Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Aug 2020 16:56
The reason why the NFL isn’t a world wide sport like all the others is it’s ads. I’ve been all over the world and whenever you try to bring up the NFL to someone out of country they will tell you they can’t watch because it’s one long commercial interrupted by small breaks of football. Which is honestly true. That is always the 1st gripe from anyone who says they can’t get into it.
:aok:
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 13 Aug 2020 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Datone Jones getting a look from the Raiders this fall after being out of football last year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Aug 2020 15:14
Datone Jones getting a look from the Raiders this fall after being out of football last year.
I'd say camp body, but that isn't even really a thing, this year. Good for him, I guess. He never completely sucked, just never fit what we drafted him for...

...and before all of Ted haters hop on this, yes, that makes it a poor 1st-round draft pick.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
13 Aug 2020 15:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
I'd say camp body, but that isn't even really a thing, this year. Good for him, I guess. He never completely sucked, just never fit what we drafted him for...

...and before all of Ted haters hop on this, yes, that makes it a poor 1st-round draft pick.
God damn right it does.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:lol: And on cue! :lol:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bengals gave up on Rodney Anderson's injuries already after he redshirted his rookie year and landed on the PUP to start this year.

I'm kinda surprised by that!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Aug 2020 19:35
Bengals gave up on Rodney Anderson's injuries already after he redshirted his rookie year and landed on the PUP to start this year.

I'm kinda surprised by that!
I was one of the people advocating for us to take him but I think I mocked him in the 7th for pretty much every mock I made that year. He went in the 6th. Not a bad investment though. Just unfortunately for him his body couldnt hold up. A ton of talent there. I doubt anyone picks him up.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

No whistles in the NFL officials will be using an electronic "whistle".

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
18 Aug 2020 10:37
That actually makes sense.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
18 Aug 2020 11:53
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
18 Aug 2020 10:37
That actually makes sense.
Like, forever.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am intrigued. Do they hold an electronic whistle?

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Aug 2020 12:34
I am intrigued. Do they hold an electronic whistle?
Apparently.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

The Chiefs announced fans would no longer be permitted to wear Native American headdresses or face paint inside Arrowhead Stadium.

The decision comes after extensive talks between the team and Native American communities. The organization said "fans will be asked to remove any American Indian-themed face paint prior to passing security screening outside the stadium." The team is also "engaged in a thorough review process of the Arrowhead Chop." It's the latest in the NFL's reckoning with racial and social justice.
I mean, this is getting crazy, isn't it? I guess I always looked at the Chiefs as honoring Native American's, never saw it as a racist thing, more of it is their noble mascot. Guess I am wrong again.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Packfntk wrote:
20 Aug 2020 16:28
The Chiefs announced fans would no longer be permitted to wear Native American headdresses or face paint inside Arrowhead Stadium.

The decision comes after extensive talks between the team and Native American communities. The organization said "fans will be asked to remove any American Indian-themed face paint prior to passing security screening outside the stadium." The team is also "engaged in a thorough review process of the Arrowhead Chop." It's the latest in the NFL's reckoning with racial and social justice.
I mean, this is getting crazy, isn't it? I guess I always looked at the Chiefs as honoring Native American's, never saw it as a racist thing, more of it is their noble mascot. Guess I am wrong again.
I feel like the headdresses would be fairly easy to regulate, but how difficult is it going to be on telling someone to leave because of face paint? I feel like that's going to be a very grey line on what is appropriate and what isn't.

I've always thought it seemed like showing pride for indigenous people. But, I'm not them of course.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sounds like Minnesota won’t have fans week 1.

Good news I guess.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
20 Aug 2020 17:30
Sounds like Minnesota won’t have fans week 1.

Good news I guess.
They’ll pump their crowd noise in like normal.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Packfntk wrote:

I heard that the dairy cows are forming a union and going on strike until Cheeseheads are banned also! :shock: :roll:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Aug 2020 15:52
NCF wrote:
13 Aug 2020 15:18
Pckfn23 wrote:

God damn right it does.
Ted thought he saw Peppers when he took Datone, turns out there was no resemblance :lol:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Packfntk wrote:

Nope. You are not wrong. Too many "chiefs" would stand up with you and say that they are fine with it. And as far as I know, nobody with the Chiefs org has ever denigrated the name or history.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!