Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Weird denial by the Bears of the Halas raid.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:46
Rams sending Akers to the Vikes for a swap of draft picks. Geesh.
2026 pick swap.

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2023 18:30
Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:46
Rams sending Akers to the Vikes for a swap of draft picks. Geesh.
2026 pick swap.
Is that when the Rams actually have a pick?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:
20 Sep 2023 15:57
paco wrote:
20 Sep 2023 13:43
I love the Bears. So much.
Translation.

The coaches want me to play like an NFL QB and read a defense and make an anticipatory throw, throw a guy open, on time in structure with good footwork.

But I just wanna go out there and wing it and move around and wait till I see someone to throw it to.
Love to see it. I knew on draft night when they picked him that it would end up like this. Hopefully they give him at least 2023 and 2024 still before turning the page!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Throwing Getsky under the bus. Well done, Mr. NFL-Isn't-Fast-To-Me...

Gotta love it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

His answer does not sound quite as bad when I listen to it in full. Like, it does not sound like he is blaming the coaches so much as saying that applying their coach has been a struggle. I will be charitable and assume he means to take responsibility for that issue.

But the thing about him not wanting to think too much while playing and such, that does sound like him trying to resist learning to do the things that NFL QBs have to do. Not good.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

And I gotta say, I was never a big believer in Getsy. I can't really think of anything during his time with us that makes me think we really had something with the guy. Stenovich, before his promotion to OC, I could definitely see he had some kind of magic with the OL; he could have that year's UDFA or practice squad guys step in at a moment's notice and play passably well.

I can't think of anything similar to be a believer in Getsy. I feel like he largely just rode Rodgers's coattails, much like Hackett did. At least Hackett had that one year of success with our red-zone offense (before it regressed on his watch). Getsy was just... there.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Me thinks that Fields is just talking too much. He isn't throwing his coaches under the bus. He's just saying that he doesn't want to think too much on the field.

I suppose the ideal situation for any QB is to train and educate him in practice very well, so that when he goes onto the game field he can recognize any given situation and respond naturally or quickly to that. I don't know that Chicago ever has had a QB that does well in that way.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's funny, I should be happy that Fields is a bust, and the moment they drafted him, I glibly assured myself that CHI is going to botch their newest QB experiment.

But I actually kind of hate this. Don't get me wrong, glad CHI has not solved their QB problem. 'Very glad about that part. Yet I am kind of lamenting the way a QB prospect with enticing tools has gone to waste because of their incompetence.

Sure, Fields may not have panned out for any other team; it's quite possible the kid just does not have it. If it were possible, though, I wish he could have realized his potential with some AFC team. If the Bears do pull the plug, I hope he has his Gannon/Geno arc... again, in the other conference.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
21 Sep 2023 08:20
His answer does not sound quite as bad when I listen to it in full. Like, it does not sound like he is blaming the coaches so much as saying that applying their coach has been a struggle. I will be charitable and assume he means to take responsibility for that issue.

But the thing about him not wanting to think too much while playing and such, that does sound like him trying to resist learning to do the things that NFL QBs have to do. Not good.
when it comes to football, if ya thinking ya stinking :rotf:

Fields has been behind &%$@ blocking since day one, and for a guy with the wheels he has who would expect a different outcome, it's read one and run, stevie Wonder could have seen this coming, and now everyone is assigning blame, seems normal to me. :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We are about 3 weeks/losses away from Fields accusing Getzy of being a racist. Enjoy the show.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

So now Pat McAfee says his sources confirmed an FBI raid did take place at Alan William's home, but Alan's attorney implied yesterday it did not.

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-legal-actio ... 28819.html
Williams retained representation from Andrew M. Stroth, a Chicago-based sports attorney who's worked with the Bears in past situations. In this case, Stroth declared himself Williams' attorney.
"There is absolutely no criminal activity," Stroth said on 670 the Score with Parkins & Spiegel. "There are no criminal allegations. There has been no raid on Halas Hall. None of that is true."

Stroth said his presence in the matter is because of the "false accusations and rumors that are being circulated on social media."
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
21 Sep 2023 10:20
It's funny, I should be happy that Fields is a bust, and the moment they drafted him, I glibly assured myself that CHI is going to botch their newest QB experiment.

But I actually kind of hate this. Don't get me wrong, glad CHI has not solved their QB problem. 'Very glad about that part. Yet I am kind of lamenting the way a QB prospect with enticing tools has gone to waste because of their incompetence.

Sure, Fields may not have panned out for any other team; it's quite possible the kid just does not have it. If it were possible, though, I wish he could have realized his potential with some AFC team. If the Bears do pull the plug, I hope he has his Gannon/Geno arc... again, in the other conference.
You kinda touch on one of my things about competition. I see the NFL ideally as a league where every player is excellent. And THEN the Packers still beat every team! Nothing better about a superior team than to beat other excellent teams and players.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
21 Sep 2023 12:38
So now Pat McAfee says his sources confirmed an FBI raid did take place at Alan William's home, but Alan's attorney implied yesterday it did not.

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-legal-actio ... 28819.html
Williams retained representation from Andrew M. Stroth, a Chicago-based sports attorney who's worked with the Bears in past situations. In this case, Stroth declared himself Williams' attorney.
"There is absolutely no criminal activity," Stroth said on 670 the Score with Parkins & Spiegel. "There are no criminal allegations. There has been no raid on Halas Hall. None of that is true."

Stroth said his presence in the matter is because of the "false accusations and rumors that are being circulated on social media."
Yeah wtf is going on with this story

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Geez

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cowboys lost Trevon Diggs to an ACL yesterday at practice. That's a huge loss for them.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
08 May 2023 19:21
Andrew Luck (or some mock account, I didn’t bother to look) having some fun with the reemergence of his name and potential return talk in football media… :lol:

Update:

It’s a mock account narrating Andrew Luck’s football and life events in the form of a Civil War era persona. And it’s hilarious! I recommend clicking the account and reading through some of the posts.

How have I not heard of this account until now?!?
I love this...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Mike Daniels doing some tweeting today.

RIP JustJeff