2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

image.png
image.png (72.99 KiB) Viewed 551 times
image.png
image.png (40.86 KiB) Viewed 551 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Big love for Shepherd
image.png
image.png (24.62 KiB) Viewed 547 times
image.png
image.png (62.78 KiB) Viewed 547 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Crosby 5-for-5, no need for 5 tweets about it

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Seems like this has been the best day to follow along on twitter.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok, that was a lot of tweets....

My immediate takeaways:

1) If the guys do their jobs, the media policy limiting content has very little impact. For instance "Love connects with Shepherd and EQSB" tells us who they are practicing with. Those who are the most upset (Jim O and Ryan Wood leading the charge today) are providing the least valuable content by sarcastically reporting things with a lack of detail, consistently, and should be unfollowed asap.

2) Tonyan is the leader in the clubhouse for TE1 reps. MLF said as much, but it is continuing. Sternberger will have a role, and he is just getting back into the swing of it, but so far a drop or two and some missed connections have defined his time here.

3) Gary is doing very well with the 1s in Z's absence.

4) Alex Light is not an NFL Left Tackle and we really need some depth at the position. Hopefully Njimen gets on the field soon and shows something with all that athleticism.

5) Kirksey is the real deal as long as he's healthy

6) AJ Dillon's role this season will be only as big as his pass protection allows it to be, as is always true with rookie RBs.

7) Deguara and Lovett are giving the offense some fun versatility

8) Don't rule out Kabion Ento as a bottom-of-roster DB; Stanford Samuels has been mentioned for getting a PBU two days in a row, as well.

9) the 5th/6th WR battle may be a STs battle and sounds like Begelton and Malik Taylor are getting some gunner reps.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MLF coachspeaks away multiple questions about starting OTs and swing OT; "competetive spot," "got a lot of faith in Billy" "it'll sort itself out"

and even "we have a lot of faith in Alex" :shock: :lol:
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 20 Aug 2020 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2020 12:19
Ok, that was a lot of tweets....

My immediate takeaways:

1) If the guys do their jobs, the media policy limiting content has very little impact. For instance "Love connects with Shepherd and EQSB" tells us who they are practicing with. Those who are the most upset (Jim O and Ryan Wood leading the charge today) are providing the least valuable content by sarcastically reporting things with a lack of detail, consistently, and should be unfollowed asap.

2) Tonyan is the leader in the clubhouse for TE1 reps. MLF said as much, but it is continuing. Sternberger will have a role, and he is just getting back into the swing of it, but so far a drop or two and some missed connections have defined his time here.

3) Gary is doing very well with the 1s in Z's absence.

4) Alex Light is not an NFL Left Tackle and we really need some depth at the position. Hopefully Njimen gets on the field soon and shows something with all that athleticism.

5) Kirksey is the real deal as long as he's healthy

6) AJ Dillon's role this season will be only as big as his pass protection allows it to be, as is always true with rookie RBs.

7) Deguara and Lovett are giving the offense some fun versatility

8) Don't rule out Kabion Ento as a bottom-of-roster DB; Stanford Samuels has been mentioned for getting a PBU two days in a row, as well.

9) the 5th/6th WR battle may be a STs battle and sounds like Begelton and Malik Taylor are getting some gunner reps.
Good break down. Totally agree with point 1.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Adrian Amos was out due to a personal matter and he'll be right back. Davante and Z are "nothing serious"

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rookies getting some media today; AJ Dillon talked, now Jordan Love is up.

Sorta nice to hear from rookies, but at the same time, I feel like I learn less; they have nothing to compare it to, so I'm not posting much about it.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Been following everything on twitter. Just is not the same not being able to go there a few days and enjoy and watch what I want to watch. Oh well, just another 2020 downfall.

So the WR's are struggling to get open. Hopefully the D is just playing that well, but we all know it is somewhere in the middle. MVS needs to step up now that he is healthy. Someone needs to come out of the woodwork (talking to you EQSB).
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
20 Aug 2020 13:02
So the WR's are struggling to get open. Hopefully the D is just playing that well, but we all know it is somewhere in the middle. MVS needs to step up now that he is healthy. Someone needs to come out of the woodwork (talking to you EQSB).
How are we drawing this conclusion?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2020 12:52
Rookies getting some media today; AJ Dillon talked, now Jordan Love is up.

Sorta nice to hear from rookies, but at the same time, I feel like I learn less; they have nothing to compare it to, so I'm not posting much about it.
Deguara got in on it, too.

Though they broke the trend with lane Taylor now

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2020 13:04

Just from what I have read, several have said it, but I do like to follow Andy:

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2020 13:04
Packfntk wrote:
20 Aug 2020 13:02
It was Nagler's narrative heading into today's practice, as well (without getting into the specifics). Theme from the first few practices. Maybe better today?

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nice Nagler talk. Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't say Nagler talked about separation, but more so that the passing offense just looks out of sync. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nagler said they are going to have some kind of Family Night... not with fans, but something!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Where has the Funyun been lining up?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Aug 2020 14:18
Where has the Funyun been lining up?
In my belly!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, I guess if Nagler and Herman are both pointing out some struggles, they're there.

Just seems like (and maybe this was all prior to pads) there was talk about how the D usually is ahead of the O but this year has looked different. So it feels like a short memory situation there, but in terms of smoothness and efficiency (and drops), I could see it being an issue so far.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2020 14:49
Yeah, I guess if Nagler and Herman are both pointing out some struggles, they're there.

Just seems like (and maybe this was all prior to pads) there was talk about how the D usually is ahead of the O but this year has looked different. So it feels like a short memory situation there, but in terms of smoothness and efficiency (and drops), I could see it being an issue so far.
I remember thinking that too that we heard how much more together the offense was this year over last year.

But I think what they were meaning is lack of mental mistakes. Lack of false starts. And lack of not knowing the plays and miscommunication etc.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.