MLF / LaCoach

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Oct 2023 10:04
A strong coach and personality influences more than just his side of the ball. Fangio would have put Lafleur in a head lock if he refused to run the ball.
why would Fangio do that, and it sure isn't Lafleurs fault that the OL can't block, Lafleur quit running because the game turned into a track meat right after we kicked that FG in the first 3 minutes, if the OL stinks, then the offense in turn stinks, we couldn't do anything on offense, and gave up over 200 yards on the ground again because Barry's defense stinks.

people expect Lafleur should fire Barry, maybe he should, but that rarely happens in season, we'll see.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
A strong coach and personality influences more than just his side of the ball. Fangio would have put Lafleur in a head lock if he refused to run the ball.
In 8 seasons since 2013 Fangio has had a winning record once. It was the 2018 Bears.

Was this because he broke away from his head locking policy in those years?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2023 10:43
Drj820 wrote:
In 8 seasons since 2013 Fangio has had a winning record once. It was the 2018 Bears.

Was this because he broke away from his head locking policy in those years?
Getting Matt nagy and the bears to the playoffs should be enough to put Fangio in the hall of fame
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:35
Scott4Pack wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:09
I think that MLF is a good coach. He might be better suited as an OC, than HC. But he's a good coach.

As much as I'd like a kicka$$ HC, there are other ways to get the most out of your guys too.
I also believe Lafelur is better as an OC. I just don’t think he inspires. One thing I heard in a post game radio show last night is that LaFleur is nerdy Xs and Os guy which is fine but if that’s what you are you need a maniac as a DC and I kind of agree. You need someone who can really motivate the troops. They don’t have that from Barry or LaFleur.
Agreed. Also, a HC needs to be a guy who sets the standard of success/excellence. Sometimes that’s a verbal threat. Sometimes it’s just laying out the consequences of performance for good or bad. Sometimes, it’s just about laying out specific ways that players and coaches are expected to perform.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 Oct 2023 11:10
lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
29 Sep 2023 14:09
I think that MLF is a good coach. He might be better suited as an OC, than HC. But he's a good coach.

As much as I'd like a kicka$$ HC, there are other ways to get the most out of your guys too.
I also believe Lafelur is better as an OC. I just don’t think he inspires. One thing I heard in a post game radio show last night is that LaFleur is nerdy Xs and Os guy which is fine but if that’s what you are you need a maniac as a DC and I kind of agree. You need someone who can really motivate the troops. They don’t have that from Barry or LaFleur.
Agreed. Also, a HC needs to be a guy who sets the standard of success/excellence. Sometimes that’s a verbal threat. Sometimes it’s just laying out the consequences of performance for good or bad. Sometimes, it’s just about laying out specific ways that players and coaches are expected to perform.
LaFleur also makes some garbage personnel decisions. Going with Billy Turder at LT instead of Yosh Njiman. Now what we are seeing with Newman in there. He’s too scared to play his young guys over bad veterans.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Oct 2023 11:19
Scott4Pack wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

LaFleur also makes some garbage personnel decisions. Going with Billy Turder at LT instead of Yosh Njiman. Now what we are seeing with Newman in there. He’s too scared to play his young guys over bad veterans.
He'll gladly assign a rookie to punt returning duties, which pisses me off.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Papa John wrote:
01 Oct 2023 13:08

Because he doesn't actually care about ST, despite his rhetoric.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Like I said. You coach long enough you will have your share of successes and failures.

This morning Vic Fangio was a hero. This afternoon he is a dupe who allowed 48 points.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
01 Oct 2023 17:26
Papa John wrote:

I think he cares about it, I just think he is clueless about it. You could tell that from when drayton could not figure out how not to make terrible game ruining errors and Lafleur could do nothing to step in and improve the situation.

I don’t think he knows much about anything other than offense

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2023 17:33
Like I said. You coach long enough you will have your share of successes and failures.

This morning Vic Fangio was a hero. This afternoon he is a dupe who allowed 48 points.
Fangio still my hero

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Oct 2023 17:40
wallyuwl wrote:
01 Oct 2023 17:26
Papa John wrote:

I think he cares about it, I just think he is clueless about it. You could tell that from when drayton could not figure out how not to make terrible game ruining errors and Lafleur could do nothing to step in and improve the situation.

I don’t think he knows much about anything other than offense
I am not sure he knows much about offense.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Not sure why. Teams do it every year, including the Packers.

Didn’t Randall Cobb return punts and kickoffs as a rookie?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
01 Oct 2023 19:13
Papa John wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Not sure why. Teams do it every year, including the Packers.

Didn’t Randall Cobb return punts and kickoffs as a rookie?
:aok: Exactly. Every team does it.