Saints @ Packers GDT: Sunday Sep 24 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 10:32
At least Jaire... oh, wait.

That’s not the kick in the pants I was looking for this morning

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We shouldn't have lost last week.

We shouldn't win this week.

:munch:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:06
Papa John wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:03
From what I have seen though, he struggles against the blitz. He is going to need to figure that out if he wants to take his game to the next level. Today will be a challenge, but if LaFleur is worth his salt (I don't think he is), he'll have crafted an offensive game plan that sets Love up for success, even if he is missing some weapons. I want to see Jordan navigate the pocket under pressure and keep his eyes downfield, and not just put his head down and run at the first sign of pressure.
This is where I subscribe to the @Yoop theory in terms of weapons. As short-handed as they are, there is only so much an offensive game planner/play caller can do. Scoring early and playing with a lead is about the only thing I think that can really help Jordan in this one. A close game in the 4th or playing from behind will allow New Orleans just to bring it play after play and the Packers just don't have the answers available to consistently beat it.
I am not expecting a win today. But there still are some things I want to see out of this unit. I want to see LaFleur put his thinking cap on and innovate on the fly, even if we don't have the pigs. But if we are down in the second half and the camera cuts to him with the deer in the headlights on the verge of tears look on his face, staring into the the abyss while Jim Bob is out there whooping our ass up to Appleton, Papa gonna be PISSED.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Did the Packers call up any CBs from the PS? I'm looking at the Packers.com depth chart and the only CBs listed on the active roster are Rasul, Nixon, and Valentine.

Please tell me they're fielding more than 3 friggin' CBs on the gameday roster...?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:35
Did the Packers call up any CBs from the PS? I'm looking at the Packers.com depth chart and the only CBs listed on the active roster are Rasul, Nixon, and Valentine.

I hope they're fielding more than 3 friggin' CBs on the gameday roster...?
Ballentine for one.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:35

Please tell me they're fielding more than 3 friggin' CBs on the gameday roster...?
Ballentine.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'm gonna moan with the rest of you guys. If we had to pick which players to NOT have inactive, maybe only Clark and Love are the ones we would not pick. The rest are THE guys that we want to play.

Gonna really need our LOS guys to win the battle today for the remainder to do well. At least I do think that we should be able to score some points today.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We are hampered, but at home.

I have no idea how the Saints are this year. Carr strikes no fear, but the rest of the roster is good.

LFG!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Looks like we are prioritizing the Lions Thursday game over this one by holding one players on the fence.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Papa John wrote:
Feels like we're bringing a knife to a gun fight in this one. From what I have seen of Jordan Love thus far, it is the tale of 2 Loves. Love with the stout offensive line play vs Love under pressure. Like most NFL QB's, give him time and he will make good throws. From what I have seen though, he struggles against the blitz. He is going to need to figure that out if he wants to take his game to the next level. Today will be a challenge, but if LaFleur is worth his salt (I don't think he is), he'll have crafted an offensive game plan that sets Love up for success, even if he is missing some weapons. I want to see Jordan navigate the pocket under pressure and keep his eyes downfield, and not just put his head down and run at the first sign of pressure.
With 2 starters on the left side of the line out and no Jones or Watson Love will have his hands full. If ever there was a week when we need the D to show up it is today.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:58

I have no idea how the Saints are this year. Carr strikes no fear, but the rest of the roster is good.

LFG!
Yeah, let’s go!! Jordan Love’s first home start. Make it happen.

Read More. Post Less.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:58

LFG!
Watched their game last week, we’ll as much as I could stand to. Couldn’t tell if it was 2 outstanding defenses or just a lot of really bad football.

I tend to think it was 2 good defenses and 2 inept offenses going at it. A Carr led offense never scares me, but a Barry lead defense worries me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:06
Papa John wrote:
From what I have seen though, he struggles against the blitz. He is going to need to figure that out if he wants to take his game to the next level. Today will be a challenge, but if LaFleur is worth his salt (I don't think he is), he'll have crafted an offensive game plan that sets Love up for success, even if he is missing some weapons. I want to see Jordan navigate the pocket under pressure and keep his eyes downfield, and not just put his head down and run at the first sign of pressure.
This is where I subscribe to the @Yoop theory in terms of weapons. As short-handed as they are, there is only so much an offensive game planner/play caller can do. Scoring early and playing with a lead is about the only thing I think that can really help Jordan in this one. A close game in the 4th or playing from behind will allow New Orleans just to bring it play after play and the Packers just don't have the answers available to consistently beat it.
just to many starters out, we need some gadget plays the Saints lack film of, lots of up tempo quick hitters or LOve will be running for his life, we've won in tougher situations so I'am still optimistic.

GO PACK GO :aok:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

GO PACK GO :kaboom:
GO PACK GO!!!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Next man up! I expect a win!

Pugger
Reactions: