Week 5 Post-Game: Raiders 17 Packers 13

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:26
Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:44
Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:36
Offense had 11 days to prepare after getting embarrassed and came out flat. Shameful.
jmo
Lafleur knows the pass rush has gotten into Loves head, so he came out and established the run with Dillon and drew up some up tempo short pass routes to help Love get rid of the ball faster, problem is even that wasn't fast enough to beat the rush, no one could stop Crosby from flushing Love, and Love again froze in the pocket, made poor decisions and looked rattled the whole game
When your line can't keep a pass rush out of your face you are going to get rattled. Love is no different than most other QBs. I truly believe the inability to block by our TEs and WRs is killing this offense along with the OL. M. Lewis' ability to block out there was like having another lineman.
see though, he actually is different then most QB's in that he's new at it.

this is what we all worried about with Love, ( or any young QB) most that get to the NFL have all the physical tools to succeed, it's the mental part that's a mystery, how will they deal with pass rush, imo most are unable to, not at first anyway, that stuff is all OJT.

for us to think Love will improve accuracy, make better decisions while trying to deal with poor blocking, well that is not what the data shows, in fact it's the opposite, we need this OL to block better in both phases.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Pugger wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:13
Madcity_matt wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:01
My hope for the season is to be entertained. I was entertained. My hope for the team is that over the course of the season, we find out what we've got. At just past the quarter pole there are lots of questions, but there is some good in there. We'll enter next season with solid draft capital, a pretty clean cap, and some money to spend.
Unfortunately a lot of folks here actually thought this was a playoff caliber team this past summer. With so young a roster and a first year starting QB I don't know what some were smoking. I think we have some intriguing talent here and I too am looking forward to the future. But if you go back and look at my posts since AR left I consistently said this was going to be a very up and down year.
Well to be fair a lot of people here would only be satisfied with a 17-0 regular season and a lombardi. But I would be willing to be if that ever happens (please!!!) that people will be complaining that we didn't win by enough in some of the games.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:16
Why the $%@# are we talking about Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson, move the $%@# on. Plenty wrong RIGHT NOW to talk about.
No no no ... we won't forget.

There are some on this forum that could understand a 4 time mvp and highest rated passer wasn't the problem and continually had to hear he was the problem.

It should be written in to the forum constitution "Remember when half the forum thought Rodgers was rhe problem". Always remember.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bud fox wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:48
It should be written in to the forum constitution "Remember when half the forum thought Rodgers was rhe problem". Always remember.
Sure did. I will always remember nailing that one. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:06
Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:52

I think we could have done more to minimize Crosby’s Infleunce.
I donno. I think crack back blocks with rookie TE was a great plan.
It was more tackle blocks.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:51
Yeah I dont mind this. If it would have 100% been a td without the penalty then penalty td.

There would be very few times you can declare it would 100% have been a td but this qlwas definitely one.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
Madcity_matt wrote:
My hope for the season is to be entertained. I was entertained. My hope for the team is that over the course of the season, we find out what we've got. At just past the quarter pole there are lots of questions, but there is some good in there. We'll enter next season with solid draft capital, a pretty clean cap, and some money to spend.
Unfortunately a lot of folks here actually thought this was a playoff caliber team this past summer. With so young a roster and a first year starting QB I don't know what some were smoking. I think we have some intriguing talent here and I too am looking forward to the future. But if you go back and look at my posts since AR left I consistently said this was going to be a very up and down year.
Well I am one of them idiot potheads I guess. I haven't given up hope we are not a playoff team YET! Other than the 49ers, Eagles and Lions who is so vastly superior to the Packers? You can make a good argument that noone else in the NFC is. The defense played well enough to win yesterday. I have said this before, MLF and Love need to coach/play better. Obviously I haven't given up on Love yet. Im not going to argue about the O-line with everyone. Its an average line. When average teams play each other you have to do the important things a little better than the other team, like coaching and QB play. Maybe the bar is little to high considering the last 2 QB's in Green Bay, I don't know. The experience of the recievers/TE's is an issue. Lets coach them up and have them over achieve, not under achieve. Love needs to improve not regress. There is obviously some talent there, he MLF needs to hone that in. Unfortunately he doesn't seem like a QB whisperer. Maybe the packers can steal some audio tapes from the Shanahans.

Go PACK GO

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

MY_TAKE wrote:
10 Oct 2023 15:07
Pugger wrote:
Madcity_matt wrote:
Well I am one of them idiot potheads I guess. I haven't given up hope we are not a playoff team YET! Other than the 49ers, Eagles and Lions who is so vastly superior to the Packers? You can make a good argument that noone else in the NFC is. The defense played well enough to win yesterday. I have said this before, MLF and Love need to coach/play better. Obviously I haven't given up on Love yet. Im not going to argue about the O-line with everyone. Its an average line. When average teams play each other you have to do the important things a little better than the other team, like coaching and QB play. Maybe the bar is little to high considering the last 2 QB's in Green Bay, I don't know. The experience of the recievers/TE's is an issue. Lets coach them up and have them over achieve, not under achieve. Love needs to improve not regress. There is obviously some talent there, he MLF needs to hone that in. Unfortunately he doesn't seem like a QB whisperer. Maybe the packers can steal some audio tapes from the Shanahans.

