Packers @ Falcons GDT: Sunday Sep 17, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Disappointing Loss.

Couple thoughts: Not blaming any particular thing on the loss.

I knew Jaire not pick sixing that throw would haunt the Pack. For Jaire it was a bad game for him. I expect elite always from him.

Dillion did not change my mind. I expect nothing from him special anymore. NO Juice!!! I actually kind of dread watching him.

Couuple mistakes by MLF

Lets get healthy already and quit pulling Hammys.

I would have called a couple designed runs for Love. Them plays can kick ass at times.

Lets get Jones and Watson back and maybe our quite expensive L tackle will decide to give it a go.

GO Pack!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The reason Gary doesn’t deserve anywhere near bosa money is because he’s not a complete player. He’s a pass rusher. A very good one. But how many times does he fail to set the edge or give up outside contain? It’s a problem.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Sep 2023 15:31
Disappointing Loss.

Couple thoughts: Not blaming any particular thing on the loss.

I knew Jaire not pick sixing that throw would haunt the Pack. For Jaire it was a bad game for him. I expect elite always from him.

Dillion did not change my mind. I expect nothing from him special anymore. NO Juice!!! I actually kind of dread watching him.

Couuple mistakes by MLF

Lets get healthy already and quit pulling Hammys.

I would have called a couple designed runs for Love. Them plays can kick ass at times.

Lets get Jones and Watson back and maybe our quite expensive L tackle will decide to give it a go.

GO Pack!
Good point at the end. We could always just blame the LT that’s not hurt that just decide to either protest or load manage in week two of the season. What a jacka**.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
The reason Gary doesn’t deserve anywhere near bosa money is because he’s not a complete player. He’s a pass rusher. A very good one. But how many times does he fail to set the edge or give up outside contain? It’s a problem.
not to single out just Gary, others get trapped inside as well, and Campbell/Walker get tangled in the traffic, couple that with DB's grabbing instead of wrapping as Alexander did on one of his attempts, I get that there RB's are special, but we still need to be more consistent defending the run.

imo our defense lost this game today, sure the offense can do better, and I think it will soon as we get a few guys off the injury list.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Sep 2023 15:44
Drj820 wrote:
not to single out just Gary, others get trapped inside as well, and Campbell/Walker get tangled in the traffic, couple that with DB's grabbing instead of wrapping as Alexander did on one of his attempts, I get that there RB's are special, but we still need to be more consistent defending the run.

imo our defense lost this game today, sure the offense can do better, and I think it will soon as we get a few guys off the injury list.
I singled out Gary because he’s the one wanting a new contract

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Some real wounds to lick after this loss, for sure.

Defense melted in the 4th and was barely hanging on prior to that.

Offense looked like kindergarten in the 4th. I don’t know if there was even one positive play after that non-QB sneak.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
Clay Matthews II

But seriously, Gary does usually hold the edge pretty well. He just got seriously exposed on that play by Riddick. He will do better normally.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This 4th quarter was the negative that has gone with the prior 7 quarters of generally positive for this young team. We had to expect them to face more pressure than they did against da Bears. And they folded. Hope this is just the last time that happens. He limped off this field having NOTHING going their way.

I’m sure the shine will be off of Love now. He still had it going until start of the 4th quarter. Then, the offense collapsed. Nothing close after that except that last play that would’ve been called back anyhow.

Time for the defense to grow up. They faced some real talent today. But again, they fell into old tricks that just don’t work.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
Not very often, actually. He did on that QB option play today but I think you’re portrayal of him being this ongoing liability is way overstated.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Matt going after coach pretty hard for a straight news reporter.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2023 16:06

Matt going after coach pretty hard for a straight news reporter.
Frankly, I’m more upset that Jaire and Quay couldn’t haul in their respective, would-be INTs. That and the fact that both our offense and defense completely wilted in the 4th.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
Fields, Ridder, this is what these offenses want to do. Football 101 teaches you to defend the option. Gary should have been crashing down and there should have been a secondary defender containing the edge. I understand that might not have been the call, but it should have been the call. Time and time again, the Packers refuse to adjust in crucial situations. Especially in the RZ... a defensive call that might give up a 98 yard TD, gives up a 2 yard TD... so what? It's worth the risk there when you can't stop anything else they are throwing at you.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2023 15:18
paco wrote:
17 Sep 2023 15:17
The kinda of growing pains I expected to see. Though plenty of problems with Joe, yet again. I expect more games like this, unfortunately.
Wasn’t even growing pains tho. The young players played fine. Everything that went wrong was under coaches control. That an AJ Dillon needs some spikes.
Not everything. Early and late game issues with Love and the receivers not being on the same page. There were opportunities missed there. The not hearing the check on the 4th down flub toward the end (Jordan has to learn to communicate that even in loud stadiums). Walker's problems at LT early.

Plenty of things that can and should be cleaned up with some experience. Even those would have been enough to win this game.

But yes, as I eluded too, plenty of other issues as well. Injuries. Jaire not playing to his level. Missed tackles. Bad run defense overall (blame Joe on this mostly, but Bijan was good). Clock management issues. 3 dropped INTs. Not taking the early FG, even after the penalty.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

O failed at the ends, but they had a good excuse with literally all their stats hurt.

D gave up 3 straight scoring drives. They have literally every preferred player.

22.5 point per game is nowhere near good enough.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ouch guys. Just got to my hotel.

That one hurt. We were the better team. A lot and I mean a lot of missed opportunities. Two interceptions (one would have been housed) not getting any points after being inside the 30 yardline on the first drive and getting the ball after a turnover on the 2nd drive.

The offense absolutely sucked when the crowd got into it. But man our defense just collapsed in that 4th quarter. Just couldn't get off the field on the money downs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2023 18:20

That one hurt. We were the better team. A lot and I mean a lot of missed opportunities. Two interceptions (one would have been housed) not getting any points after being inside the 30 yardline on the first drive and getting the ball after a turnover on the 2nd drive.

The offense absolutely sucked when the crowd got into it. But man our defense just collapsed in that 4th quarter. Just couldn't get off the field on the money downs.
Not me .......... but some may start wondering about the longevity of your avatar.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
I definitely called him out several times today. He made a few mistakes, he wasn’t good.

No one anywhere thinks he deserves Bosa money.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Sep 2023 18:32
go pak go wrote:

Not me .......... but some may start wondering about the longevity of your avatar.
Not you?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One "final" note for today. I'm not convinced that our D was sold out to stop the run. Good grief. With the Falcons having Ridder at QB, a little (not a lot) of WR talent, and the RBs that they have, it would've made sense to play heavily to the run and make Ridder beat you with his arm. I'm not convinced that is what we wanted to do. I counted too many plays where we had 2-3 DLinemen in the game instead of 4-5.

This is Joe Barry defense - again.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2023 18:47
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Sep 2023 18:32
go pak go wrote:

Not you?
Nope. Not me. This game sparked an uptick in Dillon haters.