Here's Johnny - Week 3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This is so tough.

Love played himself into Packers fans hearts. His overall performance was iffy, tho does that matter when he DID lead the team to a win? Gary was a beast all game and big part of enabling the comeback. Clark and him wrecked Saints left and right...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Sep 2023 05:20
This is so tough.

Love played himself into Packers fans hearts. His overall performance was iffy, tho does that matter when he DID lead the team to a win? Gary was a beast all game and big part of enabling the comeback. Clark and him wrecked Saints left and right...
Gary only played 38% of the defensive snaps (23 total) and had 3 sacks and 4 QB hits. Teams are going to be scared sh*tless when he starts playing more.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
25 Sep 2023 08:39
salmar80 wrote:
This is so tough.

Gary only played 38% of the defensive snaps (23 total) and had 3 sacks and 4 QB hits. Teams are going to be scared sh*tless when he starts playing more.
Not if he plays the run like he did in Atlanta.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2023 08:51
paco wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
This is so tough.

You do have a point. It's not his strong suit.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I can see the argument for and against Love. He did not play well on the whole, but he was instrumental in engineering the comeback.

I chose the only other guy with a real argument (Gary), so that makes it an easy decision for me: Love.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
25 Sep 2023 09:09
I can see the argument for and against Love. He did not play well on the whole, but he was instrumental in engineering the comeback.

I chose the only other guy with a real argument (Gary), so that makes it an easy decision for me: Love.
I think Doubs balled out pretty damn good, too.

But yeah, Gary and Love are the two choices this week.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
This is so tough.

I really hope they limit his snap count to like 60% of snaps. Especially early.

We have depth and I think there is tremendous value in keeping our front 7 fresh going into the 4th quarter
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The reason I am leaning Love is because of his 4th down TD run. Up to the point, the Packers showed potential but just couldn't knock it in.

We needed someone to make a play.

On 4th down, the play broke down and it was Love vs Davis and Davis was in position to make the play.

That TD was a thing grit and beauty. Truly putting the offense on his back. And then Love follows it up by not doing the Leap but instead getting his offense ready for a 2 point conversion and converts it on a broken play.

Those two plays were Love's moments.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:24
I feel like the TD catch and the sideline catch win it for Doubs.

Love had one of his worst performances as a pro.

The D allowed the comeback.

I'm all about the grittiness, but it's Doubs' performance for me that deserves the call-out today.
To reiterate. Romeo, oh Romeo

And of course

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Gary. He certainly set the tone. The defence played well all game. You hold any team to 10 pts and you played great defense.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Someone on the Packers sure knew what they were doing when they gave Doubs the venerable #87. Talk about foresight! :o
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2023 08:51
paco wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
This is so tough.

sure we can blame Gary for lack of contain, but in zone coverage the boundary CB's are tasked with paying attention to the run and lending containment support, where where Alexander and Douglas? thats part of the reason for using zone coverage.

obviously that was addressed, Douglas imo looked more involved yesterday, but I still see plenty of REACH tackling, but not Douglas, he had a beautiful shoestring diving with the hands tackle on a play I remember, just saying often we blame the DE for lack of containment, when actually it's more then just them.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Going Rashan Gary.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Doubs
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

after considerable thought I have to go with my first opinion, while Love looked terrible at times, his 4th Q comeback of doing just about everything right wins it for him this week, 1st home win for him clinches it, plenty of honorable mentions, but Jordan gets the prize.

plus the mistakes we are seeing are so fixable with more playing time, pressure is the kryptonite of most young passers, so far Jordan has been holding up to it pretty well.

the in the grasp sack call was borderline, what impressed me is that he had the were with all to attempt to get rid of it at least and another Judge may have allowed it, very close call, A for effort Jordan