Week 2 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Love

Packers 2-0
25%
Lions 2-0
18%
Bears 0-2
27%
Vikings 0-2
29%

Total votes: 51

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Sep 2023 22:51
It astounds me how much the Bears still suck.
It's like a dog in a pack. It doesn't care if it's first or last, it just needs to know its place. Bears fans (should) know where their place in the pack is by now. :munch:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This Kyren Williams kid from the Rams is pretty good. Tough runs against that SF defense. Just punched in a score to put LA up on the 49ers by 7 with just over a minute to go in the 1st half.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Russel Wilson with a miracle Hail Mary conversion on the final play of regulation!

…then he throws a dud for the 2-pt conversion to tie it. :messedup:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
17 Sep 2023 18:47
Russel Wilson with a miracle Hail Mary conversion on the final play of regulation!

…then he throws a dud for the 2-pt conversion to tie it. :messedup:
That offense in Denver just looks so broken still.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

My TV is set to English but my Sunday Night Football broadcast is in Spanish. Help?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

That Patriots block of the FG attempt by the Dolphins was a pretty cool play concept. Haven’t seen that running start/time the snap technique employed before, at least not like that.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
17 Sep 2023 21:21
That Patriots block of the FG attempt by the Dolphins was a pretty cool play concept. Haven’t seen that running start/time the snap technique employed before, at least not like that.
I was going to try to find a clip to post here. Usually they try to run the players perpendicular to the line, which makes the timing more difficult, but this looked so much smoother.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Patriots did not convert that 4th down but man what a fun, hilarious attempt at it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Both crazy

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Whole lotta offensive nothing in this Saints Panthers game until that great catch by Olave

Kicker is, if the defender would have picked that ball up before it went out of bounds like he could have, it also would have been a turnover.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

musclestang wrote:
18 Sep 2023 20:26
Whole lotta offensive nothing in this Saints Panthers game until that great catch by Olave

Kicker is, if the defender would have picked that ball up before it went out of bounds like he could have, it also would have been a turnover.
I can’t bring myself to turn on the Saints-Panthers game. Just a couple of teams that are completely uninspiring.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My takeaways from watching this Saints-Panthers game (and ours)

The Panthers' Defense deserved more credit for shutting down the Falcons last week than they got.
The Bears' Offense deserved as much flack for our defensive performance as they got.
The Panthers Offense was bad against both the Falcons and the Saints, so it's probably pretty bad.
The Saints' Offense was bad against both the Titans and the Panthers, so it's probably pretty bad--but it shows enough flashes to threaten if/when they get in sync

Next week versus the Saints is going to be a hard-fought battle.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Haven't watched games tonight. But saw a clip of the Chubb injury. :puke:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Both of the teams in the late game tonight are playing such miserable, backyard football on offense that I can't understand how they each topped 20 points. I think the defenses are pretty good.

I think the Browns defense isn't as good as I thought after week one against Cincy (turns out Cincy just looks ROUGH on offense--again today against the Ravens, despite a garbage time TD to make it look like a closer game)

I think the Steelers all around are not as bad as they looked against the 49ers--but specifically their defense is not as bad as it was against SF. Their offense still looks very herky-jerky. They do appear to have multiple RBs who can create their own yards, which is nice.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Of note tonight: The saints OL could run block but not pass protect. But Jamaal Williams left the game with a hamstring injury and Kamara still has a week left on his suspension.

This Tony Jr guy was fine, but the way their backs complimented their line while their pass game struggled is really handicapped now.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I you like a good Bears beatdown, here's JT O'Sullivan with 1:35:34 of it. :shock:

Here's a quote if you don't wanna watch the whole thing: "That's brutal, man. I mean, that's just an absolute dumpster fire. To be so disjointed at the NFL level so consistently over two weeks now. It just...it...it...it feels icky, man. Feels like I need a shower after watching this film. Like I gotta go brush my teeth." :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Sep 2023 22:35
I think the Steelers all around are not as bad as they looked against the 49ers--but specifically their defense is not as bad as it was against SF. Their offense still looks very herky-jerky. They do appear to have multiple RBs who can create their own yards, which is nice.
Herky-jerky, indeed. On a positive note, they're setting records...