Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:18
go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:11

Didn't have the initial time to get it to him because of the rush, but I think he had determined the throw after he avoided the rush and as you say, late.
Did he have room to run? I felt he should have run it watching Live.

Man those drops by Doubs and Musgrave were just brutal.
Musgrave pass was behind him.
…and entirely catchable.

No, it wasn’t perfectly placed but you guys and your Love hate are just looking for &%$@ now.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Don’t see how Gute expects to give Love a fair evaluation with rookies at WR and the 2 sophomores really not being that good. I mean the raiders secondary has been bad all year. Where was doubs?? Musgraves is an obvious bright spot, but deguara and rookies at TE for Love?

Idk man
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:22
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:13

Did he have room to run? I felt he should have run it watching Live.

Man those drops by Doubs and Musgrave were just brutal.
…and entirely catchable.

No, it wasn’t perfectly placed but you guys and your Love hate are just looking for &%$@ now.
Musgrave did what rookies do. Don’t blame him for playing like almost all TEs throughout history.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:24
Don’t see how Gute expects to give Love a fair evaluation with rookies at WR and the 2 sophomores really not being that good. I mean the raiders secondary has been bad all year. Where was doubs?? Musgraves is an obvious bright spot, but deguara and rookies at TE for Love?

Idk man
There is absolutely a world where a fair evaluation could happen. They just aren't living up to it.

We asked this offense to get to 20 points and 17 net points. Any offense, especially with the talent we have, should be fairly expected to hit that.

The players and coaches can have accountability for this. Not everything has to be rolled up to the top.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:26
APB wrote:
bud fox wrote:

…and entirely catchable.

Musgrave did what rookies do. Don’t blame him for playing like almost all TEs throughout history.
If he misses a block or runs the wrong route, fine. But if it hits you in the hands, catch it!
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Musgrave pass should be a catch but at the same time the pass was behind and late.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I've about had it with LaFleur. He's doing a crap job of playing to his team's strengths. Finally gets the run game going, and then forgets about it when the game is there to take (just like late-stage MM.) He knows his QB is inaccurate and he calls deep shots. He knows his OL is bad and his HB is slow but he tries to run outside, do end-arounds, and backward passes. He hired Barry, a guy literally no one wanted or liked. The damn offense can't run a simple screen play anymore! Bill Belichick had a simple philosophy: Take away your opponent's strength. But what does LaFleur do? He let's their only good defender almost single-handedly wreck our offense, and that's now become a theme with him.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:
bud fox wrote:

…and entirely catchable.

No. He can be blamed for dropping an 8 yard pass that was in the catch zone.

My gawd. Just be reasonable in evaluation. Why is a third of this forum so keen on being cute on so many takes?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:28
Drj820 wrote:

Idk man
There is absolutely a world where a fair evaluation could happen. They just aren't living up to it.

We asked this offense to get to 20 points and 17 net points. Any offense, especially with the talent we have, should be fairly expected to hit that.

The players and coaches can have accountability for this. Not everything has to be rolled up to the top.
Ya I agree.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:17
Tear it down. Everyone is a cancer.
this is all the fault of David Bakhtiari :rotf:

my optimism for a double digit win season is slowly starting to dissipate :cry:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:55
texas wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:50

No that's totally wrong, it's a rebuilding year because the front office kept kicking the can down the road while trying to win one last time with Rodgers. All our cap hell is pinned on this season, and then they also cut a lot of the veteran guys and holdovers while committing to playing the young guys who they may have otherwise eased in more slowly.

Definitely a rebuilding year. The writing was on the wall going into the season, but we thought (and I still do think) that despite that, the team is good enough to make the playoffs. Could easily win this game, but if we don't, then we're still 2-3 and there is a long season ahead.
Guess it comes down to what it came down to in the off-season…what’s your definition of rebuilding year?

Are we Super Bowl contenders..No

Should a team with 8 first rounders on d compete for a playoff spot? Yes in my opinion.

Rebuilding to me is bottom 1/4 of league, so a top 8 draft pick.

This team should be way better than that.
Yeah, I don't think we're bottom 8, so not that bad of a rebuild. But all of the decisions made by the front office resulted in taking our lumps this year (as opposed to previous years or future years). So it is clear to me that to the extent we needed to pay the piper, they deliberately chose this year to do it.
Yup. But I recall Rodgers had issues when he took over for Farve. D. Adams struggled his first 2/3 seasons too. We all have to realize this is a rebuilding year. We have some nice talent to work with so patience is needed right now.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:30
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

…and entirely catchable.

My gawd. Just be reasonable in evaluation. Why is a third of this forum so keen on being cute on so many takes?
I just didn’t think it was a good ball, and TEs drop bad balls. Especially rookie TEs who have never played in Vegas on the road in the last 2 minutes

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:32
paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:17
Tear it down. Everyone is a cancer.
this is all the fault of David Bakhtiari :rotf:

my optimism for a double digit win season is slowly starting to dissipate :cry:
Yeah I was going to say that too. I'm adjusting my expected win column. I thought we had a realistic shot at 10+ wins this year. But being 2-3 is not good enough with the front of our schedule being the easier part.

I think 8 wins is looking more like our ceiling.

Honestly I don't think this is a good football team. And I don't know if MLF is the guy to build this next GB era.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:33
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Especially rookie TEs who have never played in Vegas on the road in the last 2 minutes
So likely a population size of 1 right? :lol:

That was oddly and peculiarly very, very specific.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I don’t care what Rodgers looked like 20 years ago when he took over for Favre. The league is totally different. Everything is set up for the QB to succeed now. I’m
Not out on love and I wanna be patient with him. But the comparisons to how things were down twenty years ago don’t work for me

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Too bad we didn't score more points. :shock:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:35
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Especially rookie TEs who have never played in Vegas on the road in the last 2 minutes
So likely a population size of 1 right? :lol:

That was oddly and peculiarly very, very specific.
My point was he’s never been in that situation before in his life. We’d be blessed if he caught a good ball, I almost didn’t expect him to catch a ball behind him.

My other point: the doubs drop was MUCH worse. He’s been in these situations and his ball hit him right in the Chest

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:

Idk man
One good thing is they will all grow at the same time.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 20:55

Guess it comes down to what it came down to in the off-season…what’s your definition of rebuilding year?

Are we Super Bowl contenders..No

Should a team with 8 first rounders on d compete for a playoff spot? Yes in my opinion.

Rebuilding to me is bottom 1/4 of league, so a top 8 draft pick.

This team should be way better than that.
Yeah, I don't think we're bottom 8, so not that bad of a rebuild. But all of the decisions made by the front office resulted in taking our lumps this year (as opposed to previous years or future years). So it is clear to me that to the extent we needed to pay the piper, they deliberately chose this year to do it.
Yup. But I recall Rodgers had issues when he took over for Farve. D. Adams struggled his first 2/3 seasons too. We all have to realize this is a rebuilding year. We have some nice talent to work with so patience is needed right now.
Adams was good season 1 (see 2014 Pats game), but he was stuck behind vets. Season 2 is when he hurt his ankle and pooped the bed, so to speak.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:28
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

…and entirely catchable.

If he misses a block or runs the wrong route, fine. But if it hits you in the hands, catch it!
If memory serves Adams had drop issues as did Finley early on in their careers.