Lions @ Packers GDT: Thursday Sep 28, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The Lions are better than the 1st 3 teams we have faced this year. I suppose they had to get better one of these years after drafting in the top 10 for 30 years. ;)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Thankfully he dropped that. That was a strike from Goff.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Papa John wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:23
Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:21
Lafleur don’t look like he wants to be at lambeau tonight
LaFleur needs to go. Prime could have aired a livestream of my vasectomy tonight and it would have been less disgusting than the effort we have seen from Matt LaFleur’s team.
You are complaining about effort? It isn't that. Detroit is just better than us right now.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Al's sidekick announcer is annoying.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Sean Clifford time?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Hoping for another comeback but I don't think it is going to happen.

The reality is the Lions are the first good team we have played.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lulu wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:29
Sean Clifford time?
You think our issue is Love?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This is hard to watch. Actually I'm jealous with what Lions have and how they're competing. It's not a talent thing it's a whole identity

I think we are talented. I also think this team doesn't play as one. It starts with Nixon running out kos.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Musgrave is just eye candy until he learns to stop trippingall over himself. LaPorta is a real TE.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

They're definitely finishing plays better than us. The RBs churn out an extra yard or two. When we get pressure we're not getting the sack and they are. Their first guy brings down our ball carriers more often than our first guy.

I don't think it's "effort," but I can see people feeling that way. There's a firey-er edge to the Lions than us. But I think that's more of a result of the confidence oozing once they established they have the edge.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lulu wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:29
Sean Clifford time?
Not yet. Might as well live and die by Love. Get him the most experience possible and hope he Peyton Mannings this thing. But so far this dude is dog &%$@.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:28
Papa John wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
LaFleur needs to go. Prime could have aired a livestream of my vasectomy tonight and it would have been less disgusting than the effort we have seen from Matt LaFleur’s team.
You are complaining about effort? It isn't that. Detroit is just better than us right now.
I think part of that is level of effort. The Lions are playing on a different level than the Packers.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Pugger wrote:
Papa John wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
They are better than us but Packers have played soft. Soft defense in red zone- holes wide open for Detroit to run in easily. The lack of fight is very palpable. This coach just hangs his head and looks like he’s holding back tears.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:31
This is hard to watch. Actually I'm jealous with what Lions have and how they're competing. It's not a talent thing it's a whole identity

I think we are talented. I also think this team doesn't play as one. It starts with Nixon running out kos.
You're putting the team identity on the 2022 1st Team All-Pro KR not taking a knee? :messedup:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is about as lopsided of a first half as it gets and the Lions might not be done yet!
image.png
image.png (27.96 KiB) Viewed 541 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Hopefully GOFF runs past the Packer bench before halftime and screams " I still EFFING OWN YOU!!!!" Maybe that will fire them up. When you get your ass kicked this bad, pretty much everryone is too blame. Where do you start. I wanna find something positive and there is almost nothing. :bkw:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Papa John wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:32
Pugger wrote:
Papa John wrote:

They are better than us but Packers have played soft. Soft defense in red zone- holes wide open for Detroit to run in easily. The lack of fight is very palpable. This coach just hangs his head and looks like he’s holding back tears.
MLF is a crier for sure.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Musgrave is being evaluated for a possible concussion. Argh.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I don’t find it reassuring when the HC looks like he’s crying on the sideline

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Sep 2023 20:31

Our youth and inexperience is showing. We are getting dominated by Detroit's lines. Love is running for his life.