Lions @ Packers GDT: Thursday Sep 28, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Better to get him right and ready for the playoffs than push him now.

If he's never ready, so be it.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I guess the people who wanted to trade Bakh to the Jets were right (not that the Jets would necessarily go along with it)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Unless Bahk had another procedure done, he’s gotta be close to a forced retirement soon. 2 games per season is not sustainable. Really sucks for the talent he has.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 Sep 2023 16:47
I guess the people who wanted to trade Bakh to the Jets were right (not that the Jets would necessarily go along with it)
We all assume the Jets wanted him but he’s damaged goods at this point.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

IR his ass!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
27 Sep 2023 10:30
NCF wrote:
27 Sep 2023 06:51
Who is going?
Our annual tradition is now in its 3rd year. Ten in the group. We are traveling from Colorado, Oregon and Kentucky. Great fun and looking forward to a very competitive game. Our game record is 1-1. We are spread out over 3 different seat groupings in the south end zone.

Go Pack Go!!!! :kaboom:
Well then ............... have many brats mit kraut while you're in Titletown. Pre-game brats are available at many venues adjacent to Lambeau Field.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Any of those going ill be on the packer sideline with the camera cart tomorrow. I apologize in advance for those times we block your view but the folks at home appreciate it! 😅

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RotoWorld/NBC Sports is reporting Jaire has been ruled out for tomorrow night. :?:

Has this been reported anywhere else? I’m thinking they may have jumped the gun….?
Packers CB Jaire Alexander (back) will not play in Week 4 against the Lions.

Linebacker De’Vondre Campbell is also out for Week 4. Sans their top corner, Green Bay, like most teams, will struggle to contain Amon-Ra St. Brown. The third-year wideout already has two 100-yard games under his belt this year and will look for his third on Thursday.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Sep 2023 18:26
RotoWorld/NBC Sports is reporting Jaire has been ruled out for tomorrow night. :?:

Has this been reported anywhere else? I’m thinking they may have jumped the gun….?
Packers CB Jaire Alexander (back) will not play in Week 4 against the Lions.

Linebacker De’Vondre Campbell is also out for Week 4. Sans their top corner, Green Bay, like most teams, will struggle to contain Amon-Ra St. Brown. The third-year wideout already has two 100-yard games under his belt this year and will look for his third on Thursday.
I haven't seen this anywhere.
RIP JustJeff

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2023 11:01
Acrobat wrote:
26 Sep 2023 10:54
I'm going to the game and I will be drunk.
I am going to the game and I'm going to be sober.
Spoiler
One is true statement and one is a lie, see if you can tell which is which.
I am not going to the game but will be slightly buzzed...

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
27 Sep 2023 17:09
IR his ass!
Yes, the roster slot is valuable. There has to be a competent guard or safety on some team's PS. Worst case Patrick Taylor is more valuable on ST than Bakh is on the sidelines.

The likely situation is that Walker starts if the Packers make the playoffs. Give him every snap in the meantime.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 07:15

Whatever you shared is gone now. Summary?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
28 Sep 2023 09:15
BF004 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 07:15

Whatever you shared is gone now. Summary?
Watson and Jones expected to play.

Think he deleted it cause he got the lions inactives wrong in regards to Decker and Montgomery

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

jglovia wrote:
27 Sep 2023 17:46
Any of those going ill be on the packer sideline with the camera cart tomorrow. I apologize in advance for those times we block your view but the folks at home appreciate it! 😅
Can I get a field pass?

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
27 Sep 2023 16:43
Better to get him right and ready for the playoffs than push him now.

If he's never ready, so be it.
exactly, people act as though Bakh being on the roster is holding some roster bubbler back, the coaches know the situation, this aint there part time job I imagine they actually do think Bakh will bounce back and play most of the remaining games, if not we have lost nothing, big ado about stuff we have so little control of imo.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trading Bahktiari would be fine, if we could find a suitor, but that doesn't seem realistic. Cutting him just doesn't make any sense as we would only save $320k in cap space. Prepare like he won't be on the field and when he is that is a good surprise.

In the offseason we cut him lose without a doubt, saving $21M in cap space.

An unfortunate situation all around.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

NCF wrote:
28 Sep 2023 10:03
jglovia wrote:
27 Sep 2023 17:46
Can I get a field pass?
Unfortunately those are pretty tight for this game and i put in for three for a couple friends from Oregon.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 10:15
Trading Bahktiari would be fine, if we could find a suitor, but that doesn't seem realistic. Cutting him just doesn't make any sense as we would only save $320k in cap space. Prepare like he won't be on the field and when he is that is a good surprise.

In the offseason we cut him lose without a doubt, saving $21M in cap space.

An unfortunate situation all around.
Exactly. Those claiming Bak has some ulterior motive or doesn't want to play has a warped view on the world (I am not pointing a finger at anyone specifically). He, above all, wants to be out there. Can't imagine how frustrated he is.

If you can, go back and listen to Wilde and Tausch, from Tuesday I think. Joe Thomas was on and talked about his last year and how it compares to what Bak might be going through. Not the same, but some interesting insight to something most people had no idea he was going through.
RIP JustJeff