Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday Sep 10th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers by 100

Bout GD Time
26%
This is way too early for a GDT
4%
Where is the Here's Johnny Thread
12%
Packers by 100
12%
Jordan Love
16%
Still hate you BF
8%
LFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
22%

Total votes: 50

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:41
Watch Bukowski closely over the next 24 hours. Bears fans have been relentless and he saves receipts.
I hate you for ruining my original thought

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Great to get a win first up.

Work still to do as that bears team is coming last but with Jones and the Defence we should be able to get enough wins this year. Not to take away from Love he did what was needed and just needs to get more consistent with his accuracy.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Fellas, Jordan Love just led the Packers to beat da Bears - who still suck - in a dominating fashion.

Tonight life is good.

:beer2:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Might as well just pencil him in as front runner for MVP.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:50

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:49
Fellas, Jordan Love just led the Packers to beat da Bears - who still suck - in a dominating fashion.

Tonight life is good.

:beer2:
This girl is pretty happy too. ;)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:50

Tua caught him in TD passes a few minutes later (and had 466 yards) but also an INT and still a lower rating

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:48
Great to get a win first up.

Work still to do as that bears team is coming last but with Jones and the Defence we should be able to get enough wins this year. Not to take away from Love he did what was needed and just needs to get more consistent with his accuracy.
Definitely a long ways away from a finished product. Or at least I hope he is. Seems to me it was a combination of accuracy and just need to grow with his receivers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just to point out that our new QB with a performance that looked at time rusty and disjointed with his young group of inexperienced WRs and down his top WR weapon went on the road and leads the NFL in passer rating.

His floor is so high.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gotta say, it was pretty nice to watch all of the Packers personalities shine and the whole broadcast not just be a rodgers slurp fest or talk of his future
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 19:52
Gotta say, it was pretty nice to watch all of the Packers personalities shine and the whole broadcast not just be a rodgers slurp fest or talk of his future
I genuinely thing I have to take MNF off to keep it clear in my system. I can resume watching as normal after that, but the Rodgers-first-game-as-a-Jet talk will be too blast-from-the-past for me and the typical MNF pre-game and booth storyline (especially with a broadcast team known for hammering their pre-prepared storylines relentlessly) will be too much.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Revisiting this thing of beauty…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:23
Revisiting this thing of beauty…

The NextGen dots are great, too

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

On that play, Rasheed Walker was out there as a 6th O-lineman. That's a new wrinkle, I think, compared to last year
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Quay Walker is gonna be a great player

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 19:52
It was so refreshing not hearing:

an uncharacteristic inaccurate throw by Rodgers

or

doesn't appear the Wide Receiver was at the spot Rodgers was expecting
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:31
On that play, Rasheed Walker was out there as a 6th O-lineman. That's a new wrinkle, I think, compared to last year
Rasheed Walker is sadly just a more athletic version of Mercedes Lewis :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:38
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:31
Rasheed Walker is sadly just a more athletic version of Mercedes Lewis :lol:
not sad...nice to have a guy like that...at the right price :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aj Dillon…can’t tell if the problem is him or how we are getting him the ball.

Seems we call the exact same plays for him as we do Jones, when they are not the same types of players. We give Jones the ball going sideways and let him pick the spot he wants to knife between some guys for some yards.

We try that with Dillon and he just cannot turn himself to where he wants to go quick enough. Not his fault really.

Love needs to be under center when Dillon is the feature back and we either need to pound Dillon with his running straight forward and down hill…or we can run play action bootleg off that.

He’s also a guy that really needs tons of Carries. Because he punishes defenders. So hopefully, what’s 3 yards in the 1st, will be 6 yards in the 4th. We just can’t give him that with Jones so much better than him.

But to just his negative..I think he’s done so many squats that they have affected his speed. It’s gotta be hard to carry tree trunks around. His vision seems to be lacking too, but maybe that’s just because he’s running cold and out of rhythm.

All that said…point being…1) we can use him better still, we can make him more affective by playing to HIS strengths. Featuring his strengths.
2) if we not gonna resign him, he’s an asset that can be used to fill some pieces. He would still be a great back for someone that wanted to make him the bell cow, and we have enough behind him to be fine

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

What a great way to start the season. Love was as good as anyone could have reasonably hoped. Carlson also was. The whole team looked solid. Of course, the Bears were the worst team in the league last year, and they might be the worst team again this year, but no reason to pour any cold water on our performance today.

It also just felt like the offense was more dynamic, despite Love not being as good as Rodgers. Obviously we have to be hoping that with Rodgers gone, LaFleur can finally run his own offense instead of having to cater to what Rodgers wants. I have been hoping that MLF will have the same sort of creativity as Shanahan, and today I saw stuff I had never seen before, so that was pretty great.

Love was off on a couple throws but not badly, and also not more than any other QB not named Rodgers generally has been (although today's Love was probably more accurate than 2022 Rodgers straight up).

One thing I noticed was that Fields seemed to be a "run at the first sign of trouble" QB (which never works long term, and sometimes means a team has sort of given up on the guy being a passer), whereas Love seemed to be an actual QB out there. A nice contrast. Time will tell what we have in Love of course, but I couldn't be more happy with game 1.