Go PACK GO
Before the first game I thought we could be a 10-7 team or at least 9-8. oh YEA and dont forget most important offensive threat hasnt been playing in Jones
Last edited by MY_TAKE on 10 Oct 2023 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Why the $%@# are we talking about Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson, move the $%@# on. Plenty wrong RIGHT NOW to talk about.

There are some on this forum that could understand a 4 time mvp and highest rated passer wasn't the problem and continually had to hear he was the problem.

Ah yes, the sole and only problem. No one ever complained about anything else. Ever. Yoop totally didn't complain that we needed better receivers, I totally didn't threaten to send Barry on a one way trip to Mars, and Royce Newman elevated our OL to new heights. Yep, nothing else to complain about, no siree.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

23s reaction is a reaction of guilt. It’s what happens you blame everything on 12 for years and attack anyone who could see rodgers was a good qb. At 2-3 and no rodgers to blame, We are heading into strange territory folks.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
With a dangerous foul like that we should have awarded half the distance to the goal.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 16:05
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

23s reaction is a reaction of guilt. It’s what happens you blame everything on 12 for years and attack anyone who could see rodgers was a good qb. At 2-3 and no rodgers to blame, We are heading into strange territory folks.
I know you are simply trolling, but...

So much evidence that proves this as less than truthful, which you know.

Never did I solely blame Rodgers for any win or loss.

Wanna talk 2023 Packers football, let's do it! I suspect you'll embarrass yourself though. All you want to talk about is betas and crying, and golf carts.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Oct 2023 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

ML play calling;

I liked his decision to stick with running Dillon into the end zone. But why didn’t he stick with Dillon or give Wilson a chance in the 2nd quarter? Not the first time LaFleur has forgotten to stick with the run.

I was a little dumbfounded when he called a screen to the RB on a 1st and 10 early in the game. Isn’t it better to call that play on a 3rd and 8 or a 2nd and 12 when the pass rushers are teeing off?

Why isn’t Emanuel Wilson getting at least a couple touches a game?…especially with Jones out.

Too many trick plays in earlier games with inexperienced players. Doesn’t Lafleur understand his personnel?

Why all of sudden in the Raider game try to change Love into a short pass west coast offense just to boost his stats? Yes, Love needs outlets to dump off but his strengths are throwing intermediate to long passes (not bombs).

Watson is at his best on crossing routes. Love is good at hitting him in stride. Didn’t see any.

I’ll never understand why ML doesn’t run straight at these elite pass rushers. He calls runs up the middle or to the other side and the rushers are so fast they are able to make a play. Instead double team them and run right over them with Dillon. I would like to see LaFleur at least try it…the results couldn’t be any worse.
Love is the answer…

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Other than a few headscratchers on defense, they did ok. Granted, it was against a crappy offense, but still.

This offense needs a TON of work. Nothing is working right now and it's an embarrassment. This goes beyond just a young, inexperienced team. Seems to me the Raiders came out and were determined to stop the air attack. Couldn't get anything going. Dillon earned some tough yards, but this offensive line is a complete joke. Can't hold that against Dillon.

I'm still of the mind that this season is a throw-away and I can't/shouldn't get too miffed, but here we are!

No matter who the opponent is, I expect our team to come out and play hard and make it look like they are prepared. There was some good individual effort on defense, not so much for the offense. Whatever game plan that was, it was horrible and poorly executed.

You hate to think they put all their eggs in the Aaron Jones basket only to be left empty handed come game time.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Couldn't find bottom fives, which are my favorite :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

bud fox wrote:
10 Oct 2023 14:59
BF004 wrote:
Yeah I dont mind this. If it would have 100% been a td without the penalty then penalty td.

There would be very few times you can declare it would 100% have been a td but this qlwas definitely one.
That used to be just a regular tackle, I’d be pissed if they started awarding TDs or anything more than they do now for it.

The horse collar tackle is dangerous when a big bodied player grabs it and then lays up on the back of your legs. Peters didn’t even do that.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

musclestang wrote:
10 Oct 2023 21:37
bud fox wrote:
BF004 wrote:

That used to be just a regular tackle, I’d be pissed if they started awarding TDs or anything more than they do now for it.

The horse collar tackle is dangerous when a big bodied player grabs it and then lays up on the back of your legs. Peters didn’t even do that.
I don't mean a horse collar, I mean for an intentional penalty/foul when it was going to 100% be a td. It would rarely ever happen because it is hard to say its 100% going to be a td, but that one yesterday was an example.

I don't really care but other sports do it or have more severe penalties etc

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Like goal tending
Love is the answer…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
10 Oct 2023 21:44
musclestang wrote:
10 Oct 2023 21:37
bud fox wrote:

I don't mean a horse collar, I mean for an intentional penalty/foul when it was going to 100% be a td. It would rarely ever happen because it is hard to say its 100% going to be a td, but that one yesterday was an example.

I don't really care but other sports do it or have more severe penalties etc
Defenders will commit pass interference all the time if beat and a TD is imminent. Gonna award TDs for pass interference, too?