'm SF, I just switch the Purdy and Lance draft picks around in my head.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
23 Aug 2023 14:50
They have their QB, so it's whatever. If I'm SF, I just switch the Purdy and Lance draft picks around in my head.
Not sure Purdy is worth three 1st round picks, either, but ok

I can do those mental swaps when it's like, Brian Brohm in the mid/late 2nd and Matt Flynn in the 7th. We needed a backup QB and we got one.

Trading up like that and then getting a game manager in the 7th round the next year... still tough to swallow.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Aug 2023 15:03
Labrev wrote:
Not sure Purdy is worth three 1st round picks, either, but ok

I can do those mental swaps when it's like, Brian Brohm in the mid/late 2nd and Matt Flynn in the 7th. We needed a backup QB and we got one.

Trading up like that and then getting a game manager in the 7th round the next year... still tough to swallow.
they took a swing for a starter, fine, to me the swing with a bunch of picks forced them to start him to appease the fans though, wrong move obviously, Lance like most rookie QB's was bound to struggle, wasn't ready for a NFL pass rush, developed bad habits, and has yet to recover.

one only has to imagine if we had done the same with Love, imo the majority of QB bust are a result of doing just what SF did with Lance.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
23 Aug 2023 15:19
they took a swing for a starter, fine, to me the swing with a bunch of picks forced them to start him to appease the fans though, wrong move obviously, Lance like most rookie QB's was bound to struggle, wasn't ready for a NFL pass rush, developed bad habits, and has yet to recover.

one only has to imagine if we had done the same with Love, imo the majority of QB bust are a result of doing just what SF did with Lance.
I wish that more people learned this lesson, Mike...

that the problem isn't Lance; the problem is continuously thinking that smaller school guys or raw talents can "only learn by playing' and rushing them onto the field before they are ready.

I hope among hopes that love works out and people can finally start saying "wait, Favre-to-Rodgers-to-Love worked. Benching Mahomes for a year worked. Rushing talented but unpolished guys like Fields and Lance looked like a disaster. Maybe sitting rookies who need more work should be THE NORM, not the excepetion. Anthony Richardson about to go stunt his development all season long. And we're out here just being smart and patient.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Aug 2023 15:36
Yoop wrote:
23 Aug 2023 15:19

I wish that more people learned this lesson, Mike...

that the problem isn't Lance; the problem is continuously thinking that smaller school guys or raw talents can "only learn by playing' and rushing them onto the field before they are ready.

I hope among hopes that love works out and people can finally start saying "wait, Favre-to-Rodgers-to-Love worked. Benching Mahomes for a year worked. Rushing talented but unpolished guys like Fields and Lance looked like a disaster. Maybe sitting rookies who need more work should be THE NORM, not the excepetion. Anthony Richardson about to go stunt his development all season long. And we're out here just being smart and patient.
As long as nobody in power at our rivals learns any lesson.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Cards traded LB Simmons to the Giants. Their net return? A single 7th round pick!

Cards must’ve really, really alienated Simmons and wanted him out bad. I don’t know if that speaks badly for the Cards for having the problem with Simmons or the Giants for taking on an emotional project.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
This is the same logic that had Packers fans thinking TT was a good GM.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Aug 2023 11:23
Labrev wrote:
No, the logic was: his roster won us a chip.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Aug 2023 11:23
Labrev wrote:
I thought all fans did that, are you claiming Packer fans are different? :rotf:

as long as the hits over come the misses a GM's job is secure, over all Ted did well, I just like to complain about his lapse of thinking with the WR position.