Week 5 Post-Game: Raiders 17 Packers 13

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

williewasgreat wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:16
Why the $%@# are we talking about Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson, move the $%@# on. Plenty wrong RIGHT NOW to talk about.
This is how I feel too! Why the constant rehashing issues from years gone by. It is not pertinent to this team NOW. It's ludicrous to continue discussing spurious opinions. There are certainly enough issues to be concerned about with the current team. I knew there would be growing pains with this young team, but watching the game last night was rather disheartening because there were so many obvious coaching failures on so many levels.
:clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Some folks derive more pleasure from being Doomers than from the team's success.

People who rush to take credit for being right about something are people who are not right very often.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And it isn't bold to predict we aren't good enough to win. You pretty much got a 31/32 shot of being right, so the 'I told ya so' just really means nothing.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

AmishMafia wrote:
10 Oct 2023 07:14
But I didn't see a lot of open WRs against a really poor Raider secondary. One play on the last drive all the WRs ran 4-8 yds and just stopped. Even Aikman said, "I don't know what that was".
Was that the one where Love was rolling (or escaping) left? If so, I saw that too. Pat Taylor kept trying to get open in the flat, but everyone else sort of stopped like they thought the play was over. :bkw:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Boy that was a terrible and talent-deficient team out on the field in Las Vegas last night.

Crappy QB and very below average running game. No explosiveness in the passing game. The Offensive line repeatedly gave up pressures.

There is very little talent outside of one edge player on the defense.

And don't get me started on the stupid coaching decisions.

I will not be surprised if the entire coaching staff gets fired at the end of the season.

And yet, somehow the Green Bay Packers lost to that team.

Not a good look, not a good look at all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:41
And it isn't bold to predict we aren't good enough to win. You pretty much got a 31/32 shot of being right, so the 'I told ya so' just really means nothing.
Yup. For as good as the 49ers are and have been fans on any forum can still say 5 years from now that the 9ers team was booty bum sauce and didn't accomplish anything during the Kyle Shannahan and John Lynch era.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:06
BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:41
Yup. For as good as the 49ers are and have been fans on any forum can still say 5 years from now that the 9ers team was booty bum sauce and didn't accomplish anything during the Kyle Shannahan and John Lynch era.
And they were idiots too. They had a really good shot at winning the last few years if they didn’t reach so hard on Lance.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:03
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... ante-adams

A good read on why Preston Smith was covering Adams and why that was a problem.
I didn't like it either, but what would you have him do that you wouldn't complain if that failed, he tried a different rush package, 30 front and since he didn't want to rush 5 someone had to drop, and since Smith is our closest thing to a OLB he got the call to force Tai inside towards more help.

If he had subbed out Smith for another CB people would have complained about that, although thats what he should have done.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Offense had 11 days to prepare after getting embarrassed and came out flat. Shameful.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not sure what kind of money Gary expects, but I had been saying he is not on the level of bosa and watt and shouldn’t be paid like it…now I must say he’s not even on tier 2 which is led by maxx Crosby.

He’s a good pass rusher. He’s not top tier. Hope he isn’t paid like he is.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:03
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... ante-adams

A good read on why Preston Smith was covering Adams and why that was a problem.
I didn't like it either, but what would you have him do that you wouldn't complain if that failed, he tried a different rush package, 30 front and since he didn't want to rush 5 someone had to drop, and since Smith is our closest thing to a OLB he got the call to force Tai inside towards more help.

