Your Morning Coffee Rodgers Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Sep 2023 10:16
Sorry if this has been covered, but the fact that right after the game, NFL channel was showing some “Best of Rodgers” (scheduled for the big debut, not because he got hurt) and it was the 2014 divisional round of the playoffs and Aikman was talking about how he’d been struggling with a left calf strain.

We know he had calf strains again in his time with us.

And he missed time this offseason with both calves getting strained, more recently the left one.

Is this long history of straining his left calf a contributing factor to the ultimate Achilles tear at the bottom? Is it sort of a red flag that something like that might occur? Is it entirely unrelated?

Just wondering. Doesn’t really make any point
Maybe it was that year, 2014, when he had a real problem. He played, but was almost a peg-leg kind of QB. I remember him “scrambling” the one time for a TD. It was painful just to watch him try to run.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Rodgers in his bed on McAfee basically just said, without saying, do not rule him out for the rest of 2023.

:shock:

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
15 Sep 2023 13:30
Rodgers in his bed on McAfee basically just said, without saying, do not rule him out for the rest of 2023.

:shock:
If that's a prop I would put up $1000 against it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bit of a baller way to keep the spirits of his team up. And keep himself motivated.

At the same time, if Zach Wilson gets you to the AFC Championship game, you really wanna bench him for Aaron at that point?

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:11
Bit of a baller way to keep the spirits of his team up. And keep himself motivated.

At the same time, if Zach Wilson gets you to the AFC Championship game, you really wanna bench him for Aaron at that point?
Touché.

But I also would not bet my house that Rodgers cannot pull off something to come back after some months. The dude is a multi-million $$$ VIP and so if there is any procedure or magic doctor, he can get it/him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:33
BF004 wrote:

Touché.

But I also would not bet my house that Rodgers cannot pull off something to come back after some months. The dude is a multi-million $$$ VIP and so if there is any procedure or magic doctor, he can get it/him.
Maybe when he saw the UFO he made some friends with aliens who have vastly superior medical knowledge and he can get their help?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If there is one dude who could pull it off, it would be Aaron. He is built a bit different.

I mean the guy freaking ruptured his achilles, stood right up and just looked annoyed until he could figure out it was severe. Not even in pain, literally just annoyed.

Ya'll remember when Mac Jones sprained his ankle? He is not like Aaron. Wouldn't shock me if Aaron pulls it off hobbling against the doctor's will.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:40
I'm on mushrooms right now so everything he said made complete sense.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I have no doubt that, fresh out of surgery, Aaron sets his on the attitude that'll help him to recover as soon as possible. This is that attitude. He just needs his medical care and body to agree.

Seriously, if people say that it takes eight months for athletes to recover from this type of surgery, I'm quite sure that his mind would be to do everything possible to get it done in half that, or four months. He needs everything to work out for the maximum best. Even then, he would likely be much less mobile, only a pocket passer for sure.

I said the other day that if there's a 3% chance of this, he will do all that he can to make it happen. His determination won't limit him.

Remember, this is a guy who played on a leg fracture several years ago. Don't dismiss him on this. lol.

And yes, if he could only get back for the AFCCG, the Jets would play him.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

4 months would be s miracle. AR ain't tight with God like Reggie.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:55
I mean the guy freaking ruptured his achilles, stood right up and just looked annoyed until he could figure out it was severe. Not even in pain, literally just annoyed.
thats how the tough guys do it, did I ever tell ya about the time :rotf:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

wallyuwl wrote:
15 Sep 2023 16:05
If he attempts to play on it at 4 months he will tear it again. Tendons don't heal as fast as bones. There are 4 grades of "tears" with 1 and 2 being partial tears and 4 being a full tear with a gap between the heel section and the section still attached to the muscle. It also matters where the tear occurred, the closer to the bone on the heel, the longer it takes to heal. I had a 3 inch gap and it was only about a half inch above the bone. I was in a cast to the knee for 7+ months after surgery and a walking boot for another 6 weeks. Then I was told to not stress it for another month. The only good part was that it barely hurt at all. But since the front of the foot fell from gravity if I lifted my leg, I knew what it was.

Apparently Rodgers' tear was a 3 or a 4. Could be 6 months to resume running or he could still be in a cast. Depends on how clean the tear was and where it was and how much blood flow the injury gets and how well the surgery went. Odds are against him, way way against him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:55

From the accounts I have listened to and read, it's not really a painful injury. Shawnee Merriman talked about how he just thought someone had kicked him.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:

Yes and yes.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:40
I'm on mushrooms right now so everything he said made complete sense.
No way you are shrooming and posting on Packers-Huddle. I can’t even fathom how that would work.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Sep 2023 17:09
wallyuwl wrote:
15 Sep 2023 16:05
If he attempts to play on it at 4 months he will tear it again. Tendons don't heal as fast as bones. There are 4 grades of "tears" with 1 and 2 being partial tears and 4 being a full tear with a gap between the heel section and the section still attached to the muscle. It also matters where the tear occurred, the closer to the bone on the heel, the longer it takes to heal. I had a 3 inch gap and it was only about a half inch above the bone. I was in a cast to the knee for 7+ months after surgery and a walking boot for another 6 weeks. Then I was told to not stress it for another month. The only good part was that it barely hurt at all. But since the front of the foot fell from gravity if I lifted my leg, I knew what it was.

Apparently Rodgers' tear was a 3 or a 4. Could be 6 months to resume running or he could still be in a cast. Depends on how clean the tear was and where it was and how much blood flow the injury gets and how well the surgery went. Odds are against him, way way against him.
Plus he isn't a young man any more. It takes longer to heal the older you get. I know from experience... :favre:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers- ... 01255.html

I mean, I‘d wish it to him but it can easily make him done for good if he reaggravates it. Remember Al Harris? Came back super fast from ACL and booom. As others said, it would be also weird to let Wilson lead them to the Playoffs to play an icecold QB without months of game experience. :shock: Not to mention the torn legacy bc your SB would always hang on another QB doing almost all the work.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

If they make it to the playoffs it will be on the Defense and the Tim Boyle Laser Show. :woohoo: