I'm Back

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Papa John
Reactions:

I'm Back

Post by Papa John »

Hello All,

I realize that it's been some time since my face has graced your computer screens. Somewhere along the line I lost touch, and with the demise of the old forum (packersnews.net), I was left a Packer fan without a home. Like a lone wolf roaming the desolate Rockies, I had to embrace stoicism- from the gut-wrenching NFC Championship losses to the end of AR's career as a Packer and everything in between, I dealt with it all on my own.
I won't lie to you, those losses hit me hard. I had to fight, $%@#, and drink damn near everything in sight just to get my mind off of them. God knows I've been to hell and back these past few years. But lucky for you all, now I'm back and better than ever. Thanks to a friend of a friend for tipping me off about Packers Huddle.

So now please allow me to reintroduce myself.

The name's Papa John but I also go by Big Pops, Big Papa, Big P, or Don Juan el Grande.

I've got a silver tongue that could sell hot dogs to ISIS.
I've got the moves that would leave the Jackson 5 out crying in the dark.
I've got the strength that Schwarzenegger wishes he had in his subconscious thoughts.
And ladies, I ain't much to look at but I've got a lot of money. ;)

One of my goals here with this new forum is for my fellow posters to regard me as forum leader. As Forum Alpha, I pledge to provide an emotional experience for our forum family, week-in and week-out. I will tell you right now that you aren't always going to like the reality checks- but you will end up even stronger and better than you've ever been, and maybe one day you can get to the point where I am now. Like a good father figure, I am going to push you all to become better versions of yourselves. Just know that I do it with love.

And with that, I'd like to offer a toast to packers-huddle and the 2023 Packers :beer2: . Because this forum is a family. And every family needs a Papa.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Welcome “back” PaPa. I see you’re coming in with style!

I don’t know what you’ve experienced in the past couple of years. But I’m glad that you’re here. If you need any encouragement along the way…
:-)

(You knew me in the old forum as grace1st.)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Goddamnit that had me laughing.

Welcome back, sir. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Very nice

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Welcome back Pops.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Get your ass back in charge of Here’s Johnny

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Well I'll be...! Welcome back! :beer2:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Welcome back! :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What the hell. There is no way this is real. It has been YEARS. I make a comment and 2 days later the prog..the progidal son returns?!
image.png
image.png (439.77 KiB) Viewed 5750 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa you look great. Your avatar hasn't aged a day since 2013.

How do you do it?!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Papa!

Since you disappeared, I've tried to continue your legacy of Here's Johnny.

It's been fun, but you left us with no tiebreaker rules. Could we please have some?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Beautiful…just beautiful.

Welcome back, Don Juan el Grande!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Finally Papa comes back, where's the Pizza for crying out loud :lol:

welcome back :aok:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

With grace, humility and the full force of understatement, Papa John returns. 🙂 Looking forward to your long-missed wisdom, insight and levity.

Welcome Back!! :kaboom:
GO PACK GO!!!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Sep 2023 08:39
Papa!

It's been fun, but you left us with no tiebreaker rules. Could we please have some?
Sal, I appreciate your holding down the fort these past few years. Here's the solution.

- In the event that multiple contestants are tied for the most number of Here's Johnny wins at the conclusion of the season, there will be an additional round of voting. Each contestant in question will present his body of work to the people for their consideration. For example, say 2 contestants are tied at the end of the season with 3 wins apiece. Each contestant will list each of his 3 wins (Name of Player vs. Name of Opposing Team, and Week)- example (Offensive Line vs. 49ers, Week 12), and will make the pitch to the people as to why his body of work is most deserving of a Here's Johnny Championship. Contestants are free to post highlights, statistics, analysis- anything to sell the people on their body of work.
The people will then vote for the contestant whose body of work they believe best meets the Here's Johnny criteria, as a whole. We repeat this process for as many rounds as is necessary to determine a winner.

If you find that more clarification is needed, come back to me for additional guidance in the event of another tie.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
23 Sep 2023 13:23
salmar80 wrote:
23 Sep 2023 08:39
Papa!

Sal, I appreciate your holding down the fort these past few years. Here's the solution.

- In the event that multiple contestants are tied for the most number of Here's Johnny wins at the conclusion of the season, there will be an additional round of voting. Each contestant in question will present his body of work to the people for their consideration. For example, say 2 contestants are tied at the end of the season with 3 wins apiece. Each contestant will list each of his 3 wins (Name of Player vs. Name of Opposing Team, and Week)- example (Offensive Line vs. 49ers, Week 12), and will make the pitch to the people as to why his body of work is most deserving of a Here's Johnny Championship. Contestants are free to post highlights, statistics, analysis- anything to sell the people on their body of work.
The people will then vote for the contestant whose body of work they believe best meets the Here's Johnny criteria, as a whole. We repeat this process for as many rounds as is necessary to determine a winner.

If you find that more clarification is needed, come back to me for additional guidance in the event of another tie.
awe man, I just wanna know what the winless members get, is there a participation award? :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Papa John wrote:
22 Sep 2023 15:49
Hello All,

I realize that it's been some time since my face has graced your computer screens. Somewhere along the line I lost touch, and with the demise of the old forum (packersnews.net), I was left a Packer fan without a home. Like a lone wolf roaming the desolate Rockies, I had to embrace stoicism- from the gut-wrenching NFC Championship losses to the end of AR's career as a Packer and everything in between, I dealt with it all on my own.
I won't lie to you, those losses hit me hard. I had to fight, $%@#, and drink damn near everything in sight just to get my mind off of them. God knows I've been to hell and back these past few years. But lucky for you all, now I'm back and better than ever. Thanks to a friend of a friend for tipping me off about Packers Huddle.

So now please allow me to reintroduce myself.

The name's Papa John but I also go by Big Pops, Big Papa, Big P, or Don Juan el Grande.

I've got a silver tongue that could sell hot dogs to ISIS.
I've got the moves that would leave the Jackson 5 out crying in the dark.
I've got the strength that Schwarzenegger wishes he had in his subconscious thoughts.
And ladies, I ain't much to look at but I've got a lot of money. ;)

One of my goals here with this new forum is for my fellow posters to regard me as forum leader. As Forum Alpha, I pledge to provide an emotional experience for our forum family, week-in and week-out. I will tell you right now that you aren't always going to like the reality checks- but you will end up even stronger and better than you've ever been, and maybe one day you can get to the point where I am now. Like a good father figure, I am going to push you all to become better versions of yourselves. Just know that I do it with love.

And with that, I'd like to offer a toast to packers-huddle and the 2023 Packers :beer2: . Because this forum is a family. And every family needs a Papa.
What, no internet at Waupun? :rotf:

Welcome from the other side.