Week 1 Post-Game: Packers 38 Bears 20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the two players who performed the worst today were Josh Meyers and AJ Dillon by far. Both had terrible games.

If Dillon keeps this up, you have to look at Wilson as the #2 back.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Aaron Jones says he could have gone back in the game if it were closer score

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
10 Sep 2023 19:48
Yeah the two players who performed the worst today were Josh Meyers and AJ Dillon by far. Both had terrible games.

If Dillon keeps this up, you have to look at Wilson as the #2 back.
I thought the worst player on the field today (wearing a G on the helmet) was Rudy Ford. He was continually out of position on plays and then missed several tackles to boot. Even got trucked on a play, managed to trip up the runner then got flagged for personal foul for retaliating over getting trucked.

Terrible performance from him.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So a Center, a Safety, and a RB2 are our worst performers... sounds to me like we have a solid understanding of prioritizing positional value in the NFL :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Sep 2023 19:55
So a Center, a Safety, and a RB2 are our worst performers... sounds to me like we have a solid understanding of prioritizing positional value in the NFL :)
No. The center wasn't prioritization. It was stupidity and not listening to the Industrial Draft Complex.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Jaire… :lol: :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

image.png
image.png (2.39 MiB) Viewed 404 times
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Delicious. Simply delicious…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
10 Sep 2023 20:22
Delicious. Simply delicious…

This is the most gratifying Bears win in a while.

I mean Chicago actually thought they had a real chance here. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Posted for [mention]Yoop[/mention]

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If you take out the scrambles by Fields the Bears rushed 22 times for 62 yards on the ground today. That's a 3.55 yard average. That will do!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Most TFLs in a game since the Oct. 15th 2017 loss to Vikings.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

My thoughts, happy for the win. Good to go to Chicago and get a W under this young teams belt.

Love was poised, hit big in big moments. Had some areas where inexperience showed, but still from situation to situation I think he still found a way to “win” those plays even with some mistakes.

Lots of potential in these young guys. have legit return men. The one knock I had in Doubs last year was being weak with the ball resulting in turnovers more than a few times and killed drives. He was strong to ball, strong in the hands, looked really good.

Oline protected Love really well. Much better oline play than we saw last year.

Defense would have had 10 sacks on a less mobile QB. They won the LOS pretty much every single snap. DL and linebackers were studs. Jaire and Douglas as well. Even savage had a game.

Undisciplined penalties hurt. They’d have hurt more against a good team. They need to fix that and quick.

The offense really struggles without Jones running, we should be better when he takes a breather.

Good win, I’ll take them while these kids build some chemistry, but we beat a pretty bad team. Handily I will say, but still a bad team. Good to get the win and hopefully learn.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Difference in the game in this tweet

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Winning @CHI has some statement vibe. Fields has the usual advantage of no game film about him but boy looked he competent thruout the game. Us GB fans can dream now for a whole week. :banana:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »