Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2023 09:43
BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2023 08:42
Any else have any targets?

Also, related to safety, can we just say that Savage has thus far--knock on wood--justified the 5th year option. He's being paid as a starting caliber non-star player and he's playing as a starting-caliber non-star player.
Darnell has played very well. I can only knock one play on him so far. The long pass in ATL. And honestly it surprised me because that play required physicality at the catch point and that has been exactly the largest area of improvement Savage has shown.

A very underrated play by Savage yesterday that has hardly gotten any discussion was his open field tackle on Thomas on the Saints final play before the field goal.

How many times have we seen our defense miss that tackle and let the receiver get a first down? That tackle forced the FG and ultimately helped lead to the win.

And how about that Kickoff tackle by Savage at like the 15 yardline?!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't know if I'm on board any significant moves at the trade deadline.

We're using this year to climb out of cap purgatory as it is and already committed to playing some young guys with an eye on the future. Picking up a guy like Ertz, for example, goes counter to everything being done this year as far as building for the future. He's not in it.

I could see Chinn, so long as it comes with an extension.

But if we're talking extensions, I'd just as soon work out something for Gary and Love before I worried about trading for a guy I need to extend for the deal to be worth it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
I know we've struggled without Jones in the running game, but I don't think a RB is worth a trade unless it's like a 6th round pick.
wha?????????

the only reason we won is because we quit running the football, and one of the reasons it was 17-zipe is because we couldn't run the ball.

we should have traded for Jon Taylor 2 weeks ago, I get no one seems to think we can go far this season, but anyone that makes the PO's has a outside chance to win it all, and any team can limp into the PO's these days.

also teams that draft RB's still miss at it, Taylor is still young, has low mileage, and with the cost of RB's being low or lower then other skill position players his production coupled with Jones should amount to great production, and also be a boon to Love and the receivers.

if all we can depend on from the defense is just to not lose games, then we need as potent a offense as we can put together.
I see no future for Dillon being able to provide that, and we need to be able to run.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

speaking of Loves extension, i think the Packers may have cost themselves a lot of money by not locking him up for the next few years on a deal he would have taken...something like 3 years, 70m, 60m guaranteed or something like that.

His next contract will probably be around 40m per. If he keeps up his good work.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
At S Jeremy Chinn would be amazing if we could get him and think we could keep him, but I'd struggle to give him an extension before we figure out what we're doing with Gary's deal and a couple others. Not that he'd break the bank, but still.
Have always loved his game and would be all for this trade. Knowing Barry, we wouldn't use him right and he wouldn't be worth re-signing, but definitely worth the swing. He has been hidden on a bad team, but I think he has always been a nice player.

Would have to look at the contract specifics, but if the wheels keep falling off in Tennessee, what about Derrick Henry? Aaron Jones paired with what AJ Dillon was supposed to be. Definitely against any of the TE you brought up. Honestly, if Carrington Valentine checks out OK, I would not hate the idea of trading Eric Stokes when he is healthy. Just doesn't seem to have a fit in this defense with Rasul completely taking over his spot.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2023 10:30
Would have to look at the contract specifics, but if the wheels keep falling off in Tennessee, what about Derrick Henry? Aaron Jones paired with what AJ Dillon was supposed to be.
He's in the final year of his contract, although two void years remaining, at a base of $10.5 mil.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2023 09:59
Honestly the way this team responds to Love gives me chills.

I don't think it's Rodgers fault that at 39 he didn't connect with a young team the way Love can. I know he put in way more effort at it in NY than in his final years in GB and that rubs me the wrong way a bit, but even if he tried his best, I don't think he could generate this kind of community and response of a team coming up together.

I mean the response to Gary getting the call was enthusiastic enough. And then they say Love and for the second time in 3 weeks of watching these videos, the locker room just ERUPTS.

This video of the guys in the locker room after the game was special. They do seem to rally around Love big time. :heart:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Any news on Campbell or Tom?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
25 Sep 2023 11:09
Not that I've seen. Updates will be hard to comeby this week. No media at practices on a short week. Injury reports are mostly speculation.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
25 Sep 2023 11:45
Pugger wrote:
25 Sep 2023 11:09
Not that I've seen. Updates will be hard to comeby this week. No media at practices on a short week. Injury reports are mostly speculation.
Yeah I think I saw that even the official injury report is based not on actual practice but on estimated hypothetical participation if on a regular practice schedule, since lots of Thursday game-weeks have modified practice schedules for all players, regardless of injuries.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It'd be interesting to see if Bakh can go but Tom can't if they'd just switch Walker from left to right or if he's more one-sided as a young player and Yosh would get the call at RT.

Don't have big feels about it either way, but just would be interesting to see.

I also wonder if Bakh's knee swelling is something that still hasn't gone down, or if they just knew it swells between games and wouldn't be ready on a short week and they know he can go Thursday and has plenty of recovery time.

I think Watson and Jones will be back after limited practice participation last week. Would be good to get the gang back together for Lions week.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

What is the injury reporting schedule look like for a Thursday game again?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2023 11:55
What is the injury reporting schedule look like for a Thursday game again?

?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
25 Sep 2023 10:56
YoHoChecko wrote:

I don't think it's Rodgers fault that at 39 he didn't connect with a young team the way Love can. I know he put in way more effort at it in NY than in his final years in GB and that rubs me the wrong way a bit, but even if he tried his best, I don't think he could generate this kind of community and response of a team coming up together.

I mean the response to Gary getting the call was enthusiastic enough. And then they say Love and for the second time in 3 weeks of watching these videos, the locker room just ERUPTS.

This video of the guys in the locker room after the game was special. They do seem to rally around Love big time. :heart:
rousing applause for Players and obviously Coach Lafleur, almost nothing went right for 45 minutes, constant mistakes and broken plays, but no one gave up, surely not Matt, or Jarod, they continuously rallied the troops till the players quit beating themselves.

Now don't get me wrong, I specially like a beatdown from whistle to whistle, but turn around, come back wins like this one take center stage for firing me up, just been so long I'am out of practice, I had to pause the game several times in the 4th just to catch my breath from screaming so much, I had the the green towel in one hand, the Cheese wedge on my head, and hanker chief whipping away tears of Joy for our beloved Packers.

for me this season is dedicated to my brother who just passed a tad over a month ago, he was the level headed Packer fan of the family, we would have had so much fun watching this game and the way it ended.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2023 13:04
for me this season is dedicated to my brother who just passed a tad over a month ago, he was the level headed Packer fan of the family, we would have had so much fun watching this game and the way it ended.
My heart goes out to you and your brother, who is getting the best cloudside seat to this adventure that is the Packers 2023.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2023 13:04
Pugger wrote:
25 Sep 2023 10:56
YoHoChecko wrote:

rousing applause for Players and obviously Coach Lafleur, almost nothing went right for 45 minutes, constant mistakes and broken plays, but no one gave up, surely not Matt, or Jarod, they continuously rallied the troops till the players quit beating themselves.

Now don't get me wrong, I specially like a beatdown from whistle to whistle, but turn around, come back wins like this one take center stage for firing me up, just been so long I'am out of practice, I had to pause the game several times in the 4th just to catch my breath from screaming so much, I had the the green towel in one hand, the Cheese wedge on my head, and hanker chief whipping away tears of Joy for our beloved Packers.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Yoop!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not posting the tweets but....

Campbell dealing with an ankle, not the same one as pre-season. No other update.
Valentine did not tear his bicep, no other update.
Hope is Jones and Watson can go Thursday.
Tom doing "better" and will be given the whole week to go, likely Nijman if he can't.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lions opening as 1.5 favorites.

I believe the Packers are 3-0 against the spread this year so far. Think maybe even the only team.

Not a big window for Detroit to sneak into. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
25 Sep 2023 14:09
Not posting the tweets but....

Campbell dealing with an ankle, not the same one as pre-season. No other update.
Valentine did not tear his bicep, no other update.
Hope is Jones and Watson can go Thursday.
Tom doing "better" and will be given the whole week to go, likely Nijman if he can't.
After this Lions game, we got 11 days off before Raiders. Then bye week for 14 days off.

Need this W Thursday, suit up boys. Got damn near a month after that to health the f up, other than the Raiders. But division game against the Vegas division favorites, put it on the line.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

In your Packers news, Jordan Love is the real deal.

Will he be as good as BF or AR? Dunno. But he will be a QB to build a team around, and he's winning with backups already.