Bold Predictions Thread - 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers Wins

4%
4%
12%
8%
27%
19%
23%
No votes
4%

Total votes: 26

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

I said 10. Normally, past season standings/strength of schedule, I don't put a lot of weight on. This schedule seems very light. The Pack start 4-1 heading into the bye! I can see a scenario where 10 is the floor and 13-14 W's is feasible. Love becomes all pro caliber but as often the case, is snubbed in pro bowl voting. The snub leaves a chip the size of a #12 manbun on JL's shoulder! Love has 8 Berkstrom Billboards between Oshkosh & Neenah! Quadzilla has 15 rushing TD's and Jimmie Taylor's finally recognized for his '61 performance in 14 games as one of great feats in Packer history. The D finally delivers the ROI Guty has expected and the Packers cruise to another North Division title. ERIn's panties get all bundled in Jersey, and such he only manages to play 35% for the Jets but it still turns into another top 40 selection. He demands a release so he can return to the Midwest because he now needs to prove something to the team who did him wrong!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

JJ Enegbare has a double digit sack season.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

- Packers win NFCN with 11 wins
- Love gets revenge against KC
- Love finishes Top-5 in MVP voting
- Aaron Jones challenges for the rushing title
- Bakhtiari returns to All-Pro form

- Week 17 starting Safety still isn't on the roster or PS
- Nixon a one-year wonder at KR
- Orzech, Whalen, or Carlson responsible for at least one loss
- ST fails to break into Top-20 in NFL rankings
- "No name Defense" finishes Top-10 but sends only Jaire to the Pro Bowl

Read More. Post Less.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
07 Sep 2023 08:36

- Nixon a one-year wonder at KR
That has worried me since last year as well. I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Bold prediction: Eagles finish 3rd in the division

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

flapackfan wrote:
06 Sep 2023 16:03
I said 10. Normally, past season standings/strength of schedule, I don't put a lot of weight on. This schedule seems very light. The Pack start 4-1 heading into the bye! I can see a scenario where 10 is the floor and 13-14 W's is feasible. Love becomes all pro caliber but as often the case, is snubbed in pro bowl voting. The snub leaves a chip the size of a #12 manbun on JL's shoulder! Love has 8 Berkstrom Billboards between Oshkosh & Neenah! Quadzilla has 15 rushing TD's and Jimmie Taylor's finally recognized for his '61 performance in 14 games as one of great feats in Packer history. The D finally delivers the ROI Guty has expected and the Packers cruise to another North Division title. ERIn's panties get all bundled in Jersey, and such he only manages to play 35% for the Jets but it still turns into another top 40 selection. He demands a release so he can return to the Midwest because he now needs to prove something to the team who did him wrong!
actually 62 was Jimmys bell cow season, he had over 1500 total yards that year :aok:

well I suppose since Erin owns the Baers they shouldn't mind if he plays for them :rotf:

A 4-1 start For Love would have him pumped to the gills with confidence.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

The Packers will struggle, 6 wins. For me the Lions will win the division and actually have some shot to go to the SB. Rodgers will have some chip on his shoulder, I expect the Jets either to be a legit SB-contender or to go down in chaos.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
07 Sep 2023 14:44
The Packers will struggle, 6 wins. For me the Lions will win the division and actually have some shot to go to the SB. Rodgers will have some chip on his shoulder, I expect the Jets either to be a legit SB-contender or to go down in chaos.
I think you might be right. I think we'll struggle early in the season but if we see improvement in Love and the team week after week that will be a successful season IMO. If Detroit plays well tonight and shows they are for real they should win the division. Rodgers is going to have problems in NJ. From all accounts their OL is a mess and that doesn't bode well for a 40 year old QB.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I agree. This season will be an all-around success if Love turns out to be our next franchise QB to build around. We expect too much from him if we dream about playoffs, even Rodgers couldnt do it in 08.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

