Packers-huddle NFL Draft contests

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Packers-huddle NFL Draft contests

Post by paco »

The draft is in 3.5 weeks. Time to get your mock on and start figuring out how the 1st round and Packers full draft will end up.
Now is the time to discuss any changes to the scoring or anything else. Have a look at the link and let me know if you have any suggestions. We'll finalize the format and scoring this week so people can start putting down their info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If you are new to the contests, here's a quick outline. There are 2.
1. Full First round draft. You pick then entire first round. 1-32 plus the next 5. Teams don't matter, just put a name in the draft position. You get points for how close that player gets picked compared to where you put them.

2. Packers full draft. You pick the player, the position, the round, and the exact slot. The closer you get, the more points you get.

You don't have to know squat about the draft to participate! Just throw some names in and see if you win!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Aright, got her all updated and ready to go for 2020.

Try not to screw up the formulas. :P

If want to join, currently 4 slots open, more can be added, just make a note if you want to join, I can help make sure everything works.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I changed pick 13 to SF.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Honestly, this off-season is flying by.

Can't believe we're already here.

I'm in.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Don't forget!
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Bumping now that we are only a week out.

Read More. Post Less.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

I'm in
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bumping again

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Alea jacta est - Done except for the Packers picks. Phew.

Looking at team needs I have a feeling some CBs and DL will get overdrafted and bumped into the 1st round. NFL.com has about half the teams with CB among top 3 needs, almost as many have DL there.
EDIT: And now JT O'Sullivan ranks Herbert only 8th among QBs, and I'll have to do some changes. :kaboom: Says his development curve has flattened out, and that speed of game looked too fast for him even in college. His ranking: 1. Tua, 2. Burrow, 3. Fromm, 4. Love, 5. Nate Stanley,

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

After the 4th/5th round I just start throwing out names... Half our draft is after the 5th... UGH!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Apr 2020 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 13:26
After the 4th/5th round I just start throwing our names... Half our draft is after the 5th... UGH!
Always a lot of work doing this, lol.

But definitely run out of targets by the 4th or 5th for sure.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 13:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
After the 4th/5th round I just start throwing our names... Half our draft is after the 5th... UGH!

The first round is fairly "easy." This year is a bit harder as there isn't a lot of consensus after the first 2 picks. If Detroit stays put then it makes it 3. Usually in years past there is 2-3 picks in the latter half of the draft that gains some media attention and linked to a team. Not really this year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Run out of targets!? That's just where my draft gets started!! haha

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoho would trade the 1st through 3rd picks if he could get 20 4th-7th rounders! :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Apr 2020 13:53
BF004 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Run out of targets!? That's just where my draft gets started!! haha
Actually was going to add a note that around there is where it finally starts to get fun for yoho. 🤣

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I kind of felt the 3rd round was a bit sparse.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 14:32
I kind of felt the 3rd round was a bit sparse.
Me too. I usually look at it in terms of Day 2. I do my first round of around 30 guys and Day 2 is kind of hodgepodge making up the rest of my Top-100. I have plenty of guys slotted in the mid-rounds, but I don't have a full top-100 to finish off that 3rd-round. I think it is a weak spot and maybe another reason we some trading up earlier in the draft than we may think.

I would love the trade down in 1 and trade up in 2 and/or 3 scenarios for the Pack this year.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I was going through some of my favorite semi-sleeper candidates and seeing which draft picks they slotted best into and I ended up with about 8 picks I'd love at 135, so yeah, heading into the 4th, I am READY.

I also traditionally love second round picks, hence my frequent desire to trade back. But this year, end of the second isn't overwhelming me, hence my willingness to trade up. :mrgreen:

I'll fill out my picks tonight. Maybe post a mock, before it starts tomorrow, too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ugh, can't figure out what to do with the first pick. I had been leaning trade down, but now I think it could be up depending who is there (very short list that I'm not sure will be there). Thinking I'm going to stop stressing so much, get out 1 last mock and make that my final one. I just don't have the patience for it this year.

Good luck everyone. Get your picks in with around half hour to go. I'll lock the sheet at that point.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
22 Apr 2020 17:23
Ugh, can't figure out what to do with the first pick. I had been leaning trade down, but now I think it could be up depending who is there (very short list that I'm not sure will be there). Thinking I'm going to stop stressing so much, get out 1 last mock and make that my final one. I just don't have the patience for it this year.

Good luck everyone. Get your picks in with around half hour to go. I'll lock the sheet at that point.
Much like every year, but moreso this year at 30, it could be either or depending on what happens with the other picks. I would have to be something the Packers felt REALLY good about to go up, though.

Read More. Post Less.