Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:10
The last throw to Watson was under thrown. A bettr QB doesn’t give the D an opportunity to INT the ball. If anything it should have been all the way to the corner. I know easy to say, not so easy to do. That’s why most of us not NFL QBs. The defender played the ball - good D bad for us. Love is on the learning curve, get better, fix the mistakes and you will do well. Don’t be afraid to use your legs.

Disappointing loss. The D stepped up several times including the stop after the first INT.

Raider fans were OK. I’m guessing not too many of them are from Oakland.

Hope you liked the pics I posted.

Go Pack Go.
They aren’t from Oakland because they had like a $10k seat license or something ridiculous to maintain tickets.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
10 Oct 2023 01:09
We also have the easiest schedule overall.

Right.

I just don’t understand Packers fans.

Two years ago the fans want to blame the QB for not scoring more in the playoffs. We trade one of the best WRs in the league.

The following year we want to blame the 4 time overall, back to back MVP QB.

When are we going to start looking inward? Who is loose are we going to blame? We blamed Capers. Then we blamed MM. Then we blamed Pettine. Then we blamed Rodgers. Then we blamed Barry.

This team is run like &%$@ from the top down. But it’s a “narrative.” Well good luck continuing to trying to dispute my narrative that look more and more like reality.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

I've been saying the same thing and get rounded up on by the usual pack of wolves. It's been apparent to the casual observer AR was the sauce that covers a multitude of sins, and having eight 1st round picks on your defense matters not when a totally incompetent buddy of the incompetent HC is somehow owed a favor. Slocum owned and operated a luxury home-building business full-time, did our Special Teams part-time. It's the old boy's club, you build my house at a 25% discount, we'll keep you around next year despite your 32nd ranking. Probably 2 years. People have no idea what or who or why they're rooting for anymore.

The chickens are coming home to roost, this club is full Hindenburg and there has to be full accountability, many more embarrassments on the docket.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:10
go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2023 23:02
Crazy we are a miracle comeback away from bein 1-4 right now with our only win vs the Bears. :?
So far we have been in every game this year save one. Except for the Lions we haven't been blown out. Mistakes by inexperienced players and OL issues did us in tonight. I figured this was gonna be a challenging season. Now we have some time to get some of our walking wounded back. Hopefully better days are ahead.
We’ve only played one good team: the lions. If the raiders or falcons blew us out, we would be a bottom 3 team in the league.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

People can say “well we knew there would be growing pains” and “I guess this is what it’s like to be rebuilding”

No.

Lose a close game to a decent team and you can blame that on experience. Lose to the falcons or the 1-3 raiders in game you have more fans in the seat and you look at the coach. We had 11 days to prepare. We are seeing Lafleur without 12, and it’s scary.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 03:25
People can say “well we knew there would be growing pains” and “I guess this is what it’s like to be rebuilding”

No.

Lose a close game to a decent team and you can blame that on experience. Lose to the falcons or the 1-3 raiders in game you have more fans in the seat and you look at the coach. We had 11 days to prepare. We are seeing Lafleur without 12, and it’s scary.
It's not just MLF's fault though. The Packers lack experienced talent on offense and at times it will show this season. Overall, I believe they're better than what they showed against the Raiders yesterday though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Oct 2023 01:16

When are we going to start looking inward? Who is loose are we going to blame? We blamed Capers. Then we blamed MM. Then we blamed Pettine. Then we blamed Rodgers. Then we blamed Barry.

This team is run like &%$@ from the top down. But it’s a “narrative.” Well good luck continuing to trying to dispute my narrative that look more and more like reality.
This is quite possibly the dumbest post on this forum.

1. What are you trying to accomplish here? It's like you "see the light" but nobody else does.
2. Are you calling out Packers fans for being stupid and not holding people accountable?
3. Then you transition to saying Packers fans do hold people accountable but saying Packers fans are stupid for holding the wrong people accountable
4. You are trying to link a decade of skapegoats to an overall larger and systemic problem for our lack of SB winning

It is not creative or enlightening to think "fire the GM, or the Presidnet, or the Board". About 50% of every drunk caller on a post-game radio show also thought of that. And not just Packers fans. This is literally every sports fan. of every team. on every post-game reaction show. after a loss.

