Lions @ Packers GDT: Thursday Sep 28, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Lions @ Packers GDT: Thursday Sep 28, 7:15pm CST

Post by APB »

Thursday Night Football!!

:lions: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers :packers:

Thursday, September 28th, 2023 - 7:15pm CST

Spread: Packers +1.5
Over/Under: 44.5

Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI

How To Watch

Amazon Prime TV

Announcers: Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreet

Sideline Reporter - Kaylee Hartung :heart:

Humina, humina...

And let's not forget the TNF studio crew, hosted by:

Host: Charissa Thompson :heart:

Weather

Green Bay Weather

TNF.png
TNF.png (15.84 KiB) Viewed 5646 times

Dope Sheet

Week 4 Dope Sheet

Gameday!

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Getting 'er going a little early this week...LFG!!

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Can't wait! They have never lost a game when I work sideline yet so here's to keeping that streak alive!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm going to the game and I will be drunk.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Sep 2023 10:54
I'm going to the game and I will be drunk.
I am going to the game and I'm going to be sober.
Spoiler
One is true statement and one is a lie, see if you can tell which is which.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I said it in a different thread.

We have like one game after this in nearly a month, against the Raiders, I think 25 days before our 2nd game.

Watson, Bak, Jones, suit your asses up. Even with a minor setback, shouldn't be missing anything more than the Raiders game. Big division game is worth it.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think we held everyone out last week. Should be a full group with some of them on a snap count.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2023 11:03
I said it in a different thread.

We have like one game after this in nearly a month, against the Raiders, I think 25 days before our 2nd game.

Watson, Bak, Jones, suit your asses up. Even with a minor setback, shouldn't be missing anything more than the Raiders game. Big division game is worth it.
I think you need to redirect that play demand to the training staff. If I know them, they're probably looking at the bye week, as well, only through a hold-them-out-through-the-bye-to-get-healthy lens.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Sep 2023 11:38
I think we held everyone out last week. Should be a full group with some of them on a snap count.
I hope you are right. Watson's presence on about 10 snaps would make a big difference. Jones, might need quite a bit more out of him to keep this offense moving. I think Jaire is the biggest missing piece, though. Frees up the defense to do a lot more things if he is back. It's not even like the step down is Carrington Valentine anymore... it's Corey Ballentine.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pat Taylor has now used up his three call-ups, yes? If Jones doesn't go, there will have to be a roster move, I believe.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 Sep 2023 13:06
Pat Taylor has now used up his three call-ups, yes? If Jones doesn't go, there will have to be a roster move, I believe.
Correct. I expect him to be signed to the active roster before Thursday.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

My heart says we go on a rout on this one. My head says the Lions are actually learning to be a good team and it'll be close to the end. I am happy we are going into this at 2-1 and not 1-2.

I think MLF will use his first series to drop a "trick" play that isn't a trick play. It'll start with something that feigns a trick play, as like what he's done to start two previous games. Then, it turns into a normal play. But the Lion D will be out of position. And... we'll gain like 2-3 yards out of it. But no problem. Our O will play the rest of the game fine.

Key for the Pack: Do NOT beat yourselves. After last week, that might be the biggest reason that getting Jones, Bahktiari, Watson, Jaire, and so forth is important.

Our D needs to grab a couple of turnovers. I keep saying that. If our normal guys are there, we can do that.

If we win, will take it as one more stepping stone of growth for this team. Kind of a faster growth than I would've expected. If we lose, I think it stays close.

Think about this too. Maybe this'll be the best rivalry within the division for the next 10 years.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This is a gut check game. Both teams have quality players. Tougher team will win.
Last edited by Drj820 on 26 Sep 2023 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
26 Sep 2023 13:20
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 Sep 2023 13:06
Correct. I expect him to be signed to the active roster before Thursday.
I'd rather we signed up the other Taylor :rotf: Patrick does not blow my socks off, I just don't get it, whats a lousy 10 mil. :idn:

I know Jones might be back, give us a buck a game and never miss time again all season, but I'am having my doubts about that as I'am sure we all are, and Dillon is such a easy stop this year, we really depend on the ability to run to set up the pass.

my thinking is that we can afford to have a couple big dollar RB's because all our receivers are on rookie contracts, and Jones I think will take a renogotiated deal next year for as Yoho guessed about 6 mil. so imo that makes the 10 or so we'd have to pay Jonathan warranted, production is expensive now days, does it matter how we get it? not to me :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

If there's such a thing as an early season game with huge ramifications this would be it. Already looks like a two horse race between us and them. They have beaten Atlanta who we lost to, so they have an early tie breaker leg up. They have already beaten the Chiefs who we have yet to play. They look like a legit team. Encouraging injury news on Watson and Jones, but we are still more banged up than they are.

A loss could have huge late season implications. Hope we come away with the W.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
26 Sep 2023 18:32
If there's such a thing as an early season game with huge ramifications this would be it. Already looks like a two horse race between us and them. They have beaten Atlanta who we lost to, so they have an early tie breaker leg up. They have already beaten the Chiefs who we have yet to play. They look like a legit team. Encouraging injury news on Watson and Jones, but we are still more banged up than they are.

I'm still not sure the Vikings are toast for this season, but what do I know. It could be a 3-team race down to the wire to win the North. I reserved a hotel room in Green Bay for the weekend of January 13th just in case this all works out like we want it to work out. I can live with a BYE week as well. :aok:

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Sep 2023 18:52
mnpackerbacker wrote:
26 Sep 2023 18:32

I'm still not sure the Vikings are toast for this season, but what do I know. It could be a 3-team race down to the wire to win the North. I reserved a hotel room in Green Bay for the weekend of January 13th just in case this all works out like we want it to work out. I can live with a BYE week as well. :aok:
Yeah, I may be writing off the Vikes a bit early. They have been competitive in their losses and went a long way toward beating themselves. Still, with their remaining schedule, it's hard to see them contending with an 0-3 start. A huge hill to overcome.

The Bares on the other hand... :messedup: