Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 13:06
I have always despised Sean Payton, but this is the closest I've ever come to liking him

I liked Wilson when he first entered the league and since about everything he's done has made me dislike him more and more. Most of it that has nothing to do with beating GB either, though that didn't help LOL

About the time he got some other man's wife pregnant and they started in on this God crusade I couldn't stand the fluffing they were trying to give me so he went into the discard bin.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

musclestang wrote:
06 Sep 2023 13:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 13:06
I have always despised Sean Payton, but this is the closest I've ever come to liking him

I liked Wilson when he first entered the league and since about everything he's done has made me dislike him more and more. Most of it that has nothing to do with beating GB either, though that didn't help LOL

About the time he got some other man's wife pregnant and they started in on this God crusade I couldn't stand the fluffing they were trying to give me so he went into the discard bin.
And there was the ridiculous "recovery water" thing where he claimed it prevented a concussion (when Clay Matthews hit him in the NFCCG) even though it sure looked like he was concussed and should have been taken for evaluation
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saw Joe Burrow gunna sign a new contract before Sunday.

Should be the biggest contract in NFL history.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:shock:

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bosa gets a 5-year $170 M contract extension added to his 5th-year bonus of $17.8M making it a 6-year, $187.8 M deal

Over $30M a year on defense, whether you look at new money or total contract. We're in a whole new cap world, man. That's massive. The 49ers roster are going to be dismantled by cap in the next two years because of some of their already-existing contracts, and that's without even a small QB contract on the books. Wild times.

At least we have a ceiling for Gary's deal--he can't make more than the DPOY. But it's such a high ceiling that I'm not sure it matters anyway

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Really wish we got Gary signed before that came out.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

BF004 wrote:
06 Sep 2023 15:02
Chiefs still gotta do something with Chris Jones so that will factor in.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
I mean maybe?

Gary is not going to make more than Bosa. This isn't a thing where the last guy signed gets the most. Bosa is much more well-established and productive and won Defensive Player of the Year.

I need Gary's deal to come before Brian Burns or something. But Bosa's deal shows where the market above Gary is, not where Gary's market is.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 15:14
BF004 wrote:
I mean maybe?

Gary is not going to make more than Bosa. This isn't a thing where the last guy signed gets the most. Bosa is much more well-established and productive and won Defensive Player of the Year.

I need Gary's deal to come before Brian Burns or something. But Bosa's deal shows where the market above Gary is, not where Gary's market is.
Guess i was hoping for like 22-24 for Gary. Thinking that just got pushed to like 26 or so now.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Only a matter of time until the NFL adopts the NBA cap structure of having super max deals. They got it right when they decided to cap the rookie pay scales but what was intended was for the wealth to be spread across the board. Instead it just goes to the elite and looks exactly the way the owners intended.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
06 Sep 2023 15:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 15:14
BF004 wrote:
I mean maybe?

Guess i was hoping for like 22-24 for Gary. Thinking that just got pushed to like 26 or so now.
Gary is exactly why I say if your using a high pick on a player then the goal should always be to get that player on the field just as quickly as possible because if ya hit on that player his second contract will be huge, we got basically one great year so far in 4 years with Gary, and now as you just said he may demand more then any player we've ever had minus Rodgers.

was hoping LVN wouldn't become Gary's replacement, who knows, that could end up happening.

would we tag him?

I hate these contracts that the star players are getting

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yes, we know, we’ve heard this. A LOT.

But just just again having your conclusion made then trying to pick and choose and ignore other facts.

A) Silly to ignore an injured season in this analysis of it being a bad pick.

B) Definitely got more than just 1 year regardless of that.

C) This is still an extension on his rookie contract, just hoping to extend him early because we did hit.

He was already the best player on the field his 3rd year, having two more years of control.

I get being confused/upset at the time of the pick given other needs. But it’s the sign of maturity, wisdom, common sense, intelligence, to look back in hindsight and say, ‘ok, that worked out alright’. Like we did with Aaron Rodgers for those who didn’t like that pick. And hopefully like we’ll do with Love, for people like me who was confused and upset about that pick.

Now quit chasing pet topics into the wrong threads.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If Gary really wants bosa money, we should trade Gary. He’s not that good. He’s not worth that money.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 09:01
If Gary really wants bosa money, we should trade Gary. He’s not that good. He’s not worth that money.
You’re insane.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
Where have you seen Gary is wanting Bosa money? I’ve never seen that.

And I guess yeah. Maybe I’d take two firsts for Gary over giving him $34M a year, but he isn’t getting $34 a year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Sep 2023 09:33
Drj820 wrote:
You’re insane.
I guess it depends if you read that as ‘he’s not that good’ generically, yeah, insane. Or ‘he’s not that good’ relative to Bosa, then yeah, he’s right, so far. Is he emphasizing he’s or good?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gary would probably go for a 1. maybe. Who knows what kind of player he will be post ACL. But Gary would never go for 2 1s..if he would go for that haul, then he would be worth Bosa money.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 09:45
Drj820 wrote:

And I guess yeah. Maybe I’d take two firsts for Gary over giving him $34M a year, but he isn’t getting $34 a year.
people in this forum defended the Gary pick from day 1, we just spent a fortune on the Smiths and guty uses a 12 slot on a bench rider, ya do that &%$@ with a QB maybe a lineman as they tend to need some body building to begin with, but not with edge rushers, that was a insane pick then and it will be insane to sign him to a long term big money contract now.

We just used another high pick on a edge rusher, the difference is we have a opening for a starter now or next year for Preston, and LVN will contribute and be that guy, along with Brooks, Wooden, and last years Wyatt and the emergence of Enagbare why would we keep Gary? specially so because he will want to be paid according to 3rd season production which he may never again play to.

make sure the knee is sound and trade him

ya don't need to have the top 5 positional players to win in this league, ya just have to make sure your players aren't bottom feeders at there position

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Sep 2023 09:58
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

people in this forum defended the Gary pick from day 1, we just spent a fortune on the Smiths and guty uses a 12 slot on a bench rider, ya do that &%$@ with a QB maybe a lineman as they tend to need some body building to begin with, but not with edge rushers, that was a insane pick then and it will be insane to sign him to a long term big money contract now.
Big difference, people simply saying ‘you’ve said that exact same thing 1000 times now and in multiple threads’ isn’t really defending whatever the opposite of your opinion is. You always seem to take that as ‘then you must think the exact opposite as me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 10:01
Yoop wrote:
07 Sep 2023 09:58
BF004 wrote:

Big difference, people simply saying ‘you’ve said that exact same thing 1000 times now and in multiple threads’ isn’t really defending whatever the opposite of your opinion is. You always seem to take that as ‘then you must think the exact opposite as me.
no one agreed, in fact just the opposite, agreeing gets a person to move on, instead I got the defense of the GM treatment over and over.

I'am not into grooming 1st round draft picks, specially at the top half of the round except for QB's, I consider myself a normal football fan, :idn: