MLF / LaCoach

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 17:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 12:36
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 09:53
I knew he could be a problem when I read that he took down the legacy photos in the hallways, etc. from the prior generations of Packers facilities. That move has backfired. Seems like a guy that doesn't understand reality totally and is disrespectful of Packers history.
Do you have a link to this?
I found something. April 24, 2019 story on WBAY. Look for "LaFleur cosmetic changes". Pictures were put up....didn't find anything about pictures taken down (my error I suppose). There was repainting. What got painted over I don't know (yet).
As I suspected manufactured controversy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 18:05
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I found something. April 24, 2019 story on WBAY. Look for "LaFleur cosmetic changes". Pictures were put up....didn't find anything about pictures taken down (my error I suppose). There was repainting. What got painted over I don't know (yet).
As I suspected manufactured controversy.
There was a spike in fake news sightings during that era of an administration :rotf:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2023 17:18
texas wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:58
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:35

I also believe Lafelur is better as an OC. I just don’t think he inspires. One thing I heard in a post game radio show last night is that LaFleur is nerdy Xs and Os guy which is fine but if that’s what you are you need a maniac as a DC and I kind of agree. You need someone who can really motivate the troops. They don’t have that from Barry or LaFleur.
Did you ever answer my question from the other thread regarding his motivational abilities? (legitimately asking because I don't know)

To me it seems like MLF is fine in this regard but I was curious to see your take
I didn’t see the specific post. I tried searching it. I think the players on offense are playing hard for Matt. I don’t don’t think the defensive players are though. You can just see it by how these last two games started. He isn’t motivating these guys out of the gate. It was the same story last year. They start slow.

Idk I’ve heard so many great leaders and incredible officers speak. They know how to instill confidence and bring energy to an operation. I get none of that from LaFleur when I listen to him. He sounds like a pussy and that’s just my opinion.

To me if the defense was really inspired by their coach they would be sending ball carriers backwards and rallying to the ball as a team. They don’t. There’s awful tackles, weak tackles, no gang tackles. Teams take in the personalities of their head coach and their DC. Both of which come of to me as weak leaders.
I see, yeah I think I was curious about you mentioning this before in comparison to great leaders and officers.

I could see him coming across as low-T or whatever to the men in that locker room, but at the same time it seems to be the Xs and Os nerdy guys who succeed in the NFL nowadays. The motivational guys really don't, to any great extent.

It could be useful to have a rah-rah guy on defense, but given the choice of, for example, a Dan Campbell type or someone from the Shanahan/McVay tree, I am going Shanahan/McVay all day even if they can't even bench the bar. This despite us just getting soundly beaten by Campbell last night.

The two traits aren't mutually exclusive, but I guess I definitely favor the nerdy approach to the Leader of Men approach.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
29 Sep 2023 11:56
I didn't know he removed those photos. It appears he doesn't understand the legacy of the team he is trying to lead. My regard for him is diminishing by the day. :nono:
I may have mis-spoke on that Pugger (can't find the evidence on the internet yet). Regardless, whatever happened regarding a Packers culture change due to interior decorating changes at 1265 and the Hutson Center didn't work. We're still embedded in a trench that does not feature a NFC Championship ring or Lombardi trophy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 07:14
Pugger wrote:
I didn't know he removed those photos. It appears he doesn't understand the legacy of the team he is trying to lead. My regard for him is diminishing by the day. :nono:
I may have mis-spoke on that Pugger (can't find the evidence on the internet yet). Regardless, whatever happened regarding a Packers culture change due to interior decorating changes at 1265 and the Hutson Center didn't work. We're still embedded in a trench that does not feature a NFC Championship ring or Lombardi trophy.
it's only been two years or so since those changes, and really buddy why would you think Lafleur would ever have time to be involved in that stuff anyway :idn:

I just browsed through Lambeau stadium list of people that takes care of everything that goes on at Lambeau, that list is near endless, but it doesn't describe all job titles, so I couldn't find exactly what your looking for, rest assured though Mathew Lafleurs name was not among any that I saw. :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

texas wrote:
29 Sep 2023 22:09
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:58

Did you ever answer my question from the other thread regarding his motivational abilities? (legitimately asking because I don't know)

To me it seems like MLF is fine in this regard but I was curious to see your take
I didn’t see the specific post. I tried searching it. I think the players on offense are playing hard for Matt. I don’t don’t think the defensive players are though. You can just see it by how these last two games started. He isn’t motivating these guys out of the gate. It was the same story last year. They start slow.

Idk I’ve heard so many great leaders and incredible officers speak. They know how to instill confidence and bring energy to an operation. I get none of that from LaFleur when I listen to him. He sounds like a pussy and that’s just my opinion.

To me if the defense was really inspired by their coach they would be sending ball carriers backwards and rallying to the ball as a team. They don’t. There’s awful tackles, weak tackles, no gang tackles. Teams take in the personalities of their head coach and their DC. Both of which come of to me as weak leaders.
I see, yeah I think I was curious about you mentioning this before in comparison to great leaders and officers.

