Your Morning Coffee Rodgers Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:04
BF004 wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:58
Let’s just say the Jets come calling the packers now and saying they need either their first or second pick freed up so they can trade for another QB.
I know this is a hypothetical, but I genuinely can't understand all the "which QB should the Jets go get" talk instead of "which OL can the Jets take from a tanking team?

Changing the QB will not fix the Jets' main problem. That's the lesson we JUST confirmed when Rodgers went down on the first snap.
Exactly! The Jets still have a good team, but any QB is going to get killed back there. Fix the line and maybe you still have a shot to do something.

The narrative around Rodgers and the Packers was often "we didn't give him any weapons". But we almost always gave him damn good protection. Without that, the rest is useless. Just ask Justin Fields if he'd rather have a competent OL or DJ Moore.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:08
Well not really. I think a much higher combination of bad luck, Rodgers not throwing to the open WR in structure, and having a turf field and not grass.

Not gunna put much on the OL for that play.
But it wasn't "that play." It was the whole offseason, practices by many many reports, preseason games, and this whole first game. The pressure was constant. The blocking is not good enough.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just for funsies...

Available QB's:
Matt Ryan
Phillip Rivers
Tom Brady (lol)
Carson Wentz
Nick Foles
Colt McCoy

Starters they could possibly trade for:
Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford

Backups who might be better than Wilson
Jacoby Brissett
Kyle Trask
Drew Lock
Teddy Bridgewater
Cooper Rush/Trey Lance
Andy Dalton
Mitch Trubisky
Davis Mills/Case Keenum

For trades, only two that would make sense to me might be Matt Stafford and Kirk Cousins, from a trying to compete standpoint for NY.

Rest aren't really going to come in and do much more for you than Zach Wilson.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:53
Yoop wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:35
salmar80 wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:23
What this debate even about?

Yes, we could have gotten more compensation if we had traded AR earlier. In hindsight, we shoulda done just that.

But also, in hindsight, the trade is a disaster for the Jets, even factoring in the fairly modest price tag.

Both are true. :idn:
yes they are, #1 was my point, the trade compensation was peanuts compared to what we may have had in 2021, my point had nothing to do with which team got the better deal, and people are using Rodgers injury to say we did, hindsight is 20/20, prior to his injury it's impossible to know that.
I think you need to let this go. This was discussed a crazy amount in the 2022 offseason and rehashed again in the 2023 offseason.

In fact the number one person who was opposed to trading Rodgers after the 2021 season was yoop.

Something about how you can't trade away your HOF, MVP and you should let him play for the Packers until he doesn't want to and how us fans who wanted to trade him after 2021 were naive young fans who don't know the duldrums of the 70's and 80's and that our spoiled and stupid fandom because we aren't old can't rationally think to see how moving beyond Rodgers is a stupid idea and a team should always play to win as many games as possible and Rodgers is the only way we can get to the playoffs because you watched Jordan Love play 2021 preseason and it was terrible and you watched Aaron Rodgers 2005 and 2006 and it was incredible it's just that all the receivers were in the wrong spot and only you could see that Rodgers was always going to be amazing. It was obvious.
OK, but I said that mostly prior to losing Adams when Rodgers still gave us the best chance to win, and this FO would have been castigated if they did trade him, I still think I was right about that.

and most here where undecided, and just to set the record straight I think at times you do act like naive young spoiled rotten fans, all you've ever really known is great Packer football seasons, minus one or two seasons, it's comparable to going years without catching the flue, then a winter here or there when ya catch it, please just wipe your nose and quit sniffling :lol:

I actually am jealous of your ability's, but I sure as hell aint going to expound on that :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:12
Just for funsies...

Available QB's:
Matt Ryan
Phillip Rivers
Tom Brady (lol)
Carson Wentz
Nick Foles
Colt McCoy

Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford

Jacoby Brissett
Kyle Trask
Drew Lock
Teddy Bridgewater
Cooper Rush/Trey Lance
Andy Dalton
Mitch Trubisky
Davis Mills/Case Keenum

For trades, only two that would make sense to me might be Matt Stafford and Kirk Cousins, from a trying to compete standpoint for NY.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
Just for funsies...

Available QB's:
Matt Ryan
Phillip Rivers
Tom Brady (lol)
Carson Wentz
Nick Foles
Colt McCoy

Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford

Jacoby Brissett
Kyle Trask
Drew Lock
Teddy Bridgewater
Cooper Rush/Trey Lance
Andy Dalton
Mitch Trubisky
Davis Mills/Case Keenum

They supposedly reached out about Stafford before the Rodgers deal was finalized. People are mentioning Cousins a lot, but I don't see the Vikings doing that. Not right now anyway, trade deadline maybe.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BF004 wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:58
Let’s just say the Jets come calling the packers now and saying they need either their first or second pick freed up so they can trade for another QB.

What would you ask in return?

Giving them a good QB maybe moves our pick from 45-55.

Basically ask for that net value back?
APB wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:01
Give them their next year R2 pick back for a 2025 guaranteed R1.
Breece Hall, a DB, and a 4th
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So do we think Rodgers stays with the Jets or does he go silent offsite and disappear during the season like Z'darious did?

I could see it both ways actually. Though I tend to lean he will stay with the team. He cares about his image at least in that sense and disappearing would be brutal for it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:21
I could see it both ways actually.
I, too, could see it go both ways.

It will be a rather tough mental/emotional test of his philosophy of controlling what he can control and accepting life with gratitude. And I'm saying that sympathetically, not to mock his philosophy.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
So do we think Rodgers stays with the Jets or does he go silent offsite and disappear during the season like Z'darious did?

I could see it both ways actually. Though I tend to lean he will stay with the team. He cares about his image at least in that sense and disappearing would be brutal for it.
I think it depends on what decision he makes about his future. If he plans to play again, he's going to need to hit the rehab hard. He probably wouldn't travel to road games then and will probably go mostly dark.

But I don't see him disappearing completely in any scenario.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:

I don't necessarily think him disappearing would be too detrimental to his image, especially if it's cast as receiving "specialized treatment" or something along those lines. I could really see him wanting to take some time to evaluate where he is in life and what he wants to do going forward. I could also see him needing some time to overcome the emotional shock of the whole situation. That would be completely understandable.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:

I could see it both ways actually.
I can't see him going silent; Rodgers craves attention.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:30
go pak go wrote:

I don't necessarily think him disappearing would be too detrimental to his image, especially if it's cast as receiving "specialized treatment" or something along those lines. I could really see him wanting to take some time to evaluate where he is in life and what he wants to do going forward. I could also see him needing some time to overcome the emotional shock of the whole situation. That would be completely understandable.
Darkness retreat 2.0
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wild

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Labrev wrote:
12 Sep 2023 11:52

I can't see him going silent; Rodgers craves attention.
I don’t think he craves the attention nearly as much as some like giving him attention.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Time for the Tim Boyle Laser Show!!! :dude:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'd rather spend time discussing Jordan Love and the merits of a Don Hutson jersey.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
Just for funsies...

Available QB's:
Matt Ryan
Phillip Rivers
Tom Brady (lol)
Carson Wentz
Nick Foles
Colt McCoy

Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford

Jacoby Brissett
Kyle Trask
Drew Lock
Teddy Bridgewater
Cooper Rush/Trey Lance
Andy Dalton
Mitch Trubisky
Davis Mills/Case Keenum

Is Jamies Winston (sp?) out there too?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Sep 2023 13:43
I'd rather spend time discussing Jordan Love and the merits of a Don Hutson jersey.
buying a Rodgers jet jersey would seem to me to be a wise investment :idn: