Week 3 Post-Game: Packers 18 Saints 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Royce Newman is gross.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2023 13:07
Royce Newman is gross.
Yes he is.

Seems every time I see a highlight clip that includes the O-Line, he’s screwing something up. Is Sean Rhyan that bad??

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
27 Sep 2023 18:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2023 13:07
Royce Newman is gross.
Yes he is.

Seems every time I see a highlight clip that includes the O-Line, he’s screwing something up. Is Sean Rhyan that bad??
We saw Rhyan play and he was if nothing else appreciably better than Newman. Sadly, it seems our coaching staff's bad habit of favoring the veteran experience of inferior players over less-experienced players with better ability, continues...

I will say, we seemed to have a better plan for trotting Newman out there than last time. Previously, we just threw him out there and made no adjustments. This time, he seemed to be getting some help from Myers. Still, it should really be Rhyan out there.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Rhyan was bad, and that was with PED's. I was really hoping to not see either of these 2 on the Packers roster at any level this year.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

musclestang wrote:
27 Sep 2023 05:52
I have to believe a memo has been sent to out to all teams about throwing things in the air during kicks. I don't care if there is a "rule" on paper specifically stating that or not. a 2 year old should be able to reason that doing that is in total conflict with the spirit of the game and competition and should probably result in a timeout at the very least. What a hack.
All it needs is that it should be defined as unsportsmanlike conduct, 15 yard penalty. (Whether it succeeds or not.) That would stop it instantly.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
28 Sep 2023 08:57
musclestang wrote:
27 Sep 2023 05:52
I have to believe a memo has been sent to out to all teams about throwing things in the air during kicks. I don't care if there is a "rule" on paper specifically stating that or not. a 2 year old should be able to reason that doing that is in total conflict with the spirit of the game and competition and should probably result in a timeout at the very least. What a hack.
All it needs is that it should be defined as unsportsmanlike conduct, 15 yard penalty. (Whether it succeeds or not.) That would stop it instantly.
I expect something will be done about it, imo if that towel would have interfered with that kick it would have drawn a flag right then, since it didn't I expect there'll be a conference meeting and it will be remedied, didn't check but a fine may already have been handed down for it. :idn:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

APB wrote:
26 Sep 2023 19:38
For what it’s worth, based upon the axis sources:

Given the quality of Atlanta & New Orlean's defensive front, this is encouraging.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This was the other example of a tipped pass last Sunday. What most claim is poor ball placement on first watch, is a tipped pass.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 12:52
This was the other example of a tipped pass last Sunday. What most claim is poor ball placement on first watch, is a tipped pass.
Well, he should've thrown it where 97 couldn't tip it then.

Bad pass. Bad Pass! BAD PASS!! :mrgreen:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I saw the tip, and not one of my examples