Here's Johnny - Week 3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Kraft
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Love. If this isn’t unanimous, you are doing this wrong.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

1) Love, for bringing the juice!

2) Gary, 3 sacks and knocking out Carr
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Juice Man gets my vote.

Rashan Gary gets honorable mention
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Love, no doubt.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Love. If you can't see that he isn't A guy, if not THE guy, then you aren't watching.

Gary and Doubs both with honorable mentions
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Has to be Love.

Any other week, it would’ve been Gary. But not this one.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

No it does not have to be Love. #1 Love is the QB and this is supposed to be a contest that favors an exceptional individual performance from the player. This is what we should expect from the best QB in the league, which is what he is so far this year. We didn't vote for Rodgers when he had a typical came for him, why should we vote for Love on a typical game? He did not have a 400 yard 4 TD game with no turnovers, which is what it should take for the QB to win.

3 sacks Gary gets my vote. Coming off an ACL which would have kept most other players on PUP. This is a once in a season performance, this is as good as it gets.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Sep 2023 16:48
This is what we should expect from the best QB in the league, which is what he is so far this year.
- Vince Lombardi

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Love. Clutch when he needed to be and becoming the man!

Gary honorable mention

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
No it does not have to be Love. #1 Love is the QB and this is supposed to be a contest that favors an exceptional individual performance from the player. This is what we should expect from the best QB in the league, which is what he is so far this year. We didn't vote for Rodgers when he had a typical came for him, why should we vote for Love on a typical game? He did not have a 400 yard 4 TD game with no turnovers, which is what it should take for the QB to win.

3 sacks Gary gets my vote. Coming off an ACL which would have kept most other players on PUP. This is a once in a season performance, this is as good as it gets.
It was the largest 4th quarter comeback in franchise history - without his All Pro LT, Pro Bowl LG, playmaking RB1, ascending WR1 and at the end ascending RT. What part of that is "typical"?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I feel like the TD catch and the sideline catch win it for Doubs.

Love had one of his worst performances as a pro.

The D allowed the comeback.

I'm all about the grittiness, but it's Doubs' performance for me that deserves the call-out today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:24

I'm all about the grittiness, but it's Doubs' performance for me that deserves the call-out today.
The only reason I didn't say Doubs is because Reed also had some great plays. Both had a great game. Reed was one almost catch away from sealing it for me.

So I went with Love because this dude is just cool as a cucumber.
Yoop wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

YoHoChecko wrote:
Buuuuuut...he also pulled off an improbable, franchise-best, 4th quarter comeback. We just ended a 15-year run with a Hall of Fame quarterback who had exactly one win like this.
- Vince Lombardi

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I can already tell this is going to be a close vote. While I agree Love's performance was not great, he did keep his composure and made some really nice plays in the 4th quarter.

The reason I'm voting for him is because there was no way I ever thought he would lead us to victory. I'm shocked we won this game and he showed me that he may be special too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:39
Love. If you can't see that he isn't A guy, if not THE guy, then you aren't watching.

Gary and Doubs both with honorable mentions
Yeah, he’s already there. His poise and composure, confidence, taking care of the ball, with like an essential dumpster fire of weapons and OL with our injuries.

His floor is so high right now, don’t think I’ve seen something that would dictate a ceiling yet.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:

I picked Doubs, so I’ll take it, but I feel like you have to throw the stats out with Love for the disproportionate amount of bad situations that he was put in that we’re not his fault. Definitely missed some throws and had the arm punt, but I just don’t know how you can look at the stats and say that was the story of the game.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Love didn’t have a statistically impressive game.

Love did, however, have an incredibly composed and clutch-when-we-needed-it type performance. A comeback for the ages type performance.

That, in his 4th career start.

I think his performance today qualifies within the parameters of this contest. He gets my vote.

BUT

…know this going forward.

Love has set a new bar for himself. It’ll be much harder for him to earn my vote next time. Those of you who tend to choose the top roster players in this “underdog” contest may want to keep that in mind.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I will also say Love missed big throws, but his WRs let him down, a lot, too. 4th quarter, 2-minute offense, everyone stops thinking and boom. A little home crowd and momentum and this train could not be stopped.

Read More. Post Less.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:12
TheSkeptic wrote:

It was the largest 4th quarter comeback in franchise history - without his All Pro LT, Pro Bowl LG, playmaking RB1, ascending WR1 and at the end ascending RT. What part of that is "typical"?
The D held the Saints O to 10 points. What part of that is insignificant?

And why is a scoreless first 3 quarters by the Packers O supposed to be lauded? Logically, the scores should have been 21-17 at the start of the 4th quarter.

fyi, I am NOT saying that what Love did was insignificant. It was significant. But what Gary did, 3 sacks when most other players would still be on PUP, was far and away better. If Gary was still on PUP as he logically would be, the Packers would have lost that game badly. Love did not win the game, the D led by Gary won that game. The D stopped the Saints cold in the 4th quarter, in case you forgot or did not notice. And Gary was the most important reason why the D was able to do that.