If you want to go high level, you will see that the Packers are actually incredibly successful over a 30 year period and that if you want to, you can find fault in every player, coach, and organization over a period of time. Every team loses. Every one of them. Last long enough in the league and you will lose. It's as certain as gravity.

Except for one man. Tom Brady.

And I'm not saying coaching and front office isn't the problem. They very well may be. But spouting the same drunk line after every loss starts to lose credibility.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 06:41
lupedafiasco wrote:

This is quite possibly the dumbest post on this forum.

1. What are you trying to accomplish here? It's like you "see the light" but nobody else does.
2. Are you calling out Packers fans for being stupid and not holding people accountable?
3. Then you transition to saying Packers fans do hold people accountable but saying Packers fans are stupid for holding the wrong people accountable
4. You are trying to link a decade of skapegoats to an overall larger and systemic problem for our lack of SB winning

It is not creative or enlightening to think "fire the GM, or the Presidnet, or the Board". About 50% of every drunk caller on a post-game radio show also thought of that. And not just Packers fans. This is literally every sports fan. of every team. on every post-game reaction show. after a loss.

If you want to go high level, you will see that the Packers are actually incredibly successful over a 30 year period and that if you want to, you can find fault in every player, coach, and organization over a period of time. Every team loses. Every one of them. Last long enough in the league and you will lose. It's as certain as gravity.

Except for one man. Tom Brady.

And I'm not saying coaching and front office isn't the problem. They very well may be. But spouting the same drunk line after every loss starts to lose credibility.
you just don't like the message

Murphy through loyalty to Ted allowed him to stay in office at least 2 years longer then he should have, and Gutekunst has made some very lame draft decisions, and since the hire of Lafleur who actually has made the biggest difference in our win/lost record, Rodgers, problem is some here just hate that dude and don't want that to be true.

as others have said, Rodgers wasn't the problem for 2022, the problem was there all along and your seeing some of that now in Matt and his terrible game plans, we looked like a JV team last night.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 06:57
as others have said, Rodgers wasn't the problem for 2022, the problem was there all along and your seeing some of that now in Matt and his terrible game plans
And as others have repeatedly said, Rodgers wasn't THE problem but he had certainly become part of the problem last year. He didn't play well in his final year with this team, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. That resulted in many faults with this team being exposed, MLF's game plans among them.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:

Murphy through loyalty to Ted allowed him to stay in office at least 2 years longer then he should have, and Gutekunst has made some very lame draft decisions, and since the hire of Lafleur who actually has made the biggest difference in our win/lost record, Rodgers, problem is some here just hate that dude and don't want that to be true.

as others have said, Rodgers wasn't the problem for 2022, the problem was there all along and your seeing some of that now in Matt and his terrible game plans, we looked like a JV team last night.
That’s 100% what it is. It kills this forum to say we were right. It kills them even more to realize Rodgers really did carry this organization.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
10 Oct 2023 07:09
Yoop wrote:
as others have said, Rodgers wasn't the problem for 2022, the problem was there all along and your seeing some of that now in Matt and his terrible game plans
And as others have repeatedly said, Rodgers wasn't THE problem but he had certainly become part of the problem last year. He didn't play well in his final year with this team, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. That resulted in many faults with this team being exposed, MLF's game plans among them.
unlike the first 3 seasons where Rodgers and Tae went off script at times because the called plays wouldn't work, last year without Tae my opinion is that Rodgers stuck more with the called plays, and we saw the results of that and blamed Rodgers, take away Rodgers last year and we'd of had a top 5 pick.

crap blocking, and lack of experience at WR, we are seeing the same problems we had last year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Oct 2023 07:14
Yoop wrote:

That’s 100% what it is. It kills this forum to say we were right. It kills them even more to realize Rodgers really did carry this organization.
yep, I admit to some homerism myself, and try to remain optimistic, but much of these issues are long standing and do date back to 2017-18.

we are being out coached and out played (injuries not withstanding) Love has to play better then this or that will be our first pick in this coming draft.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I remember for years all the hate rodgers would get bc he liked whiskey over beer. Or was Cali cool and not Mississippi down to earth, or later in his career because he didn’t want a jab. He would mis place a ball by one inch and get all the blame as the receiver dropping the ball was totally excused. He would have a mid year to his standards and people would say he was a middle of the pack qb compared to rest of nfl, not considering all the winning stuff he would do that had nothing to do with throwing like presnap stuff or protecting the ball….

