Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 18:44
Huddle up ! Got to meet Jordan Love this afternoon at a signing event in Waukesha. Seems like a respectful young man. Glad he's our QB . Got a JLove autographed mini helmet. Sharpe, Watson and Van Ness were there as well. Go Pack Go!
Nice!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jaire, Stokes and Jenkins all practicing.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Really hope Jaire is back healthy.

With both teams going nowhere fast, McDaniels and LaFluer should make a gentleman's agreement that us as NFL fans get to see a LOT of Jaire on Davante 1 on 1.

Let this game be decided by our best warrior vs their best warrior. :lol:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Going into Week 5 the offense is ranked 28th and the defense is ranked 24th.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Oct 2023 16:33
Pretty bad defense. Offense would be a work in progress but was expecting top 20.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Oct 2023 18:48
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pretty bad defense. Offense would be a work in progress but was expecting top 20.
Defense is just stupid.

O hard to judge without Bak, Watson, Jones and Jenkins, and injures Tom and Doubs and JRJ as well.

I mean thats like literally all our most important players.

D getting a D right now, hard to give an F when the broncos exist. O I gotta give an incomplete grade yet.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
08 Oct 2023 18:52
wallyuwl wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Defense is just stupid.

O hard to judge without Bak, Watson, Jones and Jenkins, and injures Tom and Doubs and JRJ as well.

D getting a D right now, hard to give an F when the broncos exist. O I gotta give an incomplete grade yet.
I keep hearing this and I just don’t buy it. Not having any of those players doesn’t affect Love throwing accurate balls or bail My from the pocket for no reason to make off platform throws.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
More than 1 team can get an F.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Oct 2023 19:39
BF004 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

More than 1 team can get an F.
O is 10th in scoring, D is 21st in scoring. Still early yet and we're playing injured.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Oct 2023 19:34
BF004 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Defense is just stupid.

I keep hearing this and I just don’t buy it. Not having any of those players doesn’t affect Love throwing accurate balls or bail My from the pocket for no reason to make off platform throws.
of course it does, when the QB is always playing catch up it affects how they play, when they can't sustain drives they resort to poor technique to try and get anything going.

this team is a walking mash unit right now, ya can't lose 4 or 5 starters and expect the others to over come that, same thing on defense, we are down to backups ILB, safety, CB, when that happens it eliminates half the play book on offense, same with defense.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 08:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Defense is just stupid.

of course it does, when the QB is always playing catch up it affects how they play, when they can't sustain drives they resort to poor technique to try and get anything going.

this team is a walking mash unit right now, ya can't lose 4 or 5 starters and expect the others to over come that, same thing on defense, we are down to backups ILB, safety, CB, when that happens it eliminates half the play book on offense, same with defense.
This doesn’t make any sense. He’s been inaccurate right out the gate on first drives.

It’s also easier when playing catch-up because defenses play softer. I get we are down a ton of players all over. The times the pocket is fine though and he still sails some ugly passes though is terrible terrible it it happens far too frequently.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

When Royce Newman is blocking for you and you are throwing on limited practice snaps to Dontayvion Wicks and Malik Heath, there is little chance to run a play in structure and on schedule, that will 100% hurt accuracy.

Not to say his accuracy has been good otherwise, but like I said, my grade is really just incomplete yet. I really don't think we know a whole lot yet about how this O can/should look.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 09:48
Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 08:18
lupedafiasco wrote:

This doesn’t make any sense. He’s been inaccurate right out the gate on first drives.

It’s also easier when playing catch-up because defenses play softer. I get we are down a ton of players all over. The times the pocket is fine though and he still sails some ugly passes though is terrible terrible it it happens far too frequently.
It doesn't make sense to you because you want to be critical, we saw the same stuff we see from Love at times with Rodgers last year, when the pass rush is having success it will affect the QB the rest of that game, when it continues game after game the QB will focus on pass rush when he should be reading and throwing, and thats a fair example of what we've seen from Love.

what angers me is that the staff and GM new what they had in Newman, new Bakh might have more issues, so what do they do, nothing, and here we are 2 years in a row where the OL &%$@ the bed and the QB has very little time to read, process and throw, inconsistent is what this OL has been, yet people blame the QB.

from my observation, our OL has been our biggest problem the last 2 years, sure we can blame youth at skill positions, slow mo Dillon, but the crux of it is inconsistent blocking. fix that and every other thing improves.

and I'am sure someone will come here with those convoluted blocking grades from PFF, those grades do no more then cloud reality, just because Love isn't hit more often doesn't mean the blocking was good, just because Jones squirts for a buck doesn't mean he didn't have to over come poor run blocking to get that.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
It’s also easier when playing catch-up because defenses play softer
This is kind of a blanket statement and certainly not true in all cases.
I did agree with some of your takes though. Inaccurassy issues.
J. Love for some reason has at times passed on his first read or simple dump off options, which would have been pitch and catch type throws. Doing this, has only made it harder on himself and brought the o-line into question and forced him into difficult throws as you have eluded to ( off platform). I have blamed MLF for this to get on his young QBs ass for this. COACH HIM !!!!. Injuries/struggling running game have definetely made it tougher for him. To ignore this would be unfair.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 10:44
and I'am sure someone will come here with those convoluted blocking grades from PFF, those grades do no more then cloud reality, just because Love isn't hit more often doesn't mean the blocking was good, just because Jones squirts for a buck doesn't mean he didn't have to over come poor run blocking to get that.
So, say someone wants to dispute these claims. What source of information would be acceptable to you? We can't all base our opinions on your personal "eye test" so what source of measurement would be acceptable to you?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
09 Oct 2023 11:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
J. Love for some reason has at times passed on his first read or simple dump off options, which would have been pitch and catch type throws. Doing this, has only made it harder on himself and brought the o-line into question and forced him into difficult throws as you have eluded to ( off platform). I have blamed MLF for this to get on his young QBs ass for this. COACH HIM !!!!. Injuries/struggling running game have definetely made it tougher for him. To ignore this would be unfair.
I think what you're asking for is already happening but, unfortunately, we're only 4 games into Love's tenure as QB1. It's a work in progress.

There's seems to be this demand for immediate results, not just here but everywhere, even though a mere two months ago we all knew this was going to be a process. Love damn sure hasn't been perfect. He's been good at times, sure, but he's also been bad at times, too. A quarter of the way into the season, though, this is pretty much what was to be expected.

It's a wonder to me why folks seem utterly shocked and/or disappointed that this is what we're seeing at this point in his development. Maybe 30 years of Favre/Rodgers play has spoiled the rational perspective...?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 11:03
Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 10:44
So, say someone wants to dispute these claims. What source of information would be acceptable to you? We can't all base our opinions on your personal "eye test" so what source of measurement would be acceptable to you?
you don't really need a source for this ,do you? one would be yards after first contact for Jones or even Dillon, as to pass rush you've seen a free rusher on almost every series, again it's not how often the QB is hit, as long as he has the presumption of someone coming over here on one play or another gap on another play he will have that ingrained in his head, specially so for a young first year starting QB, Rodgers faired better last season simply because he's a ol vet.

the OL grades are based on hurries, hit's and sacks, and a few other variables, what they don't show is how the few times Love escapes pressure or hits that that doesn't continue to affect how he plays on the next play or the rest of that game.
Love will settle in as long as we give him more security, if we don't we'll ruin him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 11:14
MY_TAKE wrote:
09 Oct 2023 11:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
I think what you're asking for is already happening but, unfortunately, we're only 4 games into Love's tenure as QB1. It's a work in progress.

There's seems to be this demand for immediate results, not just here but everywhere, even though a mere two months ago we all knew this was going to be a process. Love damn sure hasn't been perfect. He's been good at times, sure, but he's also been bad at times, too. A quarter of the way into the season, though, this is pretty much what was to be expected.

It's a wonder to me why folks seem utterly shocked and/or disappointed that this is what we're seeing at this point in his development. Maybe 30 years of Favre/Rodgers play has spoiled the rational perspective...?
I couldn't disagree with you more, all your doing is mimicking the media, Love was doing very well game one, then the OL isues hit and he has been erratic at times ever sense, normal I think because he has seen to many free rushers, our blocking has been very inconsistent, same with receiver talent, sure we all new there would be growing pains, but imho it's not so much Jordan Love as it is OL and receivers, same as last season

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 11:33
I couldn't disagree with you more, all your doing is mimicking the media, Love was doing very well game one, then the OL isues hit and he has been erratic at times ever sense, normal I think because he has seen to many free rushers, our blocking has been very inconsistent, same with receiver talent, sure we all new there would be growing pains, but imho it's not so much Jordan Love as it is OL and receivers, same as last season
I am not sure who exactly your disagreeing with, but I am not sure any of us disagree completely with each other. I know my take (no pun intended. :roll: ) was that some of Love struggles can be attributed to injuries and poor running game. This was basically putting alot of blame on the O- line. My eye test tells me the run blocking is worse than the pass blocking. Detroit wasn't a great game for the O-line, but it wasn't abysmal. I actually did go back and watch the tape. LOL! APB was correct in that I want things fixed too fast probably. I am fairly confident the last 5 games of the season will look better than the first 4 for Love and the offense. Musgrave and Reed are Rooks and have a chance to grow into great players. I am not really ripping Love that much. I am totally on board with the young QB and see even better things happening yet this year.

There are some really bad offensive lines out there right now and then you have the Niners and Philadelphia that look ridiculously good. Were middle of the Pack(no pun intended :rotf: ) im killing it right now....Ha Ha

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

MY_TAKE wrote:
09 Oct 2023 12:35
Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 11:33
I am not sure who exactly your disagreeing with, but I am not sure any of us disagree completely with each other. I know my take (no pun intended. :roll: ) was that some of Love struggles can be attributed to injuries and poor running game. This was basically putting alot of blame on the O- line. My eye test tells me the run blocking is worse than the pass blocking. Detroit wasn't a great game for the O-line, but it wasn't abysmal. I actually did go back and watch the tape. LOL! APB was correct in that I want things fixed too fast probably. I am fairly confident the last 5 games of the season will look better than the first 4 for Love and the offense. Musgrave and Reed are Rooks and have a chance to grow into great players. I am not really ripping Love that much. I am totally on board with the young QB and see even better things happening yet this year.

There are some really bad offensive lines out there right now and then you have the Niners and Philadelphia that look ridiculously good. Were middle of the Pack(no pun intended :rotf: ) im killing it right now....Ha Ha

your right, I think our disagreements are mostly centered on how much patience we should have.

I was disagreeing with APB's opinion that what we've been seeing was expected, I think what we should have expected is what we had seen prior in PS or against the Bears, prior to injury's and poor play from the OL.

right from the start the media claimed Love would struggle, thats before Bakh or Jenks where hurt, Jones Hamy's, heck that was during PS, But Love looked pretty sharp in those games, I never quite bought into there opinions

better pass pro, better Jordan Love, the guy has to develop some faith in the blocking, pretty hard when he has a rusher in his face faster then his receivers break open, sure we see him holding to long, making off target throws etc, so yes, I agree some of it is on him, but to me he just doesn't look comfortable, and he did when the protection was better.