Saints @ Packers GDT: Sunday Sep 24 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
22 Sep 2023 10:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Sep 2023 15:16
BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2023 14:59
I double checked the Steelers on this one and this is definitely wrong.

Packers had 3 against Chicago and 4 against Atlanta including the 4 and out.

Not sure where Sharp is getting 14 from. This is disappointing as now I can't take his numbers without checking. :idn:
Is it possible this is 3 and outs defenses have caused, not how many the offense has had?
No, Packers are very low on that list with 3.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Hopefully, we can overcome MLF’s lack of ability to coach during the game and win this one at home! Having the noise on our side should be a huge benefit to the offense.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Jones did go back inside though, while it seemed like Watson stayed out. So who knows. Someone also speculated by practice this week that Bak might be playing. :idn:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

that sounds better, we need both these guys.

I was impressed with the Niners last night, when ya have a stable like they do of skill position talent, then losing one or two can be over come, even without there #1 receiver they needed nothing more then they had last night to cruse to 3 or 4 score victories, course a top 5 defense doesn't hurt either, point is there very good at scoring, and that defense doesn't fold.

they have accomplished a goal we set out to do since 2014 :thwap:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

You go from Bakh-Jenkins as your starters, arguably the best left-side of an OL in the league, to Walker-Newman/Rhyan... we can't just let one side of the OL fall off a cliff that badly, right? We gotta play Tom at LT, at least until Bakh gets back. That way, we have our best OL on the left side, at arguably the most important position on the 'line, next to your weakest link, then you have Walker (who has been doing okay) next to a reliably solid starter.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Sep 2023 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Labrev wrote:
22 Sep 2023 13:26
You go from Bakh-Jenkins as your starters, arguably the best left-side of an OL in the league, to Walker-Newman/Rhyan... we can't just let one side of the OL fall off a cliff that badly, right? We gotta play Tom at LT, at least until Bakh gets back. That way, we have our best OL on the left side, at arguably the most important position on the 'line, next to your weakest link, then you have Walker (who has been doing okay) next to a reliably solid starter.
Idk. This one is tough. I don't want to over think it like they didn't in the playoffs and move everyone around. Walker was good. Let him play and not move him around.

Really the pass pro is fine. Run blocking and moving ppl hasn't been our game. I would like to see upgrades inside in the future with more power. Myers isn't the answer at center. The guards outside of Jenkins are just average imo.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Gunzaan wrote:
22 Sep 2023 11:39
Hopefully, we can overcome MLF’s lack of ability to coach during the game and win this one at home! Having the noise on our side should be a huge benefit to the offense.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the defense will determine Sunday's winner at Lambeau. The D line must dominate the line of scrimmage all day.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I know that nothing is certain until Sunday. But “questionable” usually means that the guy will play, barring any setback between now and kickoff. Or, at least, he will start (if he’s a starter). Only God knows whether the guys will finish the game or not.

I’m trying to decide if Watson or Jones are more important to our scheme on this particular Sunday. But Bahktiari is crucial if we hope to have any consistent running and keeping Love clean.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Sep 2023 15:51
I know that nothing is certain until Sunday. But “questionable” usually means that the guy will play, barring any setback between now and kickoff. Or, at least, he will start (if he’s a starter). Only God knows whether the guys will finish the game or not.

I’m trying to decide if Watson or Jones are more important to our scheme on this particular Sunday. But Bahktiari is crucial if we hope to have any consistent running and keeping Love clean.
Questionable means nothing in the NFL. To this day I don’t understand why they removed probable. Last week Watson, Bak, and Jones were all questionable and none of them played.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Sep 2023 23:09
Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Sep 2023 15:51

Questionable means nothing in the NFL. To this day I don’t understand why they removed probable. Last week Watson, Bak, and Jones were all questionable and none of them played.
The thing to look at is if they practiced. And if so, whether it was a full practice or a limited practice. “questionable” means just that, 50% chance. Unless it is Bakh in which case it is 25%.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I doubt Bak plays. Whatever. I'm to the point he's not really an option at least til later in the year so let Walker grow

We need the other players to get out there

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
23 Sep 2023 08:11
I doubt Bak plays. Whatever. I'm to the point he's not really an option at least til later in the year so let Walker grow

We need the other players to get out there
Pretty much, yep. I don’t expect big things from the Packers this year and I certainly don’t expect Bakh to be back next year, at least not with how his knee has been. Soooo……

It’s a growth season for our youth. Let them grow, and let us all experience their growing pains.

Then watch out next year…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

just wait till next year, next year this, next year that :lol: always been a instant gratification type rascal myself, promises to often turn empty, it's the road or the highway, no one gets to sit in the ditch to contemplate what might be :lol:

I tend to think we should play the new guys in the blow outs, it's a Teddy T. type a thing :woohoo:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If anyone is going to the game tomorrow, come stop on down and grab fireball shot ski and beer on your way into the stadium.

I’ll be helping out at the VFW tailgate spot as usual tomorrow morning.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Good morning! Game Day! :banana:

IMG_6601.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 314 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »