General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here's a silly comparison....
image.png
image.png (6.34 KiB) Viewed 844 times

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Aug 2020 21:02
Here's a silly comparison....

image.png
I don't have my answer key.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oh right.
Spoiler
Player A: Allen Lazard
Player B: Mike Evans

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So weird how that works sometimes.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oren Burks apparently couldn't bench more than 135 last season due to his recovery from the torn pec. ESPN has one of those typical "he's in the best shape he's ever been" profiles, but it sounds like his weight is up to the mid-240s without losing any time or inches off of his combine measureables.
“He went from 135 pounds to 325 pounds on the bench press. All the guys can bench press 300 pounds but not all the guys add 200 pounds to their bench press in an offseason. He jumped 39 inches; it was probably 40 but we ran out of room to measure his and Kittle’s verticals. They both broad-jumped 11 feet and on top of that he weighed in heavier than he has in the past.”
And yeah, he was working out with Kittle and Tonyan

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Aug 2020 13:36
Oren Burks apparently couldn't bench more than 135 last season due to his recovery from the torn pec. ESPN has one of those typical "he's in the best shape he's ever been" profiles, but it sounds like his weight is up to the mid-240s without losing any time or inches off of his combine measureables.
“He went from 135 pounds to 325 pounds on the bench press. All the guys can bench press 300 pounds but not all the guys add 200 pounds to their bench press in an offseason. He jumped 39 inches; it was probably 40 but we ran out of room to measure his and Kittle’s verticals. They both broad-jumped 11 feet and on top of that he weighed in heavier than he has in the past.”
Man, should we apologize for not being excited for Burks at all? I'm to the point where I need to see something from him on the football field. Currently, I actively forget that he's on the roster still.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
18 Aug 2020 13:42
YoHoChecko wrote:
Man, should we apologize for not being excited for Burks at all? I'm to the point where I need to see something from him on the football field. Currently, I actively forget that he's on the roster still.
No need to apologize. He should apologize to us by showing he can make plays. We will quickly love him if he plays competent at ILB2. I will be happy to say sowwy at that point.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
So yeah, he looked lost, at times, last year... but how do you really look in sync, when your primary concern is your impacted physicality?

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
He’s always looked like a workout warrior with A+ measurables to me. It’s the areas of instinct like play recognition ability, and nose for the football that I am looking to see improvements in.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Random observation. Has anyone dropped out of practice or had to leave a game more than Za'Darius Smith? Seems like he is always giving us something to hold our breath for.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Aug 2020 13:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
He’s always looked like a workout warrior with A+ measurables to me. It’s the areas of instinct like play recognition ability, and nose for the football that I am looking to see improvements in.
Hard to show those things when you are physically limited, though.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
18 Aug 2020 15:01
Random observation. Has anyone dropped out of practice or had to leave a game more than Za'Darius Smith? Seems like he is always giving us something to hold our breath for.
For sure nobody has a left a game, looking like a horrible injury, and then coming back 3 plays or less later.

I don't know if he ever left practice last August.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
He always fights through it though. Mamba mentality. There’s no quit in his game. Respect the toughness.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Aug 2020 21:01
NCF wrote:
He always fights through it though. Mamba mentality. There’s no quit in his game. Respect the toughness.
I'm being completely honest with myself, the optics appeared there were times he took the liberty of making a "nick" appear worse than it was. Because again the optics.

He usually got hurt when the defense was gassed and the opposing offense had good momentum and we needed a breather. Oh and it was always never within 2 minutes where we would actually need to use a timeout.

A lot of friends of other teams noticed and I can't say they were wrong.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Makes me nervous Everytime, but if he’s just giving the d a breather...it is a nice strategy that belichiks teams and other smart teams use. It does give me a mini heart attack, but maybe it’s just his deal.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Aug 2020 08:07
It does give me a mini heart attack
Exactly. This is my primary concern.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Last edited by Yoop on 19 Aug 2020 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
19 Aug 2020 08:53
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I always hoped Burks would take and keep the ILB 2 spot the last couple years, now this gives some incite to why that didn't happen, hopefully he stays healthy and does so this year, physical ability makes him one of the best prospects we've had in many years, he and KIrksey together could make ILB a very good unit for years.
Nitschke made it to the Hall of Fame playing on one leg. And Butkus made it to the Hall of Fame playing with no knees. So what's the problem here?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Aug 2020 09:39
Nitschke made it to the Hall of Fame playing on one leg. And Butkus made it to the Hall of Fame playing with no knees. So what's the problem here?
50+ years have passed...

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Aug 2020 09:39
Yoop wrote:
19 Aug 2020 08:53
NCF wrote:

I always hoped Burks would take and keep the ILB 2 spot the last couple years, now this gives some incite to why that didn't happen, hopefully he stays healthy and does so this year, physical ability makes him one of the best prospects we've had in many years, he and KIrksey together could make ILB a very good unit for years.
the establishment, and the ability to lift 325 lbs, I think thats it.