Week 5 Post-Game: Raiders 17 Packers 13

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:31
BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:39
This game was like worst case scenario long term.

We get the L, Love looks awful, definitely questioning if we can be the guy long term, and D actually looks really well, increasing the odds Barry is back again next year.
Yeah it really wasn't good.

Good news is there is a lot of ball game left to get it on the right track. We aren't fighting for a playoff seed. We are just fighting to see something to build upon.

But yes. Yesterday was about as rough an outcome as it can for this next era of the roster.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some creative and thoughtful ranting to do...

"I've been saying it for years. It starts at the top...." :swear:
funny, all I remember is you blaming Rodgers, or defending mid tier or less receivers.

the inane support for the FO is what I remember from you and some others the last 5 or 6 years.

and people like me and a few others didn't know what we where talking about. :dunno:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

At the same time Musgrave is open and so is Taylor on the swing...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:41
**snip**
Dunno if Mike Wahle has his video on the game out yet but he says this same thing a lot, MLF keeps calling these TE blocks against stud EDGE guys like Crosby and Hutchinson, and Wahle says it's something that works only on the whiteboard/paper.
Last edited by Labrev on 10 Oct 2023 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:39
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 08:39
This game was like worst case scenario long term.

We get the L, Love looks awful, definitely questioning if we can be the guy long term, and D actually looks really well, increasing the odds Barry is back again next year.

Good news is there is a lot of ball game left to get it on the right track. We aren't fighting for a playoff seed. We are just fighting to see something to build upon.

But yes. Yesterday was about as rough an outcome as it can for this next era of the roster.

funny, all I remember is you blaming Rodgers, or defending mid tier or less receivers.
That's a you problem. Read more. Listen more. Understand more.

In no world has anyone on this forum been just about that.

Labrev was the closest to being solely that but he did it and turned to it specifically because the Rodgers Homers were so over the top defensive and pitch forky that he became the anti-you to speed back what you were spitting out.
Last edited by go pak go on 10 Oct 2023 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:

You can say what you want. Time is a flat circle. I have been saying the 2018 draft class we came away with one player. That crop of players should be our veterans right now. We got literal &%$@ in the 2020 which again should be our veteran players on the last year of their rookie deals excepting for a new contract and they’re all bad. The 2021 class should be our ascending talent but they’re all bad.

While everyone here was hyped about making the playoffs as the 2nd best team in the conference I’m looking at what we were building and knowing it was good enough to win or be sustainable.

Like I said a flat circle. It’s no different than when I was warning everyone the collapse coming at the end of TTs reign when our 2015, 16, and 17 classes were atrocious.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:49
go pak go wrote:

You can say what you want. Time is a flat circle. I have been saying the 2018 draft class we came away with one player. That crop of players should be our veterans right now. We got literal &%$@ in the 2020 which again should be our veteran players on the last year of their rookie deals excepting for a new contract and they’re all bad. The 2021 class should be our ascending talent but they’re all bad.

While everyone here was hyped about making the playoffs as the 2nd best team in the conference I’m looking at what we were building and knowing it was good enough to win or be sustainable.

Like I said a flat circle. It’s no different than when I was warning everyone the collapse coming at the end of TTs reign when our 2015, 16, and 17 classes were atrocious.
Lupe. We all knew the 2018 class was bad. We all knew the 2020 class was bad.

It's why a lot of us outside of yoop expected an 8 - 11 win season as an optimistic end. The optimism stemmed from hope on the 2022 and 2023 draft classes in addition to an easy schedule. There was reason to be optimistic. There was also reason to be cautious.

And guess what. There is still reason to be optimistic. And still reason to believe the 2024 might start trending to once again look like a different team due to the rest of the year not looking good.

Saying "I've been saying for years Darnell Savage sucks" when pretty much everyone on this forum disagreed with the 5th year option isn't being the smartest in the room. It is simply observing what most everyone else was already observing
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
It’s no different than when I was warning everyone the collapse coming at the end of TTs reign when our 2015, 16, and 17 classes were atrocious.
Broken Clock and all that jazz.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:47
Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:39
go pak go wrote:

That's a you problem. Read more. Listen more. Understand more.

In no world has anyone on this forum been just about that.

Labrev was the closest to being solely that but he did it and turned to it specifically because the Rodgers Homers were so over the top defensive and pitch forky that he became the anti-you to speed back what you were spitting out.
every time we lost or didn't play well it was Rodgers fault, and his salary was the reason we couldn't get better players, the drafts have basically been crap for 10 years, outside of just a few players.

defense wins championships, that was the defense for using every high pick on defense and not fortifying the WR position, not saying you, but that was the homeristic comments in this forum.

small ball and great defense was the answer, we only need a average QB :rotf:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 09:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It's why a lot of us outside of yoop expected an 8 - 11 win season as an optimistic end. The optimism stemmed from hope on the 2022 and 2023 draft classes in addition to an easy schedule. There was reason to be optimistic. There was also reason to be cautious.

And guess what. There is still reason to be optimistic. And still reason to believe the 2024 might start trending to once again look like a different team due to the rest of the year not looking good.

Saying "I've been saying for years Darnell Savage sucks" when pretty much everyone on this forum disagreed with the 5th year option isn't being the smartest in the room. It is simply observing what most everyone else was already observing
At what point do you, personally, start to consider that top brass might be the problem?
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
It’s no different than when I was warning everyone the collapse coming at the end of TTs reign when our 2015, 16, and 17 classes were atrocious.
Broken Clock and all that jazz.
that Damn Aaron Rodgers, we should have put Love in last year, by now he'd sure be able to deal with a pass rush, better then that dang burn Rodgers anywho :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:01
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

At what point do you, personally, start to consider that top brass might be the problem?
:rotf: please refrain from asking the hard questions :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I started considering it a year ago. And I am continuing to think it may be a problem. Gute's draft report card is nowhere near Ted's success (pre 2015). His Free Agent fishing has been very good but ultimately a GM needs to be judged on his drafts.

I am absolutely at the point where the seat should be getting warm for the coach and GM.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Savage has been the least of our defensive issues, we have scheme problems, which have evolved into player problems, Savage quit on Barry, and so did our all pro CB, your so naive you refuse to realize that

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:08
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Savage has been the least of our defensive issues, we have scheme problems, which have evolved into player problems, Savage quit on Barry, and so did our all pro CB, your so naive you refuse to realize that
So that's why Savage didn't go up and intercept that ball last night... to send a message.

Our team has been full of message senders to lead to losses. This of course is coming from the same guy who will pick a fight with anyone who suggests it's better to lose meaningless games in December for draft slots.

You're an absolute enigma dude.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Why the $%@# are we talking about Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson, move the $%@# on. Plenty wrong RIGHT NOW to talk about.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:05
Papa John wrote:
go pak go wrote:

:rotf: please refrain from asking the hard questions :rotf:
Where does Stenavich fit into this obvious mess? Stenavich is a 310 pound line coach from Marshfield Wisconsin.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

My hope for the season is to be entertained. I was entertained. My hope for the team is that over the course of the season, we find out what we've got. At just past the quarter pole there are lots of questions, but there is some good in there. We'll enter next season with solid draft capital, a pretty clean cap, and some money to spend.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... ante-adams

A good read on why Preston Smith was covering Adams and why that was a problem.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:16
Why the $%@# are we talking about Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson, move the $%@# on. Plenty wrong RIGHT NOW to talk about.
This is how I feel too! Why the constant rehashing issues from years gone by. It is not pertinent to this team NOW. It's ludicrous to continue discussing spurious opinions. There are certainly enough issues to be concerned about with the current team. I knew there would be growing pains with this young team, but watching the game last night was rather disheartening because there were so many obvious coaching failures on so many levels.