I could see him coming across as low-T or whatever to the men in that locker room, but at the same time it seems to be the Xs and Os nerdy guys who succeed in the NFL nowadays. The motivational guys really don't, to any great extent.

It could be useful to have a rah-rah guy on defense, but given the choice of, for example, a Dan Campbell type or someone from the Shanahan/McVay tree, I am going Shanahan/McVay all day even if they can't even bench the bar. This despite us just getting soundly beaten by Campbell last night.

The two traits aren't mutually exclusive, but I guess I definitely favor the nerdy approach to the Leader of Men approach.
There’s nobody nerdier than the dude in Miami and they seem plenty motivated.

I just feel like some people have an underlying dislike for the guy (MLF), be it because he wronged Rodgers or whatever, and the nerd/not a leader thing/excuse is a convenient way to channel the dislike.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 07:14
Pugger wrote:
It appears this isn't true and I'm glad of that. I like MLF and want him to succeed but some of his decisions during games and keeping Barry around make me concerned.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Just like we have a super young team, we've got a pretty young coach. The first three years he was coaching here he was never going to be the biggest authority in the locker room with AR12 around. I have my concerns but I'm intently watching to see if they either build success from here- or don't.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 09:53
I knew he could be a problem when I read that he took down the legacy photos in the hallways, etc. from the prior generations of Packers facilities. That move has backfired. Seems like a guy that doesn't understand reality totally and is disrespectful of Packers history.
I found something. April 24, 2019 story on WBAY. Look for "LaFleur cosmetic changes". Pictures were put up....didn't find anything about pictures taken down (my error I suppose). There was repainting. What got painted over I don't know (yet). Don't know if pictures or murals, etc were removed or replaced. Whatever happened has not resulted in an NFC or NFL championship. Very disappointing and irritatingly so far.
Please stay diligent and keep us posted on your findings of the interior design decisions made by laFailure.

It is obvious that this troubling decision made in 2019 is the number one variable that impacted Royce Newman's play on Thursday Night.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 08:17
texas wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I just feel like some people have an underlying dislike for the guy (MLF), be it because he wronged Rodgers or whatever, and the nerd/not a leader thing/excuse is a convenient way to channel the dislike.
People don't like the guy because people don't like any guy. It is as certain as gravity that a coach and player will be hated if they last long enough in the league.

Certain unscientific and clueless terms such as "not clutch" "too tight and hard on his players", "too loose and lax with his players" or my favorite "doesn't have it or the X factor are bound to come out after a loss.

Reverse every term after a great win.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 08:17
texas wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Idk, I guess I get it, I just think the motivational component is overrated. I think you need it from the other players but not the coach. Matt Rhule was maybe the most motivational coach the NFL had in a long time, and he did dick all. Belichick is maybe the least emotional fire-up-the-troops guy of all time, with the verbal IQ of a rock, and yet he's the 2nd best coach of all time. But yeah, case in point, another datapoint backing me up- McDaniel is a huge nerd and is by all first appearances a significant step up from anything they've had in Miami in a long time.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I like Lafleur overall. Some take criticizing him as hating him overall, this shows emotional immaturity.

That said, McDaniel has proven to be a bonified offensive genius. Lafleur has proven not to be dumb, but the gameplan and direction on offense certainly seems unclear at times.

However, one huge difference is McDaniel brought in a bonified harda** and great DC to run the d, and players respect his strategy on offense. What McDaniel lacks in masculinity, fangio delivers to the room.

Does Lafleur have that person in the room? It certainly isn’t Barry.

Biggest different between Lafleur and McDaniel right now is their hires as assistants. McDaniel has hit home runs.

Packers would have a couple super bowls last couple years with fangio at DC
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't think Fangio would have delivered any better results than Barry in the 2021 Divisional Round.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Sep 2023 23:35
I don't think Fangio would have delivered any better results than Barry in the 2021 Divisional Round.
Strong disagree. Barry called a game like a bitch down the stretch.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers fans always argue on one hand how bad someone performed, then on other hand argue that someone known to be better at their job would have made no difference. Happens all the time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers defense allowed 6 points and 212 yards in that game.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2023 08:13
right, when coach Lafleur convinces Barry to just let the guys play using there god given instincts this defense does well, other wise Barry forces the players to do his act, which is very soft coverage dependent on stellar pass rush, so when the rush fails, so does the coverage, this is Joe Barry M O, rinse and repeat into year 3.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Oct 2023 10:01
go pak go wrote:
right, when coach Lafleur convinces Barry to just let the guys play using there god given instincts this defense does well, other wise Barry forces the players to do his act, which is very soft coverage dependent on stellar pass rush, so when the rush fails, so does the coverage, this is Joe Barry M O, rinse and repeat into year 3.
I don't know how this response correlates to my post at all. :idn:
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

A strong coach and personality influences more than just his side of the ball. Fangio would have put Lafleur in a head lock if he refused to run the ball.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2023 10:03
Yoop wrote:
01 Oct 2023 10:01
go pak go wrote:
I don't know how this response correlates to my post at all. :idn:
thats because you don't want it to, I get your message loud and clear, excuse me for responding.