Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Just rewatched the musgrave “drop”, I think that’s a way harder catch than some are giving credence to. His whole body and momentum was going to middle of field, and love threw a dart to his opposite side low. I don’t blame him.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So what now? The coaches don't put players in position to play to their strengths or succeed. WR dropping passes. Love still is inaccurate and often late. OL not even average. RB2 slow and goes down easily (though today might have been his 2nd best game in the league).

The whole thing is a dumpster fire.

I doubt they beat the Broncos, at best 50:50. They might not win again this season with how Chicago looks lately.
Last edited by wallyuwl on 09 Oct 2023 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:36
My other point: the doubs drop was MUCH worse. He’s been in these situations and his ball hit him right in the Chest
Cant drop balls in the clutch. Neither( Doubs or Musgrave) helped their struggling QB. Both players were drafted to catch the ball. So, $%@# do it. I am being pissy I know but I hate when this team sucks, and they sure do right now.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:40
paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:28
Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:26

Musgrave did what rookies do. Don’t blame him for playing like almost all TEs throughout history.
If he misses a block or runs the wrong route, fine. But if it hits you in the hands, catch it!
If memory serves Adams had drop issues as did Finley early on in their careers.
Wasn't happy with them either for that! Catching is the 1 thing they shouldn't have to be taught at this level.
RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Losing to Josh McDaniels just feels like entering another realm of suckage.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lake shark wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:48
And he even tried to give it to us at the end!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:50
lake shark wrote:

23-13 with zero chance of a late game win if not for two missed FG

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:52
APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:50
lake shark wrote:

23-13 with zero chance of a late game win if not for two missed FG
The important thing is we won the Carlson Bowl.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:47
Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:28

If he misses a block or runs the wrong route, fine. But if it hits you in the hands, catch it!
Wasn't happy with them either for that! Catching is the 1 thing they shouldn't have to be taught at this level.
I think they did finally figure it out tho. I recall back then folks were wanting to ditch Adams. I'm glad the coaches had more patience.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I hate to say I was right but…

Actually I do like to say it because this is the second time I’ve said while the team was enjoying a ton of success in terms of record but it was clear to see what was happening if anyone did any type of research what so ever.

Absolute &%$@ show at GM right now and in extension the president who hired both GM and coach.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:55
paco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:47
Pugger wrote:

I think they did finally figure it out tho. I recall back then folks were wanting to ditch Adams. I'm glad the coaches had more patience.
I'm glad as well.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazy we are a miracle comeback away from bein 1-4 right now with our only win vs the Bears. :?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:22
bud fox wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:18
go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 22:13

Did he have room to run? I felt he should have run it watching Live.

Man those drops by Doubs and Musgrave were just brutal.
Musgrave pass was behind him.
It was a drop
For years we have been hearing about passes 1mm off. We would freeze frame a play and say Rodgers should have got it to him in this instant.

Now it's "Love didn't have time because of the rush" "Love had to pass it behind him".

Changes.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:02
Crazy we are a miracle comeback away from bein 1-4 right now with our only win vs the Bears. :?
So far we have been in every game this year save one. Except for the Lions we haven't been blown out. Mistakes by inexperienced players and OL issues did us in tonight. I figured this was gonna be a challenging season. Now we have some time to get some of our walking wounded back. Hopefully better days are ahead.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

The last throw to Watson was under thrown. A bettr QB doesn’t give the D an opportunity to INT the ball. If anything it should have been all the way to the corner. I know easy to say, not so easy to do. That’s why most of us not NFL QBs. The defender played the ball - good D bad for us. Love is on the learning curve, get better, fix the mistakes and you will do well. Don’t be afraid to use your legs.

Disappointing loss. The D stepped up several times including the stop after the first INT.

Raider fans were OK. I’m guessing not too many of them are from Oakland.

Hope you liked the pics I posted.

Go Pack Go.
GO PACK GO!!!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:

Actually I do like to say it because this is the second time I’ve said while the team was enjoying a ton of success in terms of record but it was clear to see what was happening if anyone did any type of research what so ever.

Absolute &%$@ show at GM right now and in extension the president who hired both GM and coach.
You absolutely love to say it. Exhaustively so. :roll:

But, in my mind, it’s still premature to be making an absolute judgment. Yeah, he sucked against LV, an opponent this offense should have been able to score on, and he hasn’t been “good” outside of week one (and a half of play against NO) but there are reasons to be patient in judgment.

He’s shown, at times, pocket presence and good decision making. He needs consistency, though.

He’s shown command of the offense. I’m not convinced a good number of the errors we’re seeing are his fault, at least not entirely. If he’s throwing to a spot with the expectation of the receiver being there - and then he’s not- that’s not on Love. We, as fans, can never know for certain in those instances, but I’m sure it’s happening.

He’s also got the physical tools. That, I don’t think, is questioned.

Anyway, several reasons to not be throwing in the towel on the guy. That is, unless you’ve just got an axe to grind over and over and over…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:13
lupedafiasco wrote:

But, in my mind, it’s still premature to be making an absolute judgment. Yeah, he sucked against LV, an opponent this offense should have been able to score on, and he hasn’t been “good” outside of week one (and a half of play against NO) but there are reasons to be patient in judgment.

He’s shown, at times, pocket presence and good decision making. He needs consistency, though.

He’s shown command of the offense. I’m not convinced a good number of the errors we’re seeing are his fault, at least not entirely. If he’s throwing to a spot with the expectation of the receiver being there - and then he’s not- that’s not on Love. We, as fans, can never know for certain in those instances, but I’m sure it’s happening.

Anyway, several reasons to not be throwing in the towel on the guy. That is, unless you’ve just got an axe to grind over and over and over…
I would agree if he’s a rookie. This is year 4.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:38
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

But he is basically a rookie. Yes, he sat behind AR for 3 years but you don't learn how to be an NFL QB holding a clip board. AR sat behind Favre for 3 years. In Rodgers' first season, the Packers were 6-10, and he had some stinkers. This is still Love's 6th start. He has only thrown 215 passes in his career. Add to that, our pass catchers have something like 40 combined games played so far, and there will be struggles, and we are seeing that. Compare to 2008, Rodgers was throwing to an established Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and James Jones and Donald Lee. It will take more time to have an accurate picture of what we have in Jordan Love.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
10 Oct 2023 00:11
lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:38
APB wrote:

But he is basically a rookie. Yes, he sat behind AR for 3 years but you don't learn how to be an NFL QB holding a clip board. AR sat behind Favre for 3 years. In Rodgers' first season, the Packers were 6-10, and he had some stinkers. This is still Love's 6th start. He has only thrown 215 passes in his career. Add to that, our pass catchers have something like 40 combined games played so far, and there will be struggles, and we are seeing that. Compare to 2008, Rodgers was throwing to an established Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and James Jones and Donald Lee. It will take more time to have an accurate picture of what we have in Jordan Love.
Nah. Not buying it. He’s not basically a rookie. Those first 3 years count against the cap. Now he’s being paid like a big boy. Play like it.

Rodgers went 6-10 but he played well. Nothing about Love looks good. His best plays so far have been the times he has run the ball or gotten DPI calls. Minus a few exceptional catches by his WRs he has looked like absolute garbage.

Honestly. Ask yourself objectively. If the Packers were in Bears colors would you know the difference between Love and Cutler or Turd Biscuit?

We want to talk &%$@ in Fields all day long but Love looks significantly worse.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

We also have the easiest schedule overall.