AJ Dillion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Sep 2023 09:54
I will say that objectively, I agree with Lupe that we could go cheap at the position and draft a couple RBs and likely survive if not thrive.

Emotionally and in terms of the impact Jones has, i would pay him MVS/Lazard money—$10-11M per year for a 3-year extension. I’d wince at it. But I’d do it.

Dillon I’d do for like very minimum with some incentives if that’s the way we chose to do it.

Regardless, we’ll be drafting a RB or two this year
I would treat Dillon about how I treated my old 68 Dodge ramcharger, I'd pop that hood, remove the radiator cap, drag that old rammer to the dump, and slide a newer turbocharged truck in and replace the radiator cap :)

actually I supported trading Dillon and a pick to the Colts for Taylor, next year give Jones 21 mil on a 3 year contract, we need a new feature back, and Taylor is ready made, he and Jones would be a formidable combo, if ya depend on the run game as much as we do ya can't afford a decline doing it.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
I will say that objectively, I agree with Lupe that we could go cheap at the position and draft a couple RBs and likely survive if not thrive.

Emotionally and in terms of the impact Jones has, i would pay him MVS/Lazard money—$10-11M per year for a 3-year extension. I’d wince at it. But I’d do it.

Dillon I’d do for like very minimum with some incentives if that’s the way we chose to do it.

Yeah, Jones' versatility in both running and passing game make him harder to replace than most RBs. Plus now he's benefiting from the relatively low wear and tear for the age.

But still a long term contract with multi-year guarantees is pretty much out of the picture. I could see a vet WR2, WR3 -level contract. When the day comes that his quickness goes, there goes all the impact.

Dillon simply goes down too easy. The hopes of him turning into a rampaging monster are about gone, he's more of a gentle giant. Hopefully he gets sees what's said about him and realizes he needs to play with FIRE the rest of the season or lose all hopes of a big payday here or elsewhere.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Sep 2023 11:06
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah, Jones' versatility in both running and passing game make him harder to replace than most RBs. Plus now he's benefiting from the relatively low wear and tear for the age.

But still a long term contract with multi-year guarantees is pretty much out of the picture. I could see a vet WR2, WR3 -level contract. When the day comes that his quickness goes, there goes all the impact.

Dillon simply goes down too easy. The hopes of him turning into a rampaging monster are about gone, he's more of a gentle giant. Hopefully he gets sees what's said about him and realizes he needs to play with FIRE the rest of the season or lose all hopes of a big payday here or elsewhere.
Yeah. Jones showed what makes him special on that non-bootleg screen pass on Sunday. A lot of RBs could've gotten 10-15 yards without a problem. But Jones knew how to turn on the burners and utilize his blockers very well. He got 50+ yards. That was a special run and shows how Jones still has it.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I'm officially done with Dillon. This was his chance and he tripped all over himself again. AND he got Jenkins hurt by running into his legs. :bkw:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yeah he's not great. Would have rather just kept Jamal Williams this whole time.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
17 Sep 2023 15:44
Yeah he's not great. Would have rather just kept Jamal Williams this whole time.
Bingo. Jamaal was a great teammate, brought juice to the sideline, and can definitely finish at the goalline. Became a good pass catcher too.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Strike 2. 1 more and out.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
17 Sep 2023 21:29
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But for Dillon:

:bkw: :bkw: :bkw:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
Geeze. I wish Dillon was able to span that much distance on his falls.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Sep 2023 06:03
Geeze. I wish Dillon was able to span that much distance on his falls.
The kid fell forward like 5 yards! Sign her up!

Meanwhile Dillon:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
:rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’ve never seen a player fall from fan graces so fast. He does run goofy now tho. Like he wants to be Aaron Jones when he’s not. He needs to lose his second left foot and just put one foot in front of the other. I still think he was doing enough for us to keep moving the chains if we would have kept giving him chance after chance.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Sep 2023 14:06
I’ve never seen a player fall from fan graces so fast. He does run goofy now tho. Like he wants to be Aaron Jones when he’s not. He needs to lose his second left foot and just put one foot in front of the other. I still think he was doing enough for us to keep moving the chains if we would have kept giving him chance after chance.
when ya figure out why we drafted a RB like Dillon, please share, Lafleur said as soon as he got here we'd use more outside zone schemes, so why draft a one cut and go inside zone RB like Dillon, not only doesn't he see or have patience for stretch runs, he lacks the speed for it, Dillon does OK when he is kept clean and has the open space to build up his power to push the pile.

and he looks slower now then he did his first 2 seasons.

we need the juice that Jones brings, problem is he may not be able to stay as healthy as he has in the past, my point is without him Dillon and the rest just are not able to get a defense to honor our run game, and that will make passing harder.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Tons of opinions on this one from people. But the 1 thing I want to see Dillon do in this case is just GO! I get blocking is breaking down and holes closing. This is where he just needs to go full steam ahead and run some people over. Run the place the play is designed to go. If the OL screws it up, so be it. If not, make Falcon pay.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Maybe Yoop stumbled onto something.

I don’t think that Dillon lacks for talent. But, as I mentioned last week, are the Packers utilizing his strengths well? Or is he a victim of scheme that doesn’t suit him best? The reason that I ask this is because it does seem like he is playing slower than when he started. Is it possible he just isn’t comfortable with the scheme at this point? Better players have probably been slowed by such things.

Anyhow, before we collectively gripe about Dillon, I think this bears convo please.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
18 Sep 2023 14:46
Tons of opinions on this one from people. But the 1 thing I want to see Dillon do in this case is just GO! I get blocking is breaking down and holes closing. This is where he just needs to go full steam ahead and run some people over. Run the place the play is designed to go. If the OL screws it up, so be it. If not, make Falcon pay.
yep dancing is not allowed, true it looks like gap blocking, so a quick footed RB would have hole choice, but that not AJ strong suit, in his defense the blocking closed up fast, but he has to get the feet churning and bang the crease.

to me he just looks slower then he use to be, possibly because he has to think more, in the inside zone runs all he has to do is take off towards the front side of the run lane, then cut back and up the A or B gap and go, all the while building a head of steam, to me that is what Dillon is best at, and all we should ask him to do.

thing is we are now using so much more Man to man blocking versus zone, and I think Dillon will always struggle with that, at least thats how it seems to me.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

paco wrote:
Shoulda been challenged for spot, also Newman wtf

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Yeah Newman blows the block. And I agree we should have at the least asked for a measurement so we could decide whether to challenge the spot or not. Instead we do the cluster f$#& hurry up.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lake shark wrote:
18 Sep 2023 16:29
paco wrote:
Shoulda been challenged for spot, also Newman wtf
To me, this has been the thing I have been primarily blaming for the loss. The refs seemed to have a problem spotting the ball yesterday but AJ Dillon got the 1st down and then we just did that stupid clown show play on 4th without even considering that Dillon might have gotten it. Announcers and camera crew didn't even think of it either.