Week 1 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Saleh is fearing a torn achilles for Rodgers. Jets better bask in this one. Their D better carry them a looooong way. Wilson isn't going to help them win anything.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:32
Saleh is fearing a torn achilles for Rodgers. Jets better bask in this one. Their D better carry them a looooong way. Wilson isn't going to help them win anything.
Yeah, like everyone said: the Jets probably know; Rodgers probably knows. It was us who didn't know.

If Saleh says achilles, 99% it's that.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:31
do, x.com links not work now? GD Elon.
Change it to twitter.com and it will work.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

It says Saleh is afraid it is achilles. Why would this be „no good“? Seasong ending or just months?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:33
It says Saleh is afraid it is achilles. Why would this be „no good“? Seasong ending or just months?
Career
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:34
German_Panzer wrote:
Career
Time for another darkness retreat, until 2024, or 2025.
RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:34
German_Panzer wrote:
Career
:shock:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 21:09
But I also like dark comedy and this is funny--among the funniest possible outcomes to this, honestly. I am not happy that it happened. But it did happen, so we might as well be able to laugh about it.
You guys there is a betting appt hat gave out a free "welcome" bonus bet to gamblers of Rodgers passing yards: over/under 0.5 yards. People are posting it all over.

I'm sorry you can't tell me that's not funny.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:41
You guys there is a betting appt hat gave out a free "welcome" bonus bet to gamblers of Rodgers passing yards: over/under 0.5 yards. People are posting it all over.

I'm sorry you can't tell me that's not funny.
I just turned on my NFL Network app and they defaulted to something called the NFL Channel that usually just shows old games and it's Packers versus Cowboys and Troy Aikman just said about Aaron Rodgers "can his left calf hold up?" after Rodgers threw a TD to Andrew Quarless

You can't TELL me that's not funny.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am glad that if we're getting "just" a 2 for him this year, we get the disappointment out of the way now rather than getting built up with excitement all year and then being crushed, like 2008 Favre who we thought all season would get us a 2 and then they *just* missed the playoffs and we got a 3 instead.

We don't have all that many roster holes/needs that an extra 2nd itself isn't a really nice luxury.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Sad to see Aaron go out this way, if it does end up being the end. He did a lot for our franchise. Also bummed to see some Packers fans gloating about this.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

The Jets win tonight is a perfect example of a Pyrrhic victory. The AFC can r-e-l-a-x because no doubt Rodgers feat. the Jets had some potential of a fairy tale. I also feel for Aaron. :cry: He was a loyal Packer thruout his time here, brought us to the highest ground possible, many epic battles, one who would have stayed for good with us if we wanted. So no hard feelings at all towards him, a shame his career might end here.
Last edited by German_Panzer on 13 Sep 2023 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

To echo what Rodgers stated numerous times, I have nothing but love and respect for him. I'm sad I won't be able to watch him for at least the rest of this season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 22:31
do, x.com links not work now? GD Elon.
No,

Just gotta change the ‘x’ to ‘twitter’ in the url and it works.

I’m hoping this just fixes itself eventually without me having to do any work.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 19:29
YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 19:26
Rodgers holds the ball, holds the ball, holds the ball, sacked.

Down on the field.

Exiting the game

We need that 65%!
Man wide open over the middle, didn’t want to throw to him.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers' zealot defenders always accused anyone critical of him of having something personal against him. They never understood that the criticisms of him were for his own good. Not, mind you, out of the goodness of our hearts, but because we as fans of the team he was playing for had an interest in his play being good; the team's success is tied to his play in a big way.

And we said, he cannot be playing like he did as a young man when he is now pushing 40, because it will get him killed. But if he was just going to be a stubborn mule rather than just prudently adjust his game for the good of all involved, then we rather not have him here.

It was fitting that Favre as a Vike ended his best shot at a ring with a 4Q INT that lost them the game. That was his fatal flaw as a player.

It is sad that Rodgers ends his career this way, but it is similarly fitting: not just throwing the damn ball, taking an unnecessary sack, getting himself killed all for stubbornly trying to play his way, in the process ignoring a wide-open receiver (the team's hands-down WR1) over the middle, right in front of his face.

That was the fatal flaw of Aaron's game. One might even say it was his Achilles heel. :mrgreen:
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:54

Rodgers' zealot defenders always accused anyone critical of him of having something personal against him. They never understood that the criticisms of him were for his own good. Not, mind you, out of the goodness of our hearts, but because we as fans of the team he was playing for had an interest in his play being good; the team's success is tied to his play in a big way.

And we said, he cannot be playing like he did as a young man when he is now pushing 40, because it will get him killed. But if he was just going to be a stubborn mule rather than just prudently adjust his game for the good of all involved, then we rather not have him here.

It was fitting that Favre as a Vike ended his best shot at a ring with a 4Q INT that lost them the game. That was his fatal flaw as a player.

It is sad that Rodgers ends his career this way, but it is similarly fitting: not just throwing the damn ball, taking an unnecessary sack, getting himself killed all for stubbornly trying to play his way, in the process ignoring a wide-open receiver (the team's hands-down WR1) over the middle, right in front of his face.

That was the fatal flaw of Aaron's game. One might even say it was his Achilles heel. :mrgreen:
extending plays worked great when Rodgers had Protection and receivers that could separate on schedule or where adequate performing the scramble drill, and he more often threw over the middle when he had guys like Cobb or Jennings and Driver also, Rodgers is famous for his ability doing that stuff, to bad the FO didn't see the value to continue to give him the tools need to keep that up after 2014.

I absolutely hope Love try's to get more then a 4 or 5 yrd pass play, I expect him to extend plays hoping for more then that, ya want a robot QB, go in your basement and build one.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:47
to bad the FO didn't
Can't use that excuse now, this just happened with a different team/FO, one that you actually said would do a way better job serving him than our stinky FO has done (oof)... :|
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:59
Yoop wrote:
to bad the FO didn't
Can't use that excuse now, this just happened with a different team/FO, one that you actually said would do a way better job serving him than our stinky FO has done (oof)... :|
Come on Labrev. The Jets have been ignoring the WR position for the last 6 to 7 years. They had how long to prepare for the eventual arrival of Rodgers and all they give him is a quick wraped junior varsity version 2021 Packers receiving corps.

You just wait. Had Rodgers not been injured...he would have lit the field on fire with the Jets. Probably another MVP run with his new team and new toys. I know it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:59
Yoop wrote:
to bad the FO didn't
sure I can, just did, and it makes a ton of sense to me.

never new the Jets OL coach preferred his tackles to lay down, (chop block) this is another classic example of Rodgers coaches not taking his advice, and now they got him hurt, serves those people right, Rodgers is and always has been a big play QB, asking him to throw dinky dunkers is like asking a marathoner to run a sprint, sure they can do it, but it's not what they do best. :idn: and we all know this,

It's why Lafleur has always given Rodgers the freedom to extend plays simply because it usually ends up hugely positive outcome, people castigate him based on the very few times it's not.

I'ts why I became so upset with drafting mid level very raw guys in that 2018 draft, if we where bound and determined to keep a coach who's main pass schemes where iso verts, why not get him receivers that could actually provide some help for the coach and the QB, players like that would help any QB in any scheme, we needed to make a trade for a WR that would help McCarthy keep his job and as a result Rodgers instead of relying on the 3 stooges.

I think if ya want a QB to adjust from what they do best to a new preferred scheme then ya do that when there mahomes age, and even he will at times revert back to old tendencies, Rodgers can do anything and make any kind of throw but the short coastal stuff bores him, same way it would bore any great passer.