Your Morning Coffee Rodgers Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

German_Panzer wrote:
17 Sep 2023 07:15
https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers- ... 01255.html

I mean, I‘d wish it to him but it can easily make him done for good if he reaggravates it. Remember Al Harris? Came back super fast from ACL and booom. As others said, it would be also weird to let Wilson lead them to the Playoffs to play an icecold QB without months of game experience. :shock: Not to mention the torn legacy bc your SB would always hang on another QB doing almost all the work.
Rodgers is not immune to normal human fears. He is going to be afraid that he will tear it again for months after he is healed. He will need to concentrate on the game, not his ankle

fiy, I also thought someone had kicked me and that is the reason mine ruptured. No, it was never painful. Much less painful than an ankle sprain. I drove home an hour later. Using the cruise control because I could not press down on the accellerator. But I could walk on the heel fairly well.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
17 Sep 2023 09:18
German_Panzer wrote:
17 Sep 2023 07:15
https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers- ... 01255.html

I mean, I‘d wish it to him but it can easily make him done for good if he reaggravates it. Remember Al Harris? Came back super fast from ACL and booom. As others said, it would be also weird to let Wilson lead them to the Playoffs to play an icecold QB without months of game experience. :shock: Not to mention the torn legacy bc your SB would always hang on another QB doing almost all the work.
Rodgers is not immune to normal human fears. He is going to be afraid that he will tear it again for months after he is healed. He will need to concentrate on the game, not his ankle

fiy, I also thought someone had kicked me and that is the reason mine ruptured. No, it was never painful. Much less painful than an ankle sprain. I drove home an hour later. Using the cruise control because I could not press down on the accellerator. But I could walk on the heel fairly well.
pain can be felt different for people, also severity of injury is involved to, a minor tear can hurt worse simply because it is still partially attached, so any movement is still pulling on it, where a complete tear will have no restriction.
I once walked 4 miles with 5 broken bones in my foot, and only cried a little :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
17 Sep 2023 09:26
I once walked 4 miles with 5 broken bones in my foot, and only cried a little
I died once, my dad told me to get up and walk it off. Didn't cry at all.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Raptorman wrote:
17 Sep 2023 11:14
Yoop wrote:
17 Sep 2023 09:26
I once walked 4 miles with 5 broken bones in my foot, and only cried a little
I died once, my dad told me to get up and walk it off. Didn't cry at all.
Love it. But real pain is reserved for mothers.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Or those who pass kidney stones.
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ok, so it’s not just an Aaron thing.

Maybe it’s still a youth thing?

Maybe it’s a lafleur thing?

But the stupid timeouts…

Cultural thing?

One score game in the 2nd half, you can’t keep doing that.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
17 Sep 2023 14:15
Ok, so it’s not just an Aaron thing.

Maybe it’s still a youth thing?

Maybe it’s a lafleur thing?

But the stupid timeouts…

Cultural thing?

One score game in the 2nd half, you can’t keep doing that.
The most frustrating thing is that we DIDN'T use one when we really needed: On a the key 3rd and 9, where drawing the D offsides failed, and Love ad-libbed a totally dysfunctional play.

I kinda expect us to waste some this year if the young ones mess lining up etc. But was hoping to get rid of the clock running down hurry problem.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 14:40
But he wasn't traded to the Dolphins. He needs to listen to the sound a Jet engine makes when it's making love and healing itself. :thwap:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Ok now I'm officially out on Aaron Rodgers for the bolded:

PFT:
"I miss the guys. It’s hard to be away from them,” Rodgers said. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to get there at some point. . . . I don’t think I can be on the sidelines until I can evade guys running [into me]. I don’t know if I’ll be hanging out with Woody and Christopher [Johnson] in the owner’s box eating hot dogs. I don’t eat hot dogs.”

:messedup:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Sep 2023 00:37

PFT:
"I miss the guys. It’s hard to be away from them,” Rodgers said. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to get there at some point. . . . I don’t think I can be on the sidelines until I can evade guys running [into me]. I don’t know if I’ll be hanging out with Woody and Christopher [Johnson] in the owner’s box eating hot dogs. I don’t eat hot dogs.”

