Packers @ Broncos GDT: Sunday, Oct. 22nd, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Broncos GDT: Sunday, Oct. 22nd, 3:25 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Denver Broncos :broncos:

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 - 3:25 CST
Spread - Packers -1.5
Over/Under - 45

Empower Stadium at Mile High - Denver, Colorado

How To Watch
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=7
CBS, Fubo, YouTube Sunday Ticket
Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

Melanie Collins on the sidelines

Weather
image.png
image.png (205.95 KiB) Viewed 5345 times

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... oncos-2023
he Green Bay Packers travel west to face the Denver Broncos on Sunday.

It is the third time in the last four trips to Denver that the game has been in October.
The Packers have won four of the last five matchups.
Green Bay leads the regular-season series, 7-6-1 (.536).
The Packers' only win in Denver came in 2007.
Green Bay played at Denver following the bye week during the 2007 and 2015 seasons. The Packers won an overtime thriller, 19-13, on an 82-yard touchdown pass from QB Brett Favre to WR Greg Jennings in OT in 2007, and lost the matchup in 2015.
Five of the last six matchups have been decided by double digits, including four games by 19-plus points.
The Packers are 12-7 (.632) against AFC teams under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, tied with Seattle (12-7, .632) for the top winning percentage by an NFC team over that span (2019-23).
The last time Green Bay played a road game heading into the bye and coming out of the bye was 2011, winning at the Minnesota Vikings in Week 7 and at the San Diego Chargers in Week 9.

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Broncos 17
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Oct 2023 15:07, edited 7 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That Favre to Jennings ball in 2007 was right in front of me. That ball just hung in the air to let Jennings run under it.

It was one of the coolest moments I experienced live in my football life. I can't believe that was already 16 years ago.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Damn it, [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]! I wish I'd known you were building a GDT...I just wasted 20 min! :lol:

One thing, I believe the game will be broadcast on CBS with Kevin Harlan, Trent Green with Melanie Collins on the sideline. I, too, saw several sites listing Fox as the network but I believe it's gonna be CBS.

Oh, and about that Melanie Collins gal...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2023 11:46
Damn it, @Pckfn23! I wish I'd known you were building a GDT...I just wasted 20 min! :lol:

One thing, I believe the game will be broadcast on CBS with Kevin Harlan, Trent Green with Melanie Collins on the sideline. I, too, saw several sites listing Fox as the network but I believe it's gonna be CBS.

Fixed! Thanks!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

well, if we win this, we have a chance to rebound..if we lose to denver....the writing for this team will be on the wall
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Rex Ryan on the horizon for Denver ?

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2023/1 ... -dc-rumor/

Pat McAfee claims that the Denver Broncos might consider making a change at defensive coordinator and bringing in Rex Ryan as their new DC.

“There’s rumblings right now, rumors, rumors … the Broncos might be making a change at DC, allegedly,” McAfee said on show Tuesday.
“I don’t know when … [but it could be] Rex Ryan potentially.”

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA wrote:
18 Oct 2023 12:20
Rex Ryan on the horizon for Denver ?
I wouldn't want Rex as DC. His teeth are too white...

:lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Quay back at practice. That's a good thing.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This game will go a long way in determining if we are a contender or a pretender.

(I just haven't heard that said in a while. No I don't actually think that)
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wow.

The Packers have the late afternoon game and are NOT being televised across the country.

It's a new era.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2023 12:54
Wow.

The Packers have the late afternoon game and are NOT being televised across the country.

It's a new era.
It's gotta be the Broncos...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
Wow.

It's a new era.
Yes. We are stuck with KC vs Bolts or Atl at Tampa. Thank goodness we have NFL Red Zone so I'll see most of the big plays and scoring.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2023 12:52
This game will go a long way in determining if we are a contender or a pretender.

I mean it isn't like we hear it before almost every game... :rotf:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
Wow.

It's a new era.
A big part of this is because the NFL recently discovered Taylor Swift is a huge ratings draw for casual fans
The Packers -Broncos lose out to Chiefs + Swift playing an LA team the league is desperate to showcase. It is a new era for non-WI Packerfans, but I'm not sure which other match-up would bump Chiefs - Chargers. Can't be many.
IT. IS. TIME

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2023 12:52

The Broncos have allowed the most passing touchdowns, they have the worst opponent completion percentage (76.5%), and they have allowed the second most passing yards of any team in the league.

If Love struggles to complete half of his throws against this group of &%$@ birds after an extended break, then it should go a long way in determining if he is a contender or a pretender.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23, that stadium photo is da Bears' home field, not Empower at Mile High. (There isn't that much water anywhere close to Empower. Hahaha)

I got my tickets for this one. Decided to go down close to the field, in row 5 on the 20 yard line on the Bronco side.

I do take the Bronco D seriously. They messed with KC pretty well. But they're also up and down. Hard to tell which will show this week.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
18 Oct 2023 15:05
Pckfn23, that stadium photo is da Bears' home field, not Empower at Mile High. (There isn't that much water anywhere close to Empower. Hahaha)
Thanks for the heads up. I thought I had changed it, but must have forgot.

Just FYI for those in the future crafting a GDT thread. I simply quote a previous GDT thread from the same time, copy the contents, and replace the necessary content. MUCH less work than crafting it from scratch.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's the broncos depth chart heading into Sunday.
Lots of rumblings about Denver selling off assets before the trade deadline. Packers are casually looking at the managers special bargain bin - but this just isn't a very well-stocked roster.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DEN
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Definitely want Caleb Jones to be the first one off the bus in Denver

IT. IS. TIME

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2023 11:46
Damn it, @Pckfn23! I wish I'd known you were building a GDT...I just wasted 20 min! :lol:

Do you see those roots? :lol: :beer2: :hide: