Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:40
Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:36
Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:35

We really shouldn't be surprised. We are super young and inexperienced and beat up along the line. Not having Jones doesn't help. Was Watson still in there on the last O series?
Every year a new excuse
Usually I'd agree with you but this is a rebuilding year with the youngest roster in the league. I'm not surprised we are behind tonight.
It’s only a rebuilding year because the product is putrid. The roster is good enough to be 3-2 after tonight
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

For real tho, what yal think of the “Lafleur offense”? What the hell is it?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Love is in year 4 with a guaranteed deal in year 5.

Stop treating him like a rookie. If he isn’t good enough to carry this team he isn’t good enough. Great QBs will do better than this dog &%$@.

We are going to end up in that Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Joe Flacco purgatory where we pay a good enough QB to be borderline playoff contender and never good enough to do anything worthwhile.

Side note: I know Flacco was good enough to win but that was on a rookie deal. He was &%$@ once he got paid.
He really is first year starter. You don't grow as a QB riding the pine for 4 years. If we find he isn't the answer we'll go in another direction. It is just too damn soon to declare him a bust. AR didn't set the league on fire when he took over for #4 in 2008. Love may never be as good as 4 or 12 but do we really need him to be?

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:39
Tooothsome Jeb wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:38
Can only manage a FG against these Raiders and we all getting jubilant about a blocked FG :lol:
Well yeah, it kept it a one-score game. That's big
56 yds and a pick from Love. Wish I was a fly on the wall for Lafleur's inspiring half pep talk. Rudderless ship.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:47
Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:36

Every year a new excuse
Usually I'd agree with you but this is a rebuilding year with the youngest roster in the league. I'm not surprised we are behind tonight.
It’s only a rebuilding year because the product is putrid. The roster is good enough to be 3-2 after tonight
No that's totally wrong, it's a rebuilding year because the front office kept kicking the can down the road while trying to win one last time with Rodgers. All our cap hell is pinned on this season, and then they also cut a lot of the veteran guys and holdovers while committing to playing the young guys who they may have otherwise eased in more slowly.

Definitely a rebuilding year. The writing was on the wall going into the season, but we thought (and I still do think) that despite that, the team is good enough to make the playoffs. Could easily win this game, but if we don't, then we're still 2-3 and there is a long season ahead.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:48
No plan. Can't adjust to real time problems.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:46
If we are being honest with ourselves, Love has had a lot of poor play since the 4th quarter of week 2.
Yeah, Love hasn’t been great. He’s gotta be better.

That said, this entire offense has to be better. Coaching, blocking, running, routes, passing.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:48
Pretty bad so far. Looking at shanahan offenses (which I am assuming MLF wants to mimic), or the one he had in Tennessee, what we are missing is dominant running backs. Maybe need some better OL, but the rest of the pieces I would think would be sufficient, if MLF is as good as he is billed as.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

is that fireworks haze?

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

This Offense is so Jekyll and Hyde I won't be surprised if they come out and win this game, but at this point its hard to know wtf is going to happen.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nice play by Enagbare.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:50
Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

No that's totally wrong, it's a rebuilding year because the front office kept kicking the can down the road while trying to win one last time with Rodgers. All our cap hell is pinned on this season, and then they also cut a lot of the veteran guys and holdovers while committing to playing the young guys who they may have otherwise eased in more slowly.

Definitely a rebuilding year. The writing was on the wall going into the season, but we thought (and I still do think) that despite that, the team is good enough to make the playoffs. Could easily win this game, but if we don't, then we're still 2-3 and there is a long season ahead.
I agreed with your entire post until you started to talk about the playoffs. Gentlemen - this is NOT a playoff caliber team. We are at least a year away.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Defense steps up! :clap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nice job Rudy!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Except they were trying to win now and build for the future and when you try and do both you come away with nothing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rudy does what Savage should do.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Guess it comes down to what it came down to in the off-season…what’s your definition of rebuilding year?

Are we Super Bowl contenders..No

Should a team with 8 first rounders on d compete for a playoff spot? Yes in my opinion.

Rebuilding to me is bottom 1/4 of league, so a top 8 draft pick.

This team should be way better than that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LET'S GO BOYS!!!!!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:53
texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I agreed with your entire post until you started to talk about the playoffs. Gentlemen - this is NOT a playoff caliber team. We are at least a year away.
Half the teams that make the playoffs aren't looking like playoff teams yet. Long season and we will improve.