Roster Cuts

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Aug 2023 13:03
Rader is more of the versatile H-back/FB type and with Deguara and Pearson in house, I doubt we'd choose a brand new face, for that, but Rader was also released.
Pearson didn't make the roster. It's possible the Packers will bring him back on the practice squad though.
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Aug 2023 23:38
Biggest shock to me is having 4 CBs. Not only is it surprising by roster malpractice. That’s a position that can go down at anytime and with needing to start 3 that’s beyond stupid. But this is the Bumst we are talking about.
I'm very surprised the Packers only kept four cornerbacks as well. I fully expect Gutekunst to add another one to the roster before week 1 or elevate at least one to the active game day roster from the practice squad as long as Stokes won't be able to play.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Aug 2023 23:38
Biggest shock to me is having 4 CBs. Not only is it surprising by roster malpractice. That’s a position that can go down at anytime and with needing to start 3 that’s beyond stupid. But this is the Bumst we are talking about.

I expected 2 QBs, 3RBs. I thought they might carry 4 TEs. I expected the 6 WRs who made it. I’m surprised by the amount of OL. Even at 10 I think it’s 1 too many. Not sure how Newman makes this team. The DL and the edge I expected. Out front is so deep and talented. I’m shocked at 5 LBs. Keeping Carpenter is dumb IMO. Not sure what he’s good at. He’s sucked at S, sucked at LB, and really isn’t that great at STs. Omega shocked at 6 &%$@ safeties. Bisaccia has way too much pull to get Levitt on this team. I would high key cut Levitt over placing Tenuta on IR just off principle off not keeping a turd burgularing bum sauce player on the roster.
I expect the Packers are looking for a guard in other teams' cuts and that spells the end for Newman. Or maybe a trade of Nijman for a guard.

It is a calculated risk for CB - for 4 weeks and the return of Stokes. It is unlikely that the Packers lose 2 CB's in the same game before then. If it is in different games, they just call someone up from the PS. No big deal.

Carpenter has moved from over-sized safety to ILB. He has the athleticism to be a very good ST player. This is another calculated risk and I agree with keeping him for ST and another year to learn ILB. You have to be patient with a player when you ask him to switch positions.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cody Ford and his wife (gf?) share the final moments of waiting out the roster cut deadline. Ford’s demeanor and his responses to her are hilarious to me…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d be so annoyed about my wife or whoever trying to make a tik tok off that, you could tell he was super annoyed too, lol.

I kept trying to figure south where they were driving in the background, couldn’t figure it out.

But yeah, basically just found out he’s getting like and additional 600k minimum this year now, I’d be pretty pumped.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2023 07:36
I’d be so annoyed about my wife or whoever trying to make a tik tok off that, you could tell he was super annoyed too, lol.

I kept trying to figure south where they were driving in the background, couldn’t figure it out.

But yeah, basically just found out he’s getting like and additional 600k minimum this year now, I’d be pretty pumped.
Yeah o was watching and thinking this is why I hate white girls.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

I think the Packers would like Tariq Carpenter back on PS...perhaps that's why they didn't just release him outright on Tuesday
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The other roster cut is Ford. He’s gonna be so mad about that video now

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2023 15:53
I'd dump the chick after that.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Captain_Ben wrote:
30 Aug 2023 16:30
YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2023 15:53
I'd dump the chick after that.
The guy in the video is on the Bengals not the Packers

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Haha, whoops. Big men named Ford on the roster bubble all blend together

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

TheSkeptic wrote:
30 Aug 2023 04:02
It is a calculated risk for CB - for 4 weeks and the return of Stokes. It is unlikely that the Packers lose 2 CB's in the same game before then. If it is in different games, they just call someone up from the PS. No big deal.
Taking a look at the numbers from last season I was surprised to find out that the Packers only used four cornerbacks for most of last season anyway even with Stokes missing eight games. They only used 2.52 CBs per defensive snap, maybe they will be able to get by with only four on the roster after all.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2023 17:17
Haha, whoops. Big men named Ford on the roster bubble all blend together
:oops:

I made the same presumptive mistake when I posted it to this thread... :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ok, definitely didn’t seem right when she kept saying Cody, lol. Just thought she was saying some kind of nickname or something.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
31 Aug 2023 04:23
TheSkeptic wrote:
30 Aug 2023 04:02
Taking a look at the numbers from last season I was surprised to find out that the Packers only used four cornerbacks for most of last season anyway even with Stokes missing eight games. They only used 2.52 CBs per defensive snap, maybe they will be able to get by with only four on the roster after all.
we all remember to well how quickly a team can become CB depleted, can't remember the year, maybe 2017, we lost all 3 starting CB's in a matter of a couple games, however along with the 4 CB's we now have, we also have a couple safety's that could do spot duty in the slot, and several on the PS that we can activate in emergency.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:

I lived in Cincinnati for 2 years. Cincy definitely has a definitive style with housing, streets, electrical poles, etc. (they have electric poles everywhere) They are absolutley in Cincinnati.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
31 Aug 2023 09:25
BF004 wrote:

I lived in Cincinnati for 2 years. Cincy definitely has a definitive style with housing, streets, electrical poles, etc. (they have electric poles everywhere) They are absolutley in Cincinnati.
This was also when I was thinking this was Jonathan Ford in GB.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm anxiously awaiting finding out that Carpenter and Ford cleared waivers, finding out which/if any are added to the PS, and finding out if both are added, who is leaving the PS.

Is this not until after 3pm Central time? Yesterday waivers had to be processed by noon ET and news of what happened was coming out at 1 ET. But maybe now we've back to regularly scheduled close of business transactions?

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Aug 2023 13:55
I'm anxiously awaiting finding out that Carpenter and Ford cleared waivers
Some League updates for today - no listing of either being signed, but not sure this is full list
SJC got signed to PS in SF

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-news-round ... day-aug-31
IT. IS. TIME