I don’t eat them, either. It’s Johnsonville smoked sausages for me or nothing.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2023 08:57
salmar80 wrote:

PFT:

Nope. Johnsonville original brats cooked in a charcoal grill. I actually bought a small charcoal grill just to make brats.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2023 10:41
APB wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

PFT:

Nope. Johnsonville original brats cooked in a charcoal grill. I actually bought a small charcoal grill just to make brats.
really hard to control the heat on a charcoal grill for Brats, mine have always gotten to hot and the skins split, even on the bigger weber I've had to yank them spray the briquets then replace the Brats, so I prefer a gas or electric grill so I can keep the temp at 310 to 325 Degree.

and While I consider Jonsonville a great 2nd choice I prefer my fav meat market Brats far more, I specially like the pineapple infused ones, now those you really have to cook with TLC, I dropped one on a 450 degree grill once and it exploded like a grenade at Omaha Beach, everyone standing by got juiced :rotf:

I never par boil either, it allows the juice to escape so the Brats end up dry after the grilling, on occasion for a large turn out I often grill then dump the Brats in a beer solution with water and onions, lots of folks like em that way, I myself prefer a 7-up and water mix because it gives the brats a nice sweet taste, (thing is the meat will be pink, but fully cooked) again though to each there own, if ya don't mind your Brats wit the casing all split up, go charcoal, however if you want picture perfect caramelization then save the briquets for the Rib eye, enjoy.

just my two cents Raptor :aok:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2023 13:58
Raptorman wrote:
APB wrote:

really hard to control the heat on a charcoal grill for Brats, mine have always gotten to hot and the skins split, even on the bigger weber I've had to yank them spray the briquets then replace the Brats, so I prefer a gas or electric grill so I can keep the temp at 310 to 325 Degree.

and While I consider Jonsonville a great 2nd choice I prefer my fav meat market Brats far more, I specially like the pineapple infused ones, now those you really have to cook with TLC, I dropped one on a 450 degree grill once and it exploded like a grenade at Omaha Beach, everyone standing by got juiced :rotf:

I never par boil either, it allows the juice to escape so the Brats end up dry after the grilling, on occasion for a large turn out I often grill then dump the Brats in a beer solution with water and onions, lots of folks like em that way, I myself prefer a 7-up and water mix because it gives the brats a nice sweet taste, (thing is the meat will be pink, but fully cooked) again though to each there own, if ya don't mind your Brats wit the casing all split up, go charcoal, however if you want picture perfect caramelization then save the briquets for the Rib eye, enjoy.

just my two cents Raptor :aok:
I never question how someone else cooks their brats. I have had them in many different ways. par-boiled in beer and onions, cooked on the grill, and returned to the beer. Cooked on a gas grill, smoked in smoker.......To each their own. What I love about the charcoal grill is the smoke from the grease hitting the charcoal. The way it stinks up the neighborhood, telling everyone that someone is cooking outside.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
APB wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

PFT:

Well, yeah, I much prefer and eat the originals. I'm talking about the pre-cooked "hot dog" like products.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2023 13:58
I use the pellet smoker now, only because I'm lazy, but the taste of brats over charcoal is the best. Put the lid on and adjust the vents to control the heat. Easy peasy.

I also like the beer soak after grilling. Onion, pepper, too much butter, some garlic, a squirt of Jack Daniels No 7 BBQ sauce, and a couple cans of Old Style beer - just enough to keep the brats covered. Mmm mmm good!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2023 15:54
Old Style beer
My beer of choice in High school.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2023 15:48
Raptorman wrote:
APB wrote:

Well, yeah, I much prefer and eat the originals. I'm talking about the pre-cooked "hot dog" like products.
It's too early to break into my pack of Covid dogs. :puke: Might need them later. :pray:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2023 16:17
APB wrote:
Old Style beer
PBR was the big beer we all drank in high school. Though if we didn't have much money we'd get Leinies or Old Chicago for 99 cents a twelve pack.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

williewasgreat wrote:
24 Sep 2023 04:34
Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2023 16:17
APB wrote:
Old Style beer
PBR was the big beer we all drank in high school. Though if we didn't have much money we'd get Leinies or Old Chicago for 99 cents a twelve pack.
Started buying Old Style when I was 15. They didn't do much on checking id's back then. I remember one time we were in the park and a cop came by, actually tripped on our 12 packs, shone his flashlight on it, and kept going. He was looking for people who smoked weed. Which we didn't do.

PBR and I don't get along. Let's just say it sends me to the bathroom.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The implosion has begun.

Aaron Rodgers made his weekly appearance on McAfee this morn and had some pretty pointed things to say about his Jets teammates.
Aaron Rodgers wrote: "Too many little side conversations, and we just need to grow up a little bit on offense and lock in and do our jobs and not point fingers at each other -- and that's everybody. Don't point fingers at the coaching staff, don't point fingers at each other. Just get back to work and get the job done."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38 ... nt-fingers