German_Panzer wrote:
08 Sep 2023 02:16
I agree. This season will be an all-around success if Love turns out to be our next franchise QB to build around. We expect too much from him if we dream about playoffs, even Rodgers couldnt do it in 08.
The 2008 team wasn't very good. They had a few key pieces that developed into the building blocks of a Super Bowl roster, but were very different and inexperienced compared to the 2007 NFCCG Team. As I write this, it should probably be a cautionary tale, but I just think this roster is more talented around Love than what Rodgers had in 2008.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
08 Sep 2023 06:29
German_Panzer wrote:
The 2008 team wasn't very good. They had a few key pieces that developed into the building blocks of a Super Bowl roster, but were very different and inexperienced compared to the 2007 NFCCG Team. As I write this, it should probably be a cautionary tale, but I just think this roster is more talented around Love than what Rodgers had in 2008.
Agree, but the current version is also a roster, by comparison, that is even less experienced than that 2008 team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

our defense was the biggest factor in that 6-10 season, Rodgers and the offense did enough to make that a 10-6 season or even better, but the defense could not protect a lead, we had a 1200 yrd RB and 2 receivers over 1000 yrds, we lost 5 or 6 games by a single score.

I expect we'll almost double those ground yrds, and though inexperienced our group of receivers could produce 2 guys over 1000 yrds as well, so to me it comes down to our defense protecting our offense late in games, and ST's not blowing

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

1) The Packers will experience a second straight losing season.

2) The losing record will not principally be due to the play at QB, as Jordan Love will show promise for the future.

3) Joe Barry's greater GB living quarters will be on the market by February 1, 2024 ... at the latest.

4) At least 2 of the 3 remaining Packers over the age of 30 are playing their final seasons in GB.

5) Anders Carlson will be, when including his kickoffs, an improvement over Mason Crosby at PK.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

LombardiTime wrote:
08 Sep 2023 08:04

2) The losing record will not principally be due to the play at QB, as Jordan Love will show promise for the future.

3) Joe Barry's greater GB living quarters will be on the market by February 1, 2024 ... at the latest.

4) At least 2 of the 3 remaining Packers over the age of 30 are playing their final seasons in GB.

5) Anders Carlson will be, when including his kickoffs, an improvement over Mason Crosby at PK.
I thought we were doing bold predictions? I see these outcomes as the betting favorites... :mrgreen:

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

APB wrote:
08 Sep 2023 10:02
LombardiTime wrote:
08 Sep 2023 08:04

I thought we were doing bold predictions? I see these these outcomes as the betting favorites... :mrgreen:
LOL, you may be right.

As long as the second part of #2 comes true, I'd personally consider the season a qualified "success."

(Oh, and maybe #3 as well).

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
08 Sep 2023 06:44
NCF wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
Agree, but the current version is also a roster, by comparison, that is even less experienced than that 2008 team.
KGB fell off a cliff from 9.5 sacks to .5 and then went down. There was no hammer to Kampman as the anvil. The D giving up an extra TD a game sank 2008.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
NCF wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
Was going to say just this.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
08 Sep 2023 10:35
APB wrote:
NCF wrote:

KGB fell off a cliff from 9.5 sacks to .5 and then went down. There was no hammer to Kampman as the anvil. The D giving up an extra TD a game sank 2008.
ya I think people are miss remembering how futile that defense was, I think we only had 23 sacks total, I'd have to look but I expect worst in the league against the run as well, the offense rolled, the defense rolled over. :) and JustJeffs buddy BoB Sanders got a bus ticket home, Ted hired Capers and we rebuilt our defense.

personally I think the offense will produce just as well, and this 2023 defense is light years ahead of that 08 unit, even with Barry as the DC.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Joe Barry better delivers but then MLF is soft. I doubt he will fire him if he produces a ~20ppg defense (which is good but not great like ~15ppg).

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
Just for grins I just googled our rosters for 07 and 08 and besides losing a couple of DL in 08 I didn't see a lot of change between the 2 teams except at QB.