Here’s Johnny - Week 1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:40
Candidates for your consideration:

Walker - BF004
Musgrave - APB
Doubs - Yoop
Love - Cdragon
Oline - Pckfn23
Alexander - NCF
Enagbare - YoHoChecko
Dillon - Ghost_Lombardi
Reed - Crazy Ex Starks
Douglas - packman114
Wyatt - salmar80
A. Jones - lulu
Man, thought between Doubs and Jones and Walker.

Jones had higher expectations and delivered. Doubs stepped huge even with the hammy and Watson out. That second touchdown looked like davante.

I’m going yoop and Doubs for my vote.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Can't vote for Love. Jones had a sweet game but you expect that. I'll go Wyatt and give Sal the vote. Wyatt was a monster.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm picking Ringo's guy Carlson. 5 extra points and a 52 yarder. People had 0 confidence in him. At least deserves a mention for outdoing expectations.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:17
Can't vote for Love. Jones had a sweet game but you expect that. I'll go Wyatt and give Sal the vote. Wyatt was a monster.
Random thought on that note.

3.5 sacks between Wyatt, Brooks and Van Ness. That’s kind of cool.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:52
I'm picking Ringo's guy Carlson. 5 extra points and a 52 yarder. People had 0 confidence in him. At least deserves a mention for outdoing expectations.
Check the time on Ringo's pick though. I call shenanigans! :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:56
paco wrote:
Check the time on Ringo's pick though. I call shenanigans! :lol:
Didn't notice that! Still deserves the shout out.

Given that, my pick is Wyatt.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
Ahem…

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm gonna vote for the OL.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Doubs
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pugger wrote:
10 Sep 2023 22:08
After a LOT of thought and consideration, because so many are worthy.

I agree with Pugger. It's the OL. They are why Love was pressured only twice. They got out and ran the field on the big Jones screen. They opened holes for Jones.

Really wanted to go on the D side of the ball, but the success over there was so spread out. OL made it possible today for our playmakers to make plays.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Quay Walker. That was a fantastic run after the pick

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

What a tough call. So many guys had great performances. Just speaks to how good of a result this was for the first game of the Love era.

With that said I think you have to go with Love because of the circumstances and that he rose to the occasion. But normally in a game like that I would say Jones. And tough to not go with a ILB who scores a defensive TD on a 40-yd interception return.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Sep 2023 02:21
Quay Walker. That was a fantastic run after the pick
He wasn't going to be denied by anybody on that run. He wanted that endzone

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm not usually one to reward the obvious "star" picks - I love the underdog aspect of this forum contest - but I can't deny the performance from Aaron Jones yesterday. He carried the running game, jump started the passing game, and hit paydirt multiple times to stifle the surging opponent.

That's not to say there weren't other worthy candidates but I feel like Jonesy played lights out. I also feel like he kept the pressure off Love and filled the spotlight void left by you-know-who. He gets my vote.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I demand a recount or better voting rights legislation. I voted for the Kicker. :rotf:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The spirit of this is unsung hero's or best surprise performance. Jones and o-line performed as expected. Love's play was what we hoped for, not perfect at all but no turnovers, got us TDs in the RZ and stayed cool and calm even when he dropped the ball and recovered to hit Musgrave.

So I'm feeling the Love this week.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Sep 2023 22:57
Pugger wrote:
10 Sep 2023 22:08
After a LOT of thought and consideration, because so many are worthy.

I agree with Pugger. It's the OL. They are why Love was pressured only twice. They got out and ran the field on the big Jones screen. They opened holes for Jones.

Really wanted to go on the D side of the ball, but the success over there was so spread out. OL made it possible today for our playmakers to make plays.
packman114 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 07:49
The spirit of this is unsung hero's or best surprise performance. Jones and o-line performed as expected. Love's play was what we hoped for, not perfect at all but no turnovers, got us TDs in the RZ and stayed cool and calm even when he dropped the ball and recovered to hit Musgrave.

So I'm feeling the Love this week.
Convincing. You’re right. The O Line isn’t enough of an underdog.

Apologies for the vote counters, but i REVOKE MY VOTE FOR OLINE

and I CAST my vote for WYATT. That dude dominated. A guy who disappeared most of his rookie year that we needed to step up. Just saw some cutups of his play in the post game thread. He killed it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I wish there was a choice of just pass rush as we do OL, because that performance from the group of rushers was impressive to say the least, so I'll send my vote to Brooks, I doubt anyone expected him to get a sack on Fields.

26 pressures x 17 = 442, Barry has job security for years if we accomplished that.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Yoop wrote:
11 Sep 2023 08:00
I wish there was a choice of just pass rush as we do OL, because that performance from the group of rushers was impressive to say the least, so I'll send my vote to Brooks, I doubt anyone expected him to get a sack on Fields.

26 pressures x 17 = 442, Barry has job security for years if we accomplished that.
Brooks was so far under the radar nobody picked him Yoop. Give it another shot. :munch:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

My man Wyatt with 1.5 sacks, forced a fumble and had several more pressures. :shock: That's superstar pass rushing interior DL impact. :beer2: Would definitely get my vote if I could give it to him.

My vote goes to Quay. Did not expect a pick 6 from a ILB.