If he had subbed out Smith for another CB people would have complained about that, although thats what he should have done.
Read the $%@# article before you pointlessly whine.
There are plenty of solutions for the issues that the Raiders presented in this specific play. Defenses can check into new plays based on their opponent’s look just as well as offenses can. In this scenario, you’d hope that someone on the defense would have noticed the empty spread formation — featuring five potential pass-catchers stretching from sideline to sideline —and gotten the team into a better coverage on a passing down.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Oct 2023 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:36
Offense had 11 days to prepare after getting embarrassed and came out flat. Shameful.
jmo
Lafleur knows the pass rush has gotten into Loves head, so he came out and established the run with Dillon and drew up some up tempo short pass routes to help Love get rid of the ball faster, problem is even that wasn't fast enough to beat the rush, no one could stop Crosby from flushing Love, and Love again froze in the pocket, made poor decisions and looked rattled the whole game

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:44
Drj820 wrote:
jmo
Lafleur knows the pass rush has gotten into Loves head, so he came out and established the run with Dillon and drew up some up tempo short pass routes to help Love get rid of the ball faster, problem is even that wasn't fast enough to beat the rush, no one could stop Crosby from flushing Love, and Love again froze in the pocket, made poor decisions and looked rattled the whole game
I think we could have done more to minimize Crosby’s Infleunce. Double teams, chip blocks, continue to pound the middle, and bootleg Love the opposite direction.

We haven’t seen much of the boot leg that was working in the preseason lately

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:52

I think we could have done more to minimize Crosby’s Infleunce.
I donno. I think crack back blocks with rookie TE was a great plan.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Madcity_matt wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:01
My hope for the season is to be entertained. I was entertained. My hope for the team is that over the course of the season, we find out what we've got. At just past the quarter pole there are lots of questions, but there is some good in there. We'll enter next season with solid draft capital, a pretty clean cap, and some money to spend.
Unfortunately a lot of folks here actually thought this was a playoff caliber team this past summer. With so young a roster and a first year starting QB I don't know what some were smoking. I think we have some intriguing talent here and I too am looking forward to the future. But if you go back and look at my posts since AR left I consistently said this was going to be a very up and down year.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
I don't think they came out flat. They screwed up like young teams do but they kept battling and had a great shot at winning it at the end but came up short. I did like the fact they never gave up.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:30
williewasgreat wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:16
Why the $%@# are we talking about Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson, move the $%@# on. Plenty wrong RIGHT NOW to talk about.
This is how I feel too! Why the constant rehashing issues from years gone by. It is not pertinent to this team NOW. It's ludicrous to continue discussing spurious opinions. There are certainly enough issues to be concerned about with the current team. I knew there would be growing pains with this young team, but watching the game last night was rather disheartening because there were so many obvious coaching failures on so many levels.
:clap:
Lets face it .... we're in a terrible drought. We should move ahead and not look back. We're going on 13 years since Super Bowl 45 and 27 years since Super Bowl 31. In the mean time, appreciate that Dillon, Kramer, Woodson and Butler made it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
And stop selling tickets to the opposing team!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:13
Madcity_matt wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:01
My hope for the season is to be entertained. I was entertained. My hope for the team is that over the course of the season, we find out what we've got. At just past the quarter pole there are lots of questions, but there is some good in there. We'll enter next season with solid draft capital, a pretty clean cap, and some money to spend.
Unfortunately a lot of folks here actually thought this was a playoff caliber team this past summer. With so young a roster and a first year starting QB I don't know what some were smoking. I think we have some intriguing talent here and I too am looking forward to the future. But if you go back and look at my posts since AR left I consistently said this was going to be a very up and down year.
see I just never had the feeling that it would be this dis jointed, and still don't think it would be minus several un for seen injuries and better OL backup play, minus Watson we where left with Reed as the field stretching receiver, and Doubs as our #1, and we all saw how explosive this offense could be with Jones as our feature back versus Dillon, and why wouldn't we all expect better defenses from Barry this his 3rd season.

Sorry Pugger, but to me expecting what we've been getting so far is being ultra conservative with expectations, simply do to what I just mentioned, with better health over all and those players in the fold and I'd bet Detroit would be / could be our only loss, and there is even room for debate with that one. :idn:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:44
Drj820 wrote:
jmo
When your line can't keep a pass rush out of your face you are going to get rattled. Love is no different than most other QBs. I truly believe the inability to block by our TEs and WRs is killing this offense along with the OL. M. Lewis' ability to block out there was like having another lineman.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Me thinks the OL may have always been mid, but rodgers got them in position on the field and constantly called out protections…and now they look clueless without that onfield coaching