Lions @ Packers GDT: Thursday Sep 28, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:18
Why do people give credibility to Rodgers saying he wants to come back this year?

Like he hasn't even started rehab. Everyone WANTS to come back fast. Talking about it before you have experienced what it even feels like is meaningless and everyone is like "wow, I mean can he do it!?"
Why do you hate Rodgers?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:20
Why do you hate Rodgers?
That was a criticism of the media commentary, not of Rodgers.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Any major injuries tonight?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:19
I liked Love better when he was completing 53% and not throwing picks and winning games :lol:
His 50ish completion percentage was never sustainable. He had benefited from some really bad defensive penalties on underthrown balls and making some occasional dimes. He is not capable of carrying a team.

If he was a rookie I would be more lenient. This is year four with him getting a contract for year 5. He’s straight up bad. Taking trash sacks. Inaccuracies all year. Only shows any signs of life when in garbage time. He’s a bad QB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:21
Major, probably not. Musgrave has a concussion.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
APB wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:13
bud fox wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:09

Lions haven't even been trying.
Ran the whole 2nd half.
Def soft.
Nor were the Saints last week, right?
Saints lost there qb but saints always win or lose by less than a score.

I don't know what to say to blind homerism.

We were down 27-3 at the half. If you think the lions were as aggressive in the 2nd that's fine. Whatever helps you as a fan.
Dan Campbell was interviewed at half and specifically stressed his message to the team was to maintain that 1st half intensity. No let up. Put the Packers away.

Homerism? Hardly. It’s English comprehension.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:23
YoHoChecko wrote:
I liked Love better when he was completing 53% and not throwing picks and winning games :lol:
His 50ish completion percentage was never sustainable. He had benefited from some really bad defensive penalties on underthrown balls and making some occasional dimes. He is not capable of carrying a team.

If he was a rookie I would be more lenient. This is year four with him getting a contract for year 5. He’s straight up bad. Taking trash sacks. Inaccuracies all year. Only shows any signs of life when in garbage time. He’s a bad QB.
NARRATIVE WARNING!
NARRATIVE WARNING!
NARRATIVE WARNING!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:25
lupedafiasco wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

NARRATIVE WARNING!
NARRATIVE WARNING!
NARRATIVE WARNING!
Best to just ignore Skip and not give him more fuel for his show.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
We were down 27-3 at the half. If you think the lions were as aggressive in the 2nd that's fine. Whatever helps you as a fan.
I don't think they were being super aggressive or anything

I just think they didn't change up their offensive plan against us.

They ran all night. Just like the Falcons did. It's their strength and our weakness. Tons of running and some play action. Scatter in a couple good YAC plays and a couple downfield balls.

That was their first half offense. That was their second half offense. Hard to say they weren't trying because they mostly ran the ball in the second half when they mostly ran the ball in the first halt, too.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
bud fox wrote:
APB wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:13

Nor were the Saints last week, right?
Saints lost there qb but saints always win or lose by less than a score.

I don't know what to say to blind homerism.

Dan Campbell was interviewed at half and specifically stressed his message to the team was to maintain that 1st half intensity. No let up. Put the Packers away.

Homerism? Hardly. It’s English comprehension.
Okay.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:21
Major, probably not. Musgrave has a concussion.
Oh good. We didn't need to lose any more guys.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Parting thought....

I blame everyone on this forum who was at the game. You didn't provide the atmosphere the team needed. SHAME!
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:29
bud fox wrote:

They ran all night. Just like the Falcons did. It's their strength and our weakness. Tons of running and some play action. Scatter in a couple good YAC plays and a couple downfield balls.

That was their first half offense. That was their second half offense. Hard to say they weren't trying because they mostly ran the ball in the second half when they mostly ran the ball in the first halt, too.
It’s been every smart teams game plan against us. If you run against this team you will win. It’s been that way for years.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
bud fox wrote:

That’s what I’m getting at. It’s a lazy narrative to dismiss the 2nd half comeback by saying the Lions weren’t trying. The Lions did what they do in both halves. The difference was the Packers actually started to play like a competent team in the 2nd half.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm disappointed but not surprised. All summer I said this was going to be a very up and down year. I still think we have a bright future with the talent we have. They kept battling but right now Detroit is the better team. Love is playing like a first year QB. Yes, he sat behind AR for 3 years but you don't learn how to be an NFL QB holding a clip board.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
bud fox wrote:

They rushed 69.7% of the time in the second half and 47.6% in the first half.

They had less rushing attempts because they had less plays because they were playing safe and were happy to just waste time.

They have averaged 30 rushing attempts a game this season and today was 43.

What can I say - any normal person can see with their own eyes that the Lions were just trying to waste the clock and get to the end of the game. However these numbers back it up.

Defensively it was similar.

This is the first real team we have played against and if they had the Miami mentality would have put 60 on us.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The game had a chance to get tight when we got it to 10. Unfortunately the defense decided to suck at that drive and we lost any chance to continue the comeback.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 22:11
If there are enough Lions fans in the stands to be heard chanting through the play by play mic, something is wrong...
It was disgusting to see how many blue jerseys there were in the stands. I tried to capture in a photo, but didn’t come out so well.
Attachments
Too much blue.
Too much blue.
IMG_4829.jpeg (3.28 MiB) Viewed 5168 times
GO PACK GO!!!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

As much as I want to skewer our fans for selling the tickets to the other side's faithful, part of me has to wonder how much of it has to do with necessity, namely with our economy being trash for average citizens.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
29 Sep 2023 08:13
As much as I want to skewer our fans for selling the tickets to the other side's faithful, part of me has to wonder how much of it has to do with necessity, namely with our economy being trash for average citizens.
Then $%@# get off the season ticket list.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."