Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Dick Butkus passed away. Despite being a Bear, we was a legend. Deserves his respect today.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Butkus was on the sideline at the Bear-Packer game at Soldier Field a few Sundays ago. A legendary Hall of Fame linebacker from Illinois who won every defensive award imaginable as an NFL player. Never had a decent offense, so I doubt he ever played in a NFL playoff game. Butkus' 1969 Bears team went 1 and 13. Played all taped up alot, had bad knees.....fierce tackler. Tons of passion. A real football player. May Dick Butkus rest in peace.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hey, at least they got something.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

What is that old saying, sometimes the best trades are the ones that are not made?

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

For Miami, I think Claypool can basically be a Mike Gesicki replacement. That offense is scary.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2023 09:56
For Miami, I think Claypool can basically be a Mike Gesicki replacement. That offense is scary.
As a Tua owner in fantasy, I approve of this move.

As an aside, if Claypool wasn't happy with his limited role in Chicago, just wait until he sees the scarce morsels he'll be fed in Miami.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

OMG this rant is an instant classic :rotf: (rant/video starts at 4:16).....

The rant is against NY Giants OT Evan Neal belittling the team's fans as "burger flippers" for booing them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
06 Oct 2023 16:40

The rant is against NY Giants OT Evan Neal belittling the team's fans as "burger flippers" for booing them.
That was actually fun. And gotta say I agree.

Makes me feel a bit better about the affairs of packer football at the moment. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:

Settle. down. guy.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
07 Oct 2023 07:55
Labrev wrote:

Settle. down. guy.
hey man we need players and coaches who act emotional like this :lol:

I thought he was about to take a bite or at least toss the mic :rotf:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Claypool sucks ass. My friend (the one who gets most football predictions right, way better than anyone I have seen including GMs) said last season when Claypool was on the trading block that he really hopes we don't get him because he's really overrated and never does anything worthwhile. And a bit of a headcase. It was a good thing we lost out on the Claypool sweepstakes to Chicago.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Keep this tweet in mind next time you’re feeling a little down on the Packers…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
09 Oct 2023 18:24
Keep this tweet in mind next time you’re feeling a little down on the Packers…

thats not so bad, we only got one player for all that compensation back in the 70's, so when ya consider inflation the last 50 years they got two guys :hail:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Holy hell has twitter ever started to suck. Following GB players is why I joined in the first place long ago then we got the golden era of live practice notes.

Gameday its always been a huge enhancement, the convo better than the Aikman/Buck blathering; it sees things you miss (injuries, personnel shifts, etc...)

Between so many quitting and the firehose of nonsense, yesterday it wasn't really useable. Do any of y'all know of a good alternative for live gameday chat? Maybe a good discord group? Threads may be viable for news, but there is no point in opening it during a game even following a lot of packers related stuff.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Waldo wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:37
Holy hell has twitter ever started to suck. Following GB players is why I joined in the first place long ago then we got the golden era of live practice notes.

Gameday its always been a huge enhancement, the convo better than the Aikman/Buck blathering; it sees things you miss (injuries, personnel shifts, etc...)

Between so many quitting and the firehose of nonsense, yesterday it wasn't really useable. Do any of y'all know of a good alternative for live gameday chat? Maybe a good discord group? Threads may be viable for news, but there is no point in opening it during a game even following a lot of packers related stuff.
I think you may have answered your own question by posting on this here packer forum.
Spoiler

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:41
Waldo wrote:

I think you may have answered your own question by posting on this here packer forum.
Spoiler
Ya, it could be that way, but unfortunately a few just ruin it game in and game out.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2023 09:53
What is that old saying, sometimes the best trades are the ones that are not made?

The fact BG offered a 2nd round pick makes me question if he is our long term GM.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:32
NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2023 09:53

The fact BG offered a 2nd round pick makes me question if he is our long term GM.
I’ll never believe any rumor about a packer offer unless we actually complete a trade for someone.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:32
It didn't seem to be a terrible idea to trade for Claypool at the time Gutekunst supposedly offered a pick to acquire him. In hindsight the Packers got lucky the Steelers traded him to Chicago.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:45
BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:41
Waldo wrote:

Spoiler
Ya, it could be that way, but unfortunately a few just ruin it game in and game out.
Just a heads up, You are one of “the few” btw
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23