I used to always say the same thing…yal are gonna hate to see this offense without him. This man is covering a multitude of sins.

But very few wanted to hear it. They just wanted the hippie to walk the plank. Well, now it’s the packer org walking the plank, because the teams deodorant for the last decade is not walking through that door.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 07:57
I remember for years all the hate rodgers would get bc he liked whiskey over beer. Or was Cali cool and not Mississippi down to earth, or later in his career because he didn’t want a jab. He would mis place a ball by one inch and get all the blame as the receiver dropping the ball was totally excused. He would have a mid year to his standards and people would say he was a middle of the pack qb compared to rest of nfl, not considering all the winning stuff he would do that had nothing to do with throwing like presnap stuff or protecting the ball….

I used to always say the same thing…yal are gonna hate to see this offense without him. This man is covering a multitude of sins.

But very few wanted to hear it. They just wanted the hippie to walk the plank. Well, now it’s the packer org walking the plank, because the teams deodorant for the last decade is not walking through that door.
Okay, well age was going to catch up with Rodgers eventually and make him no longer that guy himself. If anything, we needed to let him walk through the door a year earlier, because he stopped being deodorant in 2022.

This time last year we lost to the Jets, after Jaire assured us only to worry about the team if we lost that game, and then lost to a sorry WAS team, due to putrid play on O and at QB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:19
Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 07:57

Okay, well age was going to catch up with Rodgers eventually and make him no longer that guy himself. If anything, we needed to let him walk through the door a year earlier, because he stopped being deodorant in 2022.

This time last year we lost to the Jets, after Jaire assured us only to worry about the team if we lost that game, and then lost to a sorry WAS team, due to putrid play on O and at QB.
I’m talking about how he was maligned while he was here, I had no problem with last year being the end due to age and circumstance

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

We should be looking forward, not back.

I look forward to MLF and his crew of lame coaches getting ousted. And also looking forward to Jordan and his receivers flourishing under a new offensive coordinator. And also consistently witnessing a defense that allows fewer than 20 points.

:thwap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
bud fox wrote:
10 Oct 2023 01:09
We also have the easiest schedule overall.

Right.

I just don’t understand Packers fans.

Two years ago the fans want to blame the QB for not scoring more in the playoffs. We trade one of the best WRs in the league.

The following year we want to blame the 4 time overall, back to back MVP QB.

Well this is just factually incorrect by like every conceivably metric. All time wins, super bowl era wins, last 3 decades wins, last 5-10 years wins, Super Bowls, division titles, playoff appearances, prestige, reputation. This team is perpetually competitive. They are really well run compared to their competition.

They just haven't been run well enough to get it done more, meet expectations. We all knew this would be a bit of a process moving on from Rodgers, and we are paying the price for going all in with him for the final 2-3 years. Nothing should really be surprising this year.

Murphy is at retirement age. LaFleur, Gute and Love all pretty much got about 14 more months to get this back on track again or I am sure more than a few changes will be made.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Any fan that thinks what we witnessed last couple years was “going all in” is under a delusion. You aren’t going all in when entering the draft you have more than 7 picks the last few years.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Need to really stop saying we went all in with Rodgers when damn near the entire 2020 draft class was made go replace him and then traded a top 3 WR away.

We never went all in. Gutenbumst gave the illusion of going all in by just pushing money out on bad existing contracts like Dean Lowry, Billy Turder, Mercedes Lewis, Kevin King, etc…

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:32
We should be looking forward, not back.

I look forward to MLF and his crew of lame coaches getting ousted. And also looking forward to Jordan and his receivers flourishing under a new offensive coordinator. And also consistently witnessing a defense that allows fewer than 20 points.

:thwap:
MLF has at least through 2024 guaranteed without getting fired. Just how it is. And the team that should on paper make the divisional round next year will not make the playoffs largely due to his coaching decisions.