Saints @ Packers GDT: Sunday Sep 24 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2023 08:53
Backthepack4ever wrote:
23 Sep 2023 08:11
I doubt Bak plays. Whatever. I'm to the point he's not really an option at least til later in the year so let Walker grow

We need the other players to get out there
Pretty much, yep. I don’t expect big things from the Packers this year and I certainly don’t expect Bakh to be back next year, at least not with how his knee has been. Soooo……

It’s a growth season for our youth. Let them grow, and let us all experience their growing pains.

Then watch out next year…
Where I agree next year is what really matters it’s extremely important this team makes the playoffs. They need that experience. The North and the NFC for that matter is wide open so it shouldn’t be a difficult task to make it.

Even next year they’re gonna have a huge cap deficit when they release Bak. They need to learn to overcome handicaps set by our GM.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I disagree with that, their cap is fine.

I expect them to be buyers in FA next year. Guessing a starting safety.

Maybe a resign of Runyan or other starting guard.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 08:35
APB wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:
I doubt Bak plays. Whatever. I'm to the point he's not really an option at least til later in the year so let Walker grow

Pretty much, yep. I don’t expect big things from the Packers this year and I certainly don’t expect Bakh to be back next year, at least not with how his knee has been. Soooo……

It’s a growth season for our youth. Let them grow, and let us all experience their growing pains.

Where I agree next year is what really matters it’s extremely important this team makes the playoffs. They need that experience. The North and the NFC for that matter is wide open so it shouldn’t be a difficult task to make it.
Absolutely. Every bit of experience, to include a playoff run, is beneficial and getting into the tournament is certainly achievable with the general middling quality of teams in the NFC.

When I say “I don’t expect big things” from the team this year, I mean I don’t expect them to compete for a championship. I still very much want to see them go for it, though, and realize the growth that goes along with it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 08:35
APB wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Even next year they’re gonna have a huge cap deficit when they release Bak. They need to learn to overcome handicaps set by our GM.
what makes us so different then any other team near the end of a window, the GM did what any GM would do, he kicked contract money to the future in order to keep the talent together for one more try, the problem was that he didn't have enough left to resign the top receiver, and had not brought in suitable replacements prior, now people have thrown blame about that in every direction, thing is had we been able to keep Adams I doubt anyone would have made a different choice.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Sometimes working in the hospitality business pays off. Today a guest had a Vikings jersey on, and I got to "innocently" ask how the season's going... And tell 'em traveling halfway across the world and to the Arctic Circle won't save you from Packers fans. :mrgreen:

We ended up agreeing Cousins' contract is a trap, and that da Bears still suck, lately even worse than usual.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Looking like Jones and Watson both out warming up and stretching 🤞🏻

They gotta be out there for JLoves first game at Lambeau.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 10:23
Looking like Jones and Watson both out warming up and stretching 🤞🏻

They gotta be out there for JLoves first game at Lambeau.
Negative.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

At least Jaire... oh, wait.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Packers inactives
WR Christian Watson
CB Jaire Alexander
RB Aaron Jones
S Anthony Johnson Jr.
S Zayne Anderson
T David Bakhtiari
G Elgton Jenkins

Saints inactives
WR A.T. Perry
CB Paulson Adebo
OL Nick Saldiveri
TE Foster Moreau
DE Kyle Phillips

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

This is going to be a tall task to win today with
5 starters out. I just hope the guys play well and nobody else gets hurt.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Next man up! I still expect to win. D has to hound Carr all day. This time hang on to the picks when he offers them.

Go Pack Go!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 10:32
At least Jaire... oh, wait.

Missing so much top talent at the beginning of the season. Jordan Love not getting the A team together is rough.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'll be honest, the injury news is pretty soul crushing. I expect a close one, but I don't think the Packers will be able to keep up in the 4th quarter. Love throws his first INT this week (even though he threw one that should have been picked off last week) and the Packers lose the TO battle, overall. I do think AJ Dillon rebounds a little bit on the grass surface and at home, but not enough to make a difference. Unfortunately, the tipping point might be Special Teams and I will give New Orleans a strong lean, despite the Packers respectable play, so far in those units.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Cool cool

Cool

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 10:57
Missing so much top talent at the beginning of the season. Jordan Love not getting the A team together is rough.
Seeing the Packers limp into the playoffs with some of those beat up rosters, I would much rather get healthy later than be healthy now.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Feels like we're bringing a knife to a gun fight in this one. From what I have seen of Jordan Love thus far, it is the tale of 2 Loves. Love with the stout offensive line play vs Love under pressure. Like most NFL QB's, give him time and he will make good throws. From what I have seen though, he struggles against the blitz. He is going to need to figure that out if he wants to take his game to the next level. Today will be a challenge, but if LaFleur is worth his salt (I don't think he is), he'll have crafted an offensive game plan that sets Love up for success, even if he is missing some weapons. I want to see Jordan navigate the pocket under pressure and keep his eyes downfield, and not just put his head down and run at the first sign of pressure.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Papa John wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:03
From what I have seen though, he struggles against the blitz. He is going to need to figure that out if he wants to take his game to the next level. Today will be a challenge, but if LaFleur is worth his salt (I don't think he is), he'll have crafted an offensive game plan that sets Love up for success, even if he is missing some weapons. I want to see Jordan navigate the pocket under pressure and keep his eyes downfield, and not just put his head down and run at the first sign of pressure.
This is where I subscribe to the [mention]Yoop[/mention] theory in terms of weapons. As short-handed as they are, there is only so much an offensive game planner/play caller can do. Scoring early and playing with a lead is about the only thing I think that can really help Jordan in this one. A close game in the 4th or playing from behind will allow New Orleans just to bring it play after play and the Packers just don't have the answers available to consistently beat it.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

1, 2, 3, 6 & 8.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1402

:messedup:

Read More. Post Less.