Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Aug 2023 09:48

Concur. Why the vote was so close it makes no sense. I guess not everyone in the state understand the importance of the Packers in Wisconsin. :bkw:
It was a Brown County only vote because the tax only applied to that county.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Aug 2023 10:07
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Aug 2023 09:48

Concur. Why the vote was so close it makes no sense. I guess not everyone in the state understand the importance of the Packers in Wisconsin. :bkw:
It was a Brown County only vote because the tax only applied to that county.
Regardless if it's the county or the state.............it still makes no sense. Some people just lack intellect, have no concept of economic viability and/or growth :bkw:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The 2003 renovation was absolutely worth it. Such little investment for so much return.

The new build stadiums in other cities however funded by the government have not been good ROIs. Green Bay absolutely found the magic sauce on their end.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

n August 1955, the Packers announced plans for a new stadium in Green Bay, with a seating capacity of 32,000. In April 1956, Green Bay voters responded by approving (70.3%) a bond issue to finance the new stadium. The original cost in 1957 was $960,000 (paid off in 1978), and its seating capacity was 32,500.

that figure seems so low

hard to fathom that the cost to build Lambeau mid 50's is less then it will cost us to keep our cheapest player now, Tonto is right, nature is truly out of balance :thwap:
Last edited by Yoop on 25 Aug 2023 11:27, edited 2 times in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
25 Aug 2023 10:46
The 2003 renovation was absolutely worth it. Such little investment for so much return.

The new build stadiums in other cities however funded by the government have not been good ROIs. Green Bay absolutely found the magic sauce on their end.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:

The magic sauce is not having a robber baron owner. They extort the city with, "we're going to move if you don't build me a megaplex stadium and give me all the revenue!" The politicians cave and sell the cow but the beans aren't magic.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Cdragon wrote:
25 Aug 2023 12:32
go pak go wrote:

The magic sauce is not having a robber baron owner. They extort the city with, "we're going to move if you don't build me a megaplex stadium and give me all the revenue!" The politicians cave and sell the cow but the beans aren't magic.
The magic sauce is S O C I A L I S M. :mrgreen: :banana:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I was not aware of this.

:idn:

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
25 Aug 2023 14:20
I was not aware of this.

:idn:

Yeah he's posted a couple of videos showing much better strength and distance. That's why I'm not too worried about our kicker situation. If Carlson blows, then we'll pick Crosby up and he'll definitely be better than last year.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly sad to see Mason begging for a job on Twitter after a long career. But the fact that no one is biting should tell us what we need to know about the thoughts on him around the league

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

The injury explains a lot about crosby ladt season.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I just received one of the regular email promos for Packer tickets for this season. It was specific about the “Standing Room Only” tickets.

I had no idea that they were going to do that. I know it doesn’t bother some people, obviously. But that’s the type of thing that I don’t like. But hey, if they want to shoe horn more folks into the stadium, I suppose that’s what they’ll do. <sigh>
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Aug 2023 16:33
Does it explain the year before?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

wallyuwl wrote:
So does old age. :favre:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cdragon wrote:
25 Aug 2023 20:14
wallyuwl wrote:
The injury provides an excuse for last season. That leaves, what, another dozen or so seasons that need explaining...?

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
26 Aug 2023 03:03
Cdragon wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
The injury provides an excuse for last season. That leaves, what, another dozen or so seasons that need explaining...?
Getting old, so maybe the memory is selective, but I remember Crosby's career with the Pack as statistically so-so but good in the clutch. Any quick-and-dirty way to see how many games he could have won/kept us is vs those where a missed kick cost the game?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Half Empty wrote:
26 Aug 2023 08:38
APB wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

Getting old, so maybe the memory is selective, but I remember Crosby's career with the Pack as statistically so-so but good in the clutch. Any quick-and-dirty way to see how many games he could have won/kept us is vs those where a missed kick cost the game?
I was at one in the old Metrodome in 2008. Really ugly game, but we should have won in the end. Crosby missed a 53 yarder at the end.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
26 Aug 2023 08:40
Half Empty wrote:
APB wrote:

I was at one in the old Metrodome in 2008. Really ugly game, but we should have won in the end. Crosby missed a 53 yarder at the end.
thats the thing, you where at ONE, and of course there are some others, but where talking 15 seasons, and he made most of the clutch kicks.

I can't get over how people in this forum just gut players because they weren't perfect, even though they where a major contributor for our success over a long career.

GM's don't just dump a player thats been successful, specially a kicker, we could go a decade without even getting close to the success rate of Crosby. :thwap:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
26 Aug 2023 09:01
NCF wrote:
26 Aug 2023 08:40
Half Empty wrote:

thats the thing, you where at ONE, and of course there are some others, but where talking 15 seasons, and he made most of the clutch kicks.

I can't get over how people in this forum just gut players because they weren't perfect, even though they where a major contributor for our success over a long career.

GM's don't just dump a player thats been successful, specially a kicker, we could go a decade without even getting close to the success rate of Crosby. :thwap:
His make percentage for an outside, cold weather team was fairly strong. He was good for us for a long time, and appreciate all the pretty good years. As far as going forward, he just doesn't have